I find so many threads of people asking are saying what they need in 10.3.3 or 10.3.x or in the future update.. I'm just asking will BlackBerry really see those post or those post is just for their satisfaction..??

Posted via CB10
    06-08-16 01:52 PM
    And also I find some people who are replaying to most of the threads.. some common people.. are they developers..? Or any other who is managing crackberry or interlinked with BlackBerry company...??

Posted via CB10
    06-08-16 01:56 PM
    I'm sure people employed by BlackBerry read these forums (and I pity their souls for that). But rarely if ever will they reply. That kind of thing can cost you your job.

Passport SE, "The BlockBerry" - Cricket Wireless
    06-08-16 02:26 PM
    I find so many threads of people asking are saying what they need in 10.3.3 or 10.3.x or in the future update.. I'm just asking will BlackBerry really see those post or those post is just for their satisfaction..??

Posted via CB10
    It doesn't matter whether they see them or not anymore. New features will not be coming. The SDK has not been updated, and 10.3.3.746 on my device has no visible changes.
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-08-16 02:40 PM
    Folks posting wish-lists on CB isn't anything remotely like an official communication channel to BB - it's just opinion. It's also largely a waste of time, as BB has made it quite clear that, aside from 2 minor security patches, that development for BB10 is over. Really, it ended a year ago, and these patches are the minimal support BB is obligated to for some of their bigger customers. Once the clock runs out on those contractual obligations, BB10 is going to be officially EOL, even if there is no formal announcement (note: there was no formal announcement of BBOS's EOL, even though there's been zero development on it since 2013).
    Ronindan and JeepBB like this.
    06-08-16 05:07 PM
    Folks posting wish-lists on CB isn't anything remotely like an official communication channel to BB - it's just opinion. It's also largely a waste of time, as BB has made it quite clear that, aside from 2 minor security patches, that development for BB10 is over. Really, it ended a year ago, and these patches are the minimal support BB is obligated to for some of their bigger customers. Once the clock runs out on those contractual obligations, BB10 is going to be officially EOL, even if there is no formal announcement (note: there was no formal announcement of BBOS's EOL, even though there's been zero development on it since 2013).
    And do you know when does the clock run out?

Posted via CB10
    06-09-16 04:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    When your device no longer does what you need or want it to do, that is the 'Official' EOL for you.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    elfabio80 and moyah8 like this.
    06-09-16 05:10 AM
    When your device no longer does what you need or want it to do, that is the 'Official' EOL for you.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    True. For some it was when the FB app support went, and for others it will be EOL when Whatsapp support sets. (following their announced of a "sunset").

Posted via CB10 on my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    06-09-16 12:54 PM
    I'd like to think that BB10 is in a transition period...

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    06-09-16 03:56 PM
    No, but a reasonable timeframe would be 2 years from the release of the device. The last new device was the Leap in April of 2015 (and, no, the PPSE doesn't count as a new device - it's the same PP in a different case). The promised security updates (10.3.3 in March - then pushed to June - and 10.3.4 around the end of the year) cover that estimation pretty well. But if you're looking for a specific date, then, no, I don't have that - I'm not sure that anyone does.

As I said before, BB never "officially" EOL'd BBOS, but there hasn't been any development work on it since 2013, and other than a small run 9900s to fulfill corporate replacements, there hasn't been a new BBOS device since 2013. My most reasonable definitions, BBOS is dead, though some might argue that as long as the servers are still running, it's "alive" - though that is a pretty tortured definition to me. "Alive" to me means "actively being developed."
    06-09-16 11:21 PM