I was able to use Remote File Access when I first got my Verizon Z10 at intro, but that feature was for some reason disabled when I started downloading all of the 10.1.0.XXX leaks. I figured it would get fixed eventually and with the new 10.2.0.1047 leak I was right, it now works.

However, for some reason I am getting two computer "connections" showing up in the File Manger:

Duplicate Remote File Access PC showing up in File Manger-img_00000525.jpg

The official name of my networked computer is RICKNRICH, but only the second one RICKNRICH-1 actually lets me access the files remotely. There seems to be a problem connecting the actual named computer. There are no files showing up under RICKNRICH.

This is not a huge problem because I can access my files as desired, but why would this happen? I tried the following to fix this:

1. Signed out of Link and rebooted everything. I deleted the "bblink" account under Accounts in Settings. This got rid of both of the computers in the File Manager.
    2. I then signed back into Link and reset up Remote File Access as if a new user. Immediately both RICKNRICH and RICKNRICH-1 are created on my Z10 but only RICKNRICH-1 can access the files. Madness.

Perhaps it's a bug in 10.2, but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and might steer me how to fix it. Thanks.
    08-04-13 04:19 PM
    Sounds like a bug to me!
    08-04-13 09:48 PM
    Have you tried a security wipe?

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 09:56 PM
    I was able to use Remote File Access when I first got my Verizon Z10 at intro, but that feature was for some reason disabled when I started downloading all of the 10.1.0.XXX leaks. I figured it would get fixed eventually and with the new 10.2.0.1047 leak I was right, it now works.

However, for some reason I am getting two computer "connections" showing up in the File Manger:

The official name of my networked computer is RICKNRICH, but only the second one RICKNRICH-1 actually lets me access the files remotely. There seems to be a problem connecting the actual named computer. There are no files showing up under RICKNRICH.

This is not a huge problem because I can access my files as desired, but why would this happen? I tried the following to fix this:

1. Signed out of Link and rebooted everything. I deleted the "bblink" account under Accounts in Settings. This got rid of both of the computers in the File Manager.
    2. I then signed back into Link and reset up Remote File Access as if a new user. Immediately both RICKNRICH and RICKNRICH-1 are created on my Z10 but only RICKNRICH-1 can access the files. Madness.

Perhaps it's a bug in 10.2, but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and might steer me how to fix it. Thanks.
    Are you running Windows 8??
    08-04-13 09:59 PM
    That happened to me when I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 8,

However on your Z10 go to settings > BlackBerry Link ..
    Scroll down you will see list of paired computers, delete the unusable one by holding it and pressing delete

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 11:05 PM
    Yes Kris, I did a security wipe after I installed the OS as you recommend.

And of course, all the fussing I've done has totally screwed up the damn thing. When I deleted the non-working RICHNRICH suggested by Alooi Divona above and rebooted everything, the Z10 "reinstalled both of the computers (including RICHNRICH-1) except this time neither will access my files.

I should have left it alone and live with it because now it's truly f'd up. I'm not going to wipe again and restore because the last restore totally messed my contacts up worse than usual and I had between two and five duplicates of nearly all of my 235 contacts. And the worthless Intouch backup app doesn't work at all to delete duplicates or for that matter, even to back up the contacts properly. Several of my contacts were gone after the last backup and install I did with it.
    08-05-13 03:50 AM
    This just happened to me, a simple reboot of the phone solved this. Nevertheless, the 3G access does not work (again). I was so glad when the recent RM solved this issue for me and now it�s fracking frustrating again
    08-05-13 10:24 AM
    mmmmm, I think the key here is that you gave your Device a name other than the default name. Here's what worked for me. Open Link, connect up your device. Click on your device On the lower right, click the (3-dots) button. Have it show all devices (disconnected devices as well). My guess, is that you have more than one stored device for the same device PIN.

What I did, was to delete ALL stored devices, reboot my machine, then connect up the device from fresh. That worked for me.

What I did was, I had my device on a particular OS, with the device name changed to whatever I wanted. I then upgraded the OS, and, connected up to link whilst forgetting to update the device name. So I had the same device stored twice in Link.

When I cleaned up as described above, it seemed to clear that all up.... hope this helps
    08-05-13 11:31 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000525.jpg 
Views:	2311 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	189317

Not a bug in 10.2, I've had it ever since I changed the name of my computer in Link. In Settings -> BlackBerry Link it shows only the correct name but has both in File Manager with the old one being the accessible one. Tried the same fixes, no change.

Posted via CB10
    This works for me only if I don't do a restore.

mmmmm, I think the key here is that you gave your Device a name other than the default name. Here's what worked for me. Open Link, connect up your device. Click on your device On the lower right, click the (3-dots) button. Have it show all devices (disconnected devices as well). My guess, is that you have more than one stored device for the same device PIN.

What I did, was to delete ALL stored devices, reboot my machine, then connect up the device from fresh. That worked for me.

What I did was, I had my device on a particular OS, with the device name changed to whatever I wanted. I then upgraded the OS, and, connected up to link whilst forgetting to update the device name. So I had the same device stored twice in Link.

When I cleaned up as described above, it seemed to clear that all up.... hope this helps
    Hope this works for the OP, I just tried this myself and Link only shows my current device - no duplicates.
    08-05-13 01:27 PM
    I don't know if this will help you, but I had a similar problem and fooled around with mine and got it fixed.

I opened Link on BlackBerry Q, deleted the current paired computer. Then I changed my device name. I repeated the process in BlackBerry Link, deleting the paired handset and changed my PC device name.

Then I logged out of BlackBerry Link from the PC. I logged back in. I then went to BlackBerry World, My World, Settings, General, Refresh BlackBerry World, re-entered BB World, went to My World, Settings, Payment Options, Edit, (and without changing anything, enetered my BB World ID - just to authenticate).

Somehow that fixed it for me.
    08-05-13 03:21 PM
    Thanks for the idea grumpy, but the only device that shows up is my current device. I didn't have any additional ones.

One good thing, all the fussing I did trying things reconnected me up to the "RICKNRICH-1" computer (which doesn't exist) and I can access my files again that way.

The next 10.2 leak that comes out and I upgrade, the phone will be wiped. I'll try again to set this right.
    Last edited by rickkel; 08-15-13 at 12:24 AM.
    08-15-13 12:04 AM
    I experienced the same thing last night. Security wipe/restore fixed it.
    12-09-13 03:22 PM
    I experienced the same thing last night. Security wipe/restore fixed it.
    Restoring was what brought mine back, not restoring was my solution.
    12-09-13 05:08 PM
    I'm having the same problems. Pc's seem to duplicate everytime I connect
    Duplicate Remote File Access PC showing up in File Manger-img_20141127_213306.png

Can anyone suggest how to fix/stop this. I'm up to 7 now.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 11:56 PM
    I see that on mine too...Duplicate PC connections. I'm on 10.3.1.1154...didn't have it on previous leaks.

Crackberry Genius on Verizon 10.3.1.1154
    11-28-14 12:51 AM
    This started on mine with install of 1151 leak and continues with 1154. I thought that the update to 1154 would fix it. No such luck

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 02:05 AM
    Did either of you two try the above suggestions? I haven't had any duplicates since I posted earlier in this thread.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 02:27 AM
    Did either of you two try the above suggestions? I haven't had any duplicates since I posted earlier in this thread.

Posted via CB10
    I don't see the other one of your "earlier posts in this thread"... very funny lol....

12-12-14 02:00 AM
    #9 and #13.

I don't see the other one of your "earlier posts in this thread"... very funny lol....

12-12-14 02:21 AM

Posted via CB10
    I connected my device to my computer, fired up Link, and then fully connected to my device. I don't see any "three dots" to click on, much less in the right hand corner. I'm at a loss for where to go to see other paired devices in Link.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    12-12-14 08:42 PM
    I connected my device to my computer, fired up Link, and then fully connected to my device. I don't see any "three dots" to click on, much less in the right hand corner. I'm at a loss for where to go to see other paired devices in Link.

You won't see the 3 dots (overflow menu) in 10.3.x, that was posted during the 10.2.x days last year. In 10.3 you will see your connected devices in File Manager and/or in Device Connections; long press to view files or delete selection.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 08:59 PM
    You won't see the 3 dots (overflow menu) in 10.3.x, that was posted during the 10.2.x days last year. In 10.3 you will see your connected devices in File Manager and/or in Device Connections; long press to view files or delete selection.

Posted via CB10
    They way I read the instructions I should be looking for the dots in Link, not my my device. So in 10.3.1 you are saying I should see a list of computers under Device Connections and I should remove them there? If so this has been a long standing issue where the computers just come back.

12-12-14 09:13 PM
    They way I read the instructions I should be looking for the dots in Link, not my my device. So in 10.3.1 you are saying I should see a list of computers under Device Connections and I should remove them there? If so this has been a long standing issue where the computers just come back.

Right; and if they don't stay deleted then you'll be needing to jump through hoops to get rid of them. Try unchecking any and all devices from Link itself, leave it open, then on your device delete all connected PC's and whatnot. That might do the trick, you could try the setup process at this point and see, or continue from that point and do a security wipe. Reinstall with an autoloader or use the factory restore in Link, but don't restore - you'll want to see if you have duplicate devices on a default install. If all is well, you can either do a full restore with your fingers crossed, or do a selective restore of all app data except System Settings, and restore media if you want as well - just not Settings, and not System Settings within App Data. It's a bit involved and no guarantees, hopefully it works.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 09:25 PM
    Right; and if they don't stay deleted then you'll be needing to jump through hoops to get rid of them. Try unchecking any and all devices from Link itself, leave it open, then on your device delete all connected PC's and whatnot. That might do the trick, you could try the setup process at this point and see, or continue from that point and do a security wipe. Reinstall with an autoloader or use the factory restore in Link, but don't restore - you'll want to see if you have duplicate devices on a default install. If all is well, you can either do a full restore with your fingers crossed, or do a selective restore of all app data except System Settings, and restore media if you want as well - just not Settings, and not System Settings within App Data. It's a bit involved and no guarantees, hopefully it works.

Posted via CB10
    Where in Link are you suggesting I uncheck devices? Under Remote File Access? If so there is only one device listed.

I would rather not go through wipes and partial restores, thus losing other settings and having to manually recreate things, just to see if my extra computer goes away. Thank you for trying to help though.

12-13-14 06:31 AM
    Where in Link are you suggesting I uncheck devices? Under Remote File Access? If so there is only one device listed.

I would rather not go through wipes and partial restores, thus losing other settings and having to manually recreate things, just to see if my extra computer goes away. Thank you for trying to help though.

Yes it would be under Remote File Access in Link. All that effort is pretty much just to attempting reset the association back to the beginning since the cause of the replication is a bit vague. You could do it on next OS load if you use autoloaders , just check the association before you'd restore.

Posted via CB10
    HotFix and david7saad like this.
    12-13-14 09:45 AM
127 123 ...