I have asked in various forums why my Classic and Z30 drop calls like my iPhone 5 used to do. I live in a rural area and once I got an iPhone 6 I could talk all the way from home to work and back. Before, with the iPhone 5 I would lose calls twice in about a 1 mile stretch of highway. Now, with the Classic and Z30 I'm getting the same cell service as I did with my iPhone 5. I lose calls 2 times in this 1 mile stretch. My iPhone 6 stays connected all the way through. I asked a couple of times on this forum and Bla1ze suggested I call Verizon. I just got off the phone with them and they have identified my issue. Their customer service is getting so good it's scaring me...

The Classic and Z30 I have do not have "HD Calling". It's some kind of advanced calling that is built into the phone. I'll try to explain it. This "HD Calling" smooths out the transition from where your are moving between cell phone providers. Say I'm moving from US Cellular to Verizon Towers (I just made up the providers) in a rural area. HD Calling will keep you connected as your phone makes the transition. The problem is that the iPhone 5 and all the BB's except the Priv do not have "HD Calling."

So, problem solved???? It is what it is....

I'm still keeping my Classic and Z30.
    06-27-16 04:47 PM
    I have asked in various forums why my Classic and Z30 drop calls like my iPhone 5 used to do. I live in a rural area and once I got an iPhone 6 I could talk all the way from home to work and back. Before, with the iPhone 5 I would lose calls twice in about a 1 mile stretch of highway. Now, with the Classic and Z30 I'm getting the same cell service as I did with my iPhone 5. I lose calls 2 times in this 1 mile stretch. My iPhone 6 stays connected all the way through. I asked a couple of times on this forum and Bla1ze suggested I call Verizon. I just got off the phone with them and they have identified my issue. Their customer service is getting so good it's scaring me...

The Classic and Z30 I have do not have "HD Calling". It's some kind of advanced calling that is built into the phone. I'll try to explain it. This "HD Calling" smooths out the transition from where your are moving between cell phone providers. Say I'm moving from US Cellular to Verizon Towers (I just made up the providers) in a rural area. HD Calling will keep you connected as your phone makes the transition. The problem is that the iPhone 5 and all the BB's except the Priv do not have "HD Calling."

I'm still keeping my Classic and Z30.
    If they say so....

I taught HD Calling required LTE, which for me usually isn't all that great in rural area where I tend to drop down to 3G before dropping a call. So are they just telling you that you need to buy a new phone?
    06-27-16 04:57 PM
    That's BS. My q10 and z30 had HD calling. Bell Canada
    06-27-16 05:08 PM
    Customer Service addressed the problem on your BlackBerry phone. That's simple.

I remember my Z30 having HD calling.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-16 06:20 PM
    I get HD calling and I'm not even using my LTE. In on Telus as well.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-16 07:23 PM
    I think you are being hoodwinked. The BB10 phones all have the capability for HD Voice, it's probably just that your provider doesn't have them on their "list". Oh, also, the iPhone 5 has the capability as well, hardware-wise anyway.
    06-27-16 07:51 PM
    That's BS. My q10 and z30 had HD calling. Bell Canada
    How do you know? How can I check on my phones?
    06-27-16 09:37 PM
    I think you are being hoodwinked. The BB10 phones all have the capability for HD Voice, it's probably just that your provider doesn't have them on their "list". Oh, also, the iPhone 5 has the capability as well, hardware-wise anyway.
    But it is very interesting all 5 iPhone 5's on my company plan all dropped out exactly where my Classic is dropping out. However, the iPhone 6 (all 5) never dropped out.
    06-27-16 09:39 PM
    Is there a way to find this "HD" setting on my BB's?
    06-27-16 09:39 PM
    iPhone 6
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Samsung Galaxy S 5
    LG G2

were all initial rollout models for Verizon HD Voice fall 2014. I don't think they ever went back and validated older models for HD Voice even if they were hardware capable.
    06-27-16 09:52 PM
    Is there a way to find this "HD" setting on my BB's?
    No there is no setting.
    06-27-16 11:39 PM