So I just has a peak into my android directory and i have found that I have duplicate folders such as pictures/Pictures both have the same files in each and of I delete a file in one it deletes in the other? :/ is there a way of restructuring the file system to how it was normally? Also I tried deleting the folder but it says permission denied so I'm guessing they were made by the system.

Thanks

Duplicate android folders-img_00001370.png

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 05:06 AM
    Mine are 3 fold, if you try to delete it you get a message stating that you do not have permission.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 05:16 AM
    No, this is by default, Linux and Unix OS see pictures and Pictures as two separate folders. In order to prevent an app to crash because it is looking for a folder that "doesn't " exists they all ready made them available with both spellings.

I hope this will make it a bit more clear for you, since English is not my native language.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 05:18 AM
    The files and/or folders are symlink'ed. Symlink is a Linux feature that's similar to a shortcut but actually acts like the real file (whatever the file is; pictures, videos, audio & even programs) without making an actual copy saving space as the Symlink isn't a depulicate file.

The folder structure works the same even on Android, even though Android phones don't display the secondary folders to reduce confusion to the users. You can usually use a file explorer app/program that has root privileges to see these folders.

Posted via CB10
    jhimmel likes this.
    12-08-13 05:39 AM