I have all my Pics, and videos saving to my 64GB sdcard and for the life of me I cannot get any other them to sync with Dropbox. Is it only capable of syncing with the internal storage? Am I missing a setting? Thanks
    03-11-13 06:09 AM
    DropBox should sync with any picture/video that is taken. I havent seen it sync with anything that was put on the device itself from other sources (either Link or WiFi transfer or anything previous). I havent tested it thoroughly, but that is my first glance result.
    03-11-13 06:47 AM
    Yeah I even tried changing the location of the saved pics to the internal. Still wont sync a new pic. I even deleted the app and reinstalled it. Still no go.
    03-11-13 07:24 AM
    If I recall correctly only Box had the auto sync option. Box can auto sync pictures and videos. If you enable this option it appears to sync all new photos/videos from your default store location. (ie, if you set the camera to store pics on your sdcard box will pic them up from that location) The only way Dropbox will sync is if you store things in your Dropbox folder which is what is actually synced.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 08:13 AM
    Ok so I need to move all pics etc into Dropbox manually through the file manager then.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 06:32 PM
    Yes or just use box. They give more space anyway

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 06:58 PM
    Yeah i signed up for Box but have only 5GB. I have 50GB of Dropbox free when I got my S3 last year but it's only for 2 years i think

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 07:21 PM
    Ahh. I'm in opposite boat...got 50 GB with Box when I signed up my PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 07:53 PM
    Any ideas why I get "Storage full or unavailable" on my Playbook sideload of Dropbox? I had v2.1 on PB working fine, then found a 2.3 that works on my Z10 so thought 'upgrade it on PB' but now I get that msg. I removed 2.3, reinstalled 2.1 one samething. I can no longer open any of my files, just see them there, but get error every time.
    03-13-13 01:14 AM
    Is there no auto sync with Dropbox own the z10? With my Android and iOS devices all pictures uploaded once within wifi range. No?
    03-13-13 04:08 AM
    It should sync as long as you store files on the Dropbox "drive". Only Box has the option to auto-sync pictures/videos as of the current releases of the apps.

Is there no auto sync with Dropbox own the z10? With my Android and iOS devices all pictures uploaded once within wifi range. No?
    03-13-13 03:20 PM
    Folder synchronization will be soon available with PlayCloud 10.

In waiting, you can discover PlayCloud 10 here :

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...review-751557/

and

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...access-767624/

Nicolas
    03-13-13 03:41 PM
    Not sure if we are all speaking the same language here but a few things I have learned about DropBox integration in BB10. Anyone that knows different, please feel free to correct/enlighten me:

1. You cannot configure the camera to automatically save photos to your DropBox folders
    2. When you "Pin DropBox" it automatically syncs all DropBox files to your device. It will only save to the device storage though, not to the sdcard.
    3. If you do not "Pin DropBox" the BB10 File Manager will show all of your DropBox folders and allow you to browse them but then downloads files on demand, storing them on the device.
    peregrineay likes this.
    03-13-13 04:04 PM
    What do you mean by "pin"? (I haven't really played around with it much)
    03-13-13 08:12 PM
    From the main DropBox folder view in the file manager, hit the ... button. There is an option to "Pin Dropbox". From what I can tell, this then proceeds to download all of your DropBox files to your device and sync them in the same way that DropBox syncs all of your other DropBox client devices. Before, the mobile device app for DropBox would just show you the contents of a folder and then download the files individually on demand. When you "Pin" DropBox, it actually keeps a copy of everything on the phone and keeps it all synced.

Two limitations though...

1. It keeps all of your DropBox files somewhere hidden on the device. Which makes sense I suppose but it doesn't allow or have an option to put them on the sdcard. So it fills up the device memory pretty quick. I don't know what happens when you get to the max capacity of the device. Maybe it starts allocating to the sdcard automatically. Nobody has been able to answer this question yet.
    2. It only allows you to Pin the whole DropBox folder. All or nothing. You can not just pin select sub folders within DropBox. I could get over this a little easier if they would fix item 1 above and allow me to designate the sdcard as the location for the pinned files, in which case storage space would not be such an issue.

Posted via CB10
    peregrineay likes this.
    03-13-13 11:35 PM
    Ahh. I'm in opposite boat...got 50 GB with Box when I signed up my PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    yeah i have the 50GB playbook storage but i hate that i can only load 200MB or less file.
    Jerry A likes this.
    03-14-13 04:20 AM
    From the main DropBox folder view in the file manager, hit the ... button. There is an option to "Pin Dropbox". From what I can tell, this then proceeds to download all of your DropBox files to your device and sync them in the same way that DropBox syncs all of your other DropBox client devices. Before, the mobile device app for DropBox would just show you the contents of a folder and then download the files individually on demand. When you "Pin" DropBox, it actually keeps a copy of everything on the phone and keeps it all synced.

Two limitations though...

1. It keeps all of your DropBox files somewhere hidden on the device. Which makes sense I suppose but it doesn't allow or have an option to put them on the sdcard. So it fills up the device memory pretty quick. I don't know what happens when you get to the max capacity of the device. Maybe it starts allocating to the sdcard automatically. Nobody has been able to answer this question yet.
    2. It only allows you to Pin the whole DropBox folder. All or nothing. You can not just pin select sub folders within DropBox. I could get over this a little easier if they would fix item 1 above and allow me to designate the sdcard as the location for the pinned files, in which case storage space would not be such an issue.

Posted via CB10
    I did notice that if you hold down on the Dropbox folder while in the File Manager is will have an option on the side to PIN that folder. I am guessing that this is a way to keep certain folder in PINned. Also, if you do the 3 ... on the bottom right corner and select PIN Dropbox it will PIN all of them, but you can go through later and un-PIN by holding down on the folder and once again an option will show on the right, this time saying Un-PIN.
    03-16-13 11:45 PM
    Also, if you do the 3 ... on the bottom right corner and select PIN Dropbox it will PIN all of them, but you can go through later and un-PIN by holding down on the folder and once again an option will show on the right, this time saying Un-PIN.
    What version are you on? Are you sure you're using DropBox? Or are you on Box? Apparently there are significant differences between the 2. At any rate, I don't see any option to unpin select folders with DropBox on 10.0.10.85

Dropbox and sdcard Sync-img_00000341.png
    Dropbox and sdcard Sync-img_00000340.png

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by tbkfan; 03-17-13 at 01:29 AM.
    03-17-13 12:08 AM
    I had a similar issue, and believe that dropbox used up all my free space on the device. Surely there's selective 'pinning'?
    05-16-13 11:11 PM
    in your first picture where you have the refresh icon, i have "unpin". it seems you have to wait until it's synced until you can unpin?
    08-07-13 02:04 PM
    What I've found (Aug 2013) is that you can selective pin and unpin folders (seems like it's the equivalent of "favorite" on iOS and Android Dropbox apps). However Dropbox can only be stored on the internal memory. This caused a big problem for me because my Dropbox is > 10 GB and it filled my internal memory and nothing worked (Hub stopped working, apps and media couldn't open...) I managed to delete a few files and shrink my Dropbox and finally sync it back below capacity.

I guess I'll live with selective pinned folders but it would be great if I could have my dropbox on my SD card instead of taking up all my device memory!!!
    08-07-13 02:08 PM
    Once upon a time, I was able to unpin folders selectively now it only tells me to "sync now". Can't figure out how to get the function back.
    11-10-13 09:38 PM
    The option doesn't show for you via the file manager? I still have the option to pin folders using OS 10.2.0.1791.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 10:07 PM
    nope, looks like this:
    11-16-13 01:32 AM