Hi guys,

I am running the latest BB 10 and I still have duplicate contacts. Its not just duplicate.. I have some contacts replicated 10 times I am just pissed off!! Can somebody help me how to fix this??

Regards,
    11-04-13 12:29 PM
    See if what your are seeing as duplicate contacts is the same contact in diferent account types, whatsapp, bbm, email, linkedin, twitter,etc,etc.

You can select diferent accounts type for the same contact and vinculated to only one,. and you are going to see only one contact.
    11-04-13 12:42 PM
    I would sync my contacts with an email account like gmail or outlook and remove all local contacts from the phone. That should solve your duplicated contacts problem.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 12:47 PM
    Elhot69,

Thanks for your quick response. I have already linked up those accounts that repeat from twitter, Facebook etc.. so that's not the case here. The linked contact don't seems to get replicated.. others contacts are replicated.. and not all contacts..

I'm thinking of shifting all my contacts from Gmail to outlook.com.. will that work?

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 12:49 PM
    ContactX works very well for merging duplicate contacts. Has saved me a lot of work.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 12:58 PM
    I'm getting this also. It's only with the contacts that are on the Sim card. In my case, it is the 4 VZ text #'s for data usage, payment info, etc , and 2 others. If I select the option to delete them from the Sim, it doesn't work. When I manually delete them, they come back as one contact each and by the end of the day I have 4 or more of each. I initially thought it was the VZ backup assistant causing it, so I deleted the app and all my contacts. then I brought them in using a different app, leaving me with the 6 problem contacts.

Elhot69,

Thanks for your quick response. I have already linked up those accounts that repeat from twitter, Facebook etc.. so that's not the case here. The linked contact don't seems to get replicated.. others contacts are replicated.. and not all contacts..

I'm thinking of shifting all my contacts from Gmail to outlook.com.. will that work?

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 12:58 PM
    Elhot69,

Posted via CB10
    In my case it worked. But before deleting your local contacts there is one thing. Each time you have edited your contacts on your phone, you never know exactly wich one you edited. In my case local and email contacts where linked to each other and when i deleted the locals, I found out that all my editing was gone, cause my editing went for the locals.
    I hope I'm not spinig your head and you understand what I mean ) it's not a big deal, just a heads up

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 01:41 PM
    Regarding the SIM card, I also found that it a little complicated deleting all contacts from it. In my case the SIM had contacts like emergency which were not meant to be deleted. So when I was deleting all - the phone would just hang. What i did is select all contacts manually and then deleting them, leaving the emergency untouched. Then the procedure took only a few minutes.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 01:46 PM