It's so awesome that we have access to camera on lock screen, that could be opened by pressing and holding very easily, but further more if we look at other platforms and leaders (for example HTC's android) they have a lock screen with ability to open browser, text message, etc. Think of that feature on BB 10, with even more improvements where you can choose your favourite applications to be there.
    Heat this in the comments fellows, let me know what you think.
    10-23-14 08:22 PM
    Well, Notifications (email, sms, Facebook, BBM, ect can be opened from the lock screen. It takes a couple of taps but you can do it.

I do agree that pinning (WP term..lol) favorite apps, BlackBerry Channels, ect would be nice.

Sent from my awesome BlackBerry Z3 running BlackBerry 10 - 2BBEAACF
    10-24-14 04:24 AM
    To be honest i've never used the camera shortcut from the lock screen... I've had BB10 since February 5th, 2013... I'm sure I'm not alone on this...

Custom shortcuts would be useful for some I'm sure, but i dont think it is a much needed/ wanted feature for most

The only shortcut i need from the lock screen is to my new messages, which is already provided via the double tap function as another poster mentioned

Posted via my game changer BlackBerry Passport
    10-24-14 05:43 AM
    I would like to see an ICE (In Case of Emergency) button. That would have important medical info, and be able to call pre selected contacts. That way you can lock your phone, and if you lose your phone or have a medical emergency you can easily get help.

Loving the hidden Squircle. I'm gonna make a trip to Fostah
    10-24-14 06:23 AM
    Useless because BlackBerry 10 doesn't normally go to lock screen when you swipe, it immediately unlocks.
    It's useful for android because of the lock screen 2 step opening

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 07:43 AM
    Not to discourage people from throwing ideas out there or BlackBerry software evolution in general, but isn't the point of a lock screen security and privacy? If we add too much functionality to the lock screen it kind of defeats the purpose of it being locked, not to mention making it more cluttered instead of clean and punchy. As another poster mentioned, it only takes a swipe or two (which is already very smooth and efficient with bb10) and everything is there ready with all your most frequent apps on the first home screen (if you arrange them as such).

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 10:59 AM