This ones a weird one, not too sure if any of you will have either had it happen or have any idea why it has happened.

Twice this week I have sent email, where I attached a file via the DropBox option in the attachment area. The file name is correct when it's received at the other end, however the file itself is NOT the file I picked. This could become quite an issue to me depending on what file someone gets.

Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 10:11 PM
    Can't say as though I've experienced it but ya, that could be kind of a bad issue depending on what you're sending. "Sorry boss, didn't mean to send you that pic of my junk!"
    08-15-13 11:17 PM
    Sounds like something that happens to me. Send the file to yourself. Check the file. Go to your file and rename it. Resend it to yourself...Problem may be in your computer...or like myself I had a brain cramp and named the wrong one, of course I was sure I didn't...
    This ones a weird one, not too sure if any of you will have either had it happen or have any idea why it has happened.

Twice this week I have sent email, where I attached a file via the DropBox option in the attachment area. The file name is correct when it's received at the other end, however the file itself is NOT the file I picked. This could become quite an issue to me depending on what file someone gets.

Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 12:29 AM
    Edit. The file that the other person received wasn't even a file that I have saved anywhere in dropbox, it was a file I had "opened" at some point on my device it however had the correct file name.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 01:44 PM
    If you "open" a file in a window meant to select it for uploading that would explain the "glitch", no?

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 03:17 AM
    Sometimes typing stuff and having others understand is so hard :-). Let me try again.

Opened compose email and then went to attach file. Changed the source to dropbox. Then selected the file from DropBox in this case it was
    Dropbox email attachment oddity-img_00001145.png
    Dropbox email attachment oddity-img_00001144.png

The file I selected was the first PDF file you can see in the picture.

However at the receiving end, although the file name was correct, the file they actually received and opened, was one that I had at some point opened on my device, however I had never saved it, uploaded it to dropbox or changed the file name. Its like my Z10 randomly attached another file. This is not a good thing.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 04:07 PM