So yesterday morning when I unplugged my Z10, which had been running 10.2.0.1371 flawlessly since it dropped, was showing the BB10-0015 (Corrupt filesystem error). Of course my heart dropped. Link couldn't fix it, but re-running the 10.2.0.171 autoloader brought it back. The rest of the day was spent reloading and setting up software, I decided to only restore settings and start everything else over again, so I had to charge it up at least once. Today however I took it off charge at 5 AM this morning and now at 8 PM it is still at 61%. I've always been pretty happy with the battery performance of this device, especially since loading 10.2, but this is amazing. Well see if this continues.
    10-08-13 07:02 PM
    Sounds good! Keep us updated.
    10-10-13 10:14 AM
    So far battery performance is still up there 5 AM to 11 PM, still had 40% left.

I'm only installing applications when I go to use them, so that may be a factor as well. Also, because I thought the problem might have been my SDCard or my SIM I did the auto load and initial setup without a SIM card installed. Pleasantly surprised to not get all the Rogers bloat wear. A nice side effect.
    Hazza Almehairbih likes this.
    10-10-13 10:19 AM
    Hi
    I have the same problem (BB10-0015)
    blackberry link couldn't fix it

can you tell me how to fix it step by step
    10-24-13 11:05 PM
    The same thing just happened to me ! My computer won't recognise the device when plugged in, so it's not possible to restore it this way. Any idea what to do other than to contact BlackBerry ?
    11-08-13 02:59 PM
    Yes it can be fixed. I had same issue and did this.
    Remove battery
    Plug in to link and let connect
    Insert battery
    Click preferences top right corner of screen
    Click reload
    Should reload software. Good luck!

Posted via My Z30 on CB Forums
    11-11-13 07:32 PM
    Please can you let us know how to re-run the 10.2.0.171 autoloader? My laptop cannot recognize device.
    Last edited by Abubakar-Sadiq Saliu Ibiefo; 11-17-13 at 08:38 AM. Reason: no response
    11-16-13 12:30 PM
    i have blackberry z10 error bb10-0015
    11-23-13 10:23 AM
    can anyone help me regarding bberror.. bb10-0015... i was wiping my cell n it got off... now its showing thid error... plz do help me... its not connecting to bblink... pla help me
    12-06-13 12:47 PM
    is it working now?? i have same problem... jst happened
    12-06-13 12:48 PM
    Remove the battery while reloading from Blackberry link . It worked for me.
    12-26-13 06:21 AM
    Hello,

Oops! I was doing a Security Wipe last night and the dreaded BB10-0015 error has occurred.

I have tried removing the battery before plugging in to Link. Once connected, have inserted battery.

A message pops up: "Reset Your Device" "Press and Hold the Power Button on your device for 10 seconds until your device turns off"

I did that too, though surprised

A message pops up : "Checking for Device Software Updates"

Followed by :"An updated version of Device Software is available. Do you want to install the update?" followed by "10.2 Bundle 424 (Platform 10.2.0.1791)" and has an option at the bottom GET UPDATE or UPDATE LATER.

When I click the Get Update option, it says :"Connecting to your Blackberry Device" followed by
    "Updating your Blackberry Device Software can take upto an hour" and a tab INSTALL UPDATE.

On clicking 'Install Update", immediately the following error message pops out:

"An error has occured while downloading software for your device. Please verify your internet connection or try again later, if the problem persists."

What do I do now? Please help with a step-by-step guide. I am using Q10 with Software version 10.2.0.1791

Thanks!

Pankaj Jaju, Goa
    01-03-14 06:36 PM
    Ensure that the phone is connected to its own USB port, not a hub.

Via Ze Ten
    01-06-14 11:11 AM
    So yesterday morning when I unplugged my Z10, which had been running 10.2.0.1371 flawlessly since it dropped, was showing the BB10-0015 (Corrupt filesystem error). Of course my heart dropped. Link couldn't fix it, but re-running the 10.2.0.171 autoloader brought it back. The rest of the day was spent reloading and setting up software, I decided to only restore settings and start everything else over again, so I had to charge it up at least once. Today however I took it off charge at 5 AM this morning and now at 8 PM it is still at 61%. I've always been pretty happy with the battery performance of this device, especially since loading 10.2, but this is amazing. Well see if this continues.
    Wow you are really lucky it came back. I got that error on my Z10 back in October when running 1797, and it never came back. Tried like 3 autoloaders, Link was a waste of time.

Not sure if I tried that particular loader...sent it into my carrier haven't gotten it back as yet. I'm using a Z10 loaner running 1803 since then and its running great.
    01-06-14 11:28 AM
    Is it problem particular to 10.2 or Hardware as I have faced this issue thrice now and twice in a week. Please help. I am using Z10 STL100-1
    01-08-14 07:57 AM
    Without knowing how the 0015 error is detected it is difficult to answer your question. However there are some assumptions that can be made based on the error name (Corrupt file system error) and some basic knowledge of how computer operating systems work.

In almost all modern computer systems, the boot file system is checked for consistency before it is loaded. Different operating systems perform this in different ways and the type of file system will also determine how this is done. Since this is BlackBerry, I'm sure there will be a cryptographic hash used at some point, probably a SHA256. High density storage, particularly high density disk and flash storage is prone to cumulative data errors often called bit rot. The quality of the data storage degrades over time until it can no longer be corrected by the hardware or file system software. Usually, but not always, the hardware can map replacement storage for the bad area. If software or firmware detects an area going bad before it is completely unreadable the replacement can be mapped in and the last good read of data written out to the replacement area. I believe what happened in my case is that the software/firmware wasn't able to do this, the corrupt data cause a crash of the OS and the boot system detected the corrupted area and would not boot the OS. By attempting to reload the OS several times the hardware was eventually able to identify the bad section of memory and replace it with a spare.

So what can cause this. Hardware failures do happen, and if enough of the memory fails, or if a critical control component fails there may be nothing the hardware can do to work around the problem and the device has to be repaired or replaced.

Software bugs could cause writes to the file system to be done incorrectly resulting in corrupted data. In these cases a fresh install should correct the problem, but running the buggy software would cause the problem to come back. Usually if this was the case the failure would be widespread across many devices. Some of the random re-boots in the early days seem to fit this scenario, but it looks like those bugs have been corrected.

The final cause would be interrupting a critical data write process at a point where it can not be recovered. Pulling the battery out of a running phone can do this. Remember that although the shutdown looks like it is instantaneous upon removal of the power, some hardware may continue to function as the voltage slowly (relative to the speed of the CPU) decays. Writing data to flash memory takes more voltage than running the CPU or reading the memory. Writing to flash uses high voltage to force electrons across an insulated where they are trapped in a capacitor. High density flash storage uses different voltage levels to store different digital values. So data may be written incorrectly into storage, or the system may run out of power before all the data is completely written.

I know that in the BBOS days there were times when the only way to get control of the phone was to do a battery pull. It was never a good thing to do, but sometimes a necessary evil. Similar to the old MS-DOS or Windows 3.x days when it was sometimes necessary to use the reset button or turn the power off on a running PC. Most often the PC would boot up fine, but over time problems would accumulate until the only fix was to wipe and re-install. BBOS had the same issues. Most often pulling the battery resulted in a clean boot; so often that people started doing it as a matter of regular operation, pulling the battery every morning for example. There was even an application that would simulate this at a pre-determined time. The reasons for this were well known and one of the motivations behind starting over with a brand new OS. But over time BBOS installations would start to misbehave and need a wipe and clean install. This is why you should only pull the battery out of a running BB10 device as an absolute last resort. And if things have gotten that bad you should consider doing a fresh install of the operating system as soon as convenient.
    01-08-14 08:51 AM
    Since moving to 10.2 I have had two instances where the phone would not boot.

When I was on OS 10.2.15xx...one day I was on the Crackberry app and the images were not loading...FB taking long to open, so I said no biggie...and did a hard reset. Didn't get past the BB logo after that...just would not boot. That time I reloaded the same OS and it reloaded without issue.

After that experience I said that OS had issues and went to 10.2.1797 leak. Worked well for weeks. Then my carrier decided to make it official and I got a software update from them 7MB. Worked for 2 days then out of the blue I began to get the same symptoms as before the first crash. Did a hard resest (while cold sweating) and bang BB-0015 error.

Nothing I tried worked to reload. It would start then would get a blinking green led and installation would error out. Got a replacement phone.

I sincerely hope these issues have been fixed in 10.2.1.
    01-08-14 12:23 PM
    Since moving to 10.2 I have had two instances where the phone would not boot.

When I was on OS 10.2.15xx...one day I was on the Crackberry app and the images were not loading...FB taking long to open, so I said no biggie...and did a hard reset. Didn't get past the BB logo after that...just would not boot. That time I reloaded the same OS and it reloaded without issue.

After that experience I said that OS had issues and went to 10.2.1797 leak. Worked well for weeks. Then my carrier decided to make it official and I got a software update from them 7MB. Worked for 2 days then out of the blue I began to get the same symptoms as before the first crash. Did a hard resest (while cold sweating) and bang BB-0015 error.

Nothing I tried worked to reload. It would start then would get a blinking green led and installation would error out. Got a replacement phone.

I sincerely hope these issues have been fixed in 10.2.1.
    Honestly that sounds like hardware to me.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 03:58 PM
    Honestly that sounds like hardware to me.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah probably right. It usually bumbed out after 2.5 to 3 months.

I've been running 1803 for about 2 months now on this replacement. Keeping my fingers crossed until 10.2.1 goes official.
    01-08-14 04:27 PM
    Hi Read your reply - but on a blackberry Q5 can the battery be removed and if so, how?
    Many thanks as I'm getting frantic
    02-01-14 04:34 PM
    i guess there is no way to fix error 0015 i ve been trying for 5 days to reload the software with no progress i reach 97 percent of the reloading and i get the message connection error , how it could be a software (10.2 ) released from blackberry with such a big issue .. if anyone can find a way to fix the problem plz let us know
    MARIAMARIA777 likes this.
    02-02-14 04:26 PM
    I am having the BB10-0015 error issue, my Z10 was my son's we traded phones so i was doing a reset for myself and now I have this code. I have tried to remove the battery but it's not showing up on my pc. What do I do this phone is no longer a warrenty on this phone someone please help me I need to have the phone for work.
    03-17-14 04:57 PM
    I am having the BB10-0015 error issue, my Z10 was my son's we traded phones so i was doing a reset for myself and now I have this code. I have tried to remove the battery but it's not showing up on my pc. What do I do this phone is no longer a warrenty on this phone someone please help me I need to have the phone for work.

Download an autoloader for your phone model. Connect your phone to a PC, double click on the loader and let it do its thing.

There are many post here of how to load a OS using and autoloader.
    akowundu and MARIAMARIA777 like this.
    03-21-14 02:06 PM
    hi admin,
    please can you give me solution to this www.error.com/bb10-0015 problem?
    have been trying everything to get the problem solve and will appreciate it if you can give me the solution.
    thanks...
    04-07-14 07:14 AM
    A Google search should give you the following -> http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...or-fix-858528/

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2947
    04-07-14 07:27 AM
63 123