hey guys,

So i have a q10 and I wanted to download OS 10.2 onto my phone. However, I accidentally downloaded the Z10 OS onto my Q10 and now it's showing a yellow exclamation on the screen.

I now downloaded the Q10 OS but the computer cannot connect to the device. It detects it for a second, and then disconnects (I'm guessing because there is an error?). How do I get it connected to device manager so I can upload the q10 leak?

please help!!
    08-31-13 03:13 PM
    I now downloaded the Q10 OS but the computer cannot connect to the device.

please help!!
    What OS? Did you download the leaked OS autoloader or are you trying to use Link for the OS? Because you don't need to use Link. Just run the Q10 autoloader leak and it should be fine.
    kellyweng88 likes this.
    08-31-13 03:26 PM
    If it's not detecting it, take out the battery from your Q10, run the autoloader for the q10, then connect the q10 to the pc. The autoloader should detect the phone and install the os. Then you can put the battery back in once it starts installing the is and you'll be good to go.

Posted via CB10
    kellyweng88 likes this.
    08-31-13 03:31 PM
    yup I downloaded the leaked OS 10.2 autoloader. I uploaded the Z10 leak onto the Q10 which resulted in the error

I've since downloaded the Q10 leak, i run the autoloader, then i plug in the phone. But nothing happens because the computer is not longer detecting the phone through USB!
    08-31-13 03:50 PM
    If it's not detecting it, take out the battery from your Q10, run the autoloader for the q10, then connect the q10 to the pc. The autoloader should detect the phone and install the os. Then you can put the battery back in once it starts installing the is and you'll be good to go.

Posted via CB10
    just tried this and it worked! awesome!! thanks so much for the help!
    caltrmptguy86 likes this.
    08-31-13 03:51 PM
    ok so basically, I decided to download the leak because my q10 touch screen isnt working...even though there are no visual defects. It just stopped working out of nowhere.

I thought this was an software issue so I just decided to load a new OS, but it still doesn't work. None of the swipe gestures work, I'm stuck on the initial instructions screen....sigh
    08-31-13 04:18 PM
    ok so basically, I decided to download the leak because my q10 touch screen isnt working...even though there are no visual defects. It just stopped working out of nowhere.

I thought this was an software issue so I just decided to load a new OS, but it still doesn't work. None of the swipe gestures work, I'm stuck on the initial instructions screen....sigh
    Since you can now connect it to link. Connect your computer to the Internet. Backup your phone with link. Disconnect your phone and then click the reload software. It will check for updates and downgrade it to the latest official release

Hope this helps

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 04:23 PM
    unfortunately i think a new OS won't help my situation. I'm trying to fix the touchscreen on my q10 which is not responsive at all!
    08-31-13 05:44 PM
    Glad it worked!

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 05:47 PM
    This thread is a little confusing.

I'd say go to your carrier. If there is no visible damage and water indicators aren't activated, then it should be obvious to them that it's a hardware failure. Just backup your phone before you go so you can restore onto the new phone.
    08-31-13 09:24 PM