We all know that BlackBerry is Android OEM partner and as Chen said the next two BlackBerry devices will be Android powered.
    I really don't like Android on BlackBerry devices but sometimes you have to accept certain things.

Like all BlackBerry loyalist I also don't want our beloved BB10 OS to die, but to save the BB10 OS BlackBerry should provide us the options with dual OS in the upcoming BlackBerry devices. What's your opinion??

Posted via CB10
    gugomat likes this.
    04-10-16 02:07 PM
    No. Bad idea. Won't happen.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-10-16 02:20 PM
    We all know that BlackBerry is Android OEM partner and as Chen said the next two BlackBerry devices will be Android powered.
    I really don't like Android on BlackBerry devices but sometimes you have to accept certain things.

Like all BlackBerry loyalist I also don't want our beloved BB10 OS to die, but to save the BB10 OS BlackBerry should provide us the options with dual OS in the upcoming BlackBerry devices. What's your opinion??

Posted via CB10
    I would like this, but the chances of it happening are minus infinity.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-16 02:21 PM
    When are the new phones coming out and is there any rumors about them, pictures or, news

Posted via CB10
    04-10-16 02:26 PM
    When are the new phones coming out and is there any rumors about them, pictures or, news

Posted via CB10
    Funny that you asked:

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/...year-says-ceo/

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    04-10-16 02:28 PM
    There only mid range devices thought I think I'll stick with the passport but it nice to know that they are keeping the physical keyboard

Posted via CB10
    04-10-16 02:34 PM
    According to reports Yes, there are 2 upcoming android powers BlackBerry devices are coming.

http://liliputing.com/2016/04/report...ones-2016.html
    Dual OS for upcoming BlackBerry devices to save BB10-bb-phones.jpg

Posted via CB10
    04-10-16 02:59 PM
    Dual-boot devices (from the factory) are a violation of the license BB signed with Google for access to Google Play Services and the Play Store. So, in order to do that, they'd have to give up their license, which would mean they'd be back to having no apps. The whole point of going to Android was to fix that primary problem.

So, the chances of this happening are zero.
    Eumaeus likes this.
    04-10-16 04:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    �\_(ツ)_/� and �\_(ツ)_/�, respectively.

Anyway, as has been pointed out above, it is more viable to have kosher Android and no BB10 instead of a dual-boot.

werkregen likes this.
    04-10-16 04:34 PM
    CLASSIC!!!!!.... . and painfully appropriate.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.2.2813
    04-10-16 07:40 PM
    There only mid range devices thought I think I'll stick with the passport but it nice to know that they are keeping the physical keyboard

Posted via CB10
    Really like this design and hope the keyboard will be wide enough. Coming from the Passport I can appreciate some room lol

Also can appreciate the VK that BlackBerry has achieved like on the Z30. It was such an amazing keyboard that I had to get rid of it cause I was swiping while driving constantly. Hence the move to the Passport which you ain't textn with that phone one hand lol. Keeps me safe.

So looking forward to these two phones just hope they have adequate specs and don't let us down as they have done with the classic and the leap. My opinion of course.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-16 10:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    BB10 is already dead! Ship has sailed ! Ticket has been punched! Since you seem to like fantasies, How is Mr Rourke and Tattoo these days
    04-11-16 11:52 AM
    Is Hypervisor even a functioning product yet? They made that announcement year, about the same time they made the announcement about BlackBerry Experience Suite that has gone MIA. Until you see it in action and it's been real word tested with whatever hardware and software platforms are on the market... it's just a nice dream.

But as others have said, there have been other dual booting devices suppose to come to market.... how did they do?
    04-11-16 11:57 AM
    THERE WILL BE MO MORE BB10 DEVICES.

via my Samsung Galaxy S5
    04-11-16 11:58 AM
    if you want a dual boot device get a compatible android and run ubuntu on it problem solved
    04-11-16 12:58 PM
    Hypervisor ehm..

Posted via CB10
    04-11-16 01:02 PM
    just wait another 5 years for the hypervisor haha
    04-11-16 01:52 PM
    Interesting notion, though I still believe that for the sake of good business and the consumer perhaps the idea of a flagship BBOS device released alongside these android blackberry devices will make everyone happy and provide choice.
    04-11-16 02:02 PM
    Never going to happen... Ever.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-16 02:14 PM
    Interesting notion, though I still believe that for the sake of good business and the consumer perhaps the idea of a flagship BBOS device released alongside these android blackberry devices will make everyone happy and provide choice.
    Heck, if it can do two OS......

A BlackBerry BBOS, BB10, along with BB Android. All OS are operating concurrently, with notification sent to the Hypervisor to allow for alerts not matter what OS is being focused on.. You guys just think you PRIV runs a little warm.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-11-16 03:12 PM
    Hmm... D�j� vu

*backs out slowly*
    04-11-16 04:00 PM
    Yeah, who started that whole Hypervisor shenanigans speculation anyway, lol.
    04-11-16 04:40 PM
    Funny that you asked:

BlackBerry plans to launch two mid-range Android phones this year, says CEO | Ars Technica

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    Man, guess the Priv will be the last "high" end Blackberry device we will ever see, if it was one really. If the midrange devices work, they will stick with those, if not, no more hardware.
    04-11-16 04:46 PM
    Android OS has bigger sale, is more popular, has more apps... so why would android be interested in bb10? Android sucks on it's own, proven fact over the years. Their kernel is the issue and BlackBerry's kernel is the solution.

Q10
    04-11-16 04:56 PM
    Not dual boot, but they should provide a BB10 option on all phones. You buy one or the other. The cost of design and tooling of the hardware is already done, so why not take the opportunity to recoup more of the cost ? The cost and effort require to put BB10 on the hardware would not be extravagant and we do know there are certainly enough of us to prefer BB10 and can live with it in its current state.
    Look,even if it were to sell an additional 20000 phones, that would be enough to justify the cost of the port. There are plenty of other 'intangibles' that BB would gain by this action. i.e. we stick by our customers, we can provide our own end to end solution, our QNX/BB platform is still viable for other industries.
    If BB gives up on BBOS10, why would anyone not just run to Apple or Google for the car platforms that BB was once after?

Of course, there is one other option for survival. Free up BBOS10 for anyone to use and port to their platform...
    abhi7848 likes this.
    04-11-16 08:45 PM
44 12