Have an AT&T passport. Been using it for a couple months. Had to get a replacement because a couple keys on the keyboard went mushy. When it arrived yesterday, it was running 10.3.1.17??. I ran an autoloader of .2639, then did a security wipe. Began setting up accounts and setting from scratch, no restore. I noticed after setting up my outlook.com account that when the contacts sync, many of the email addresses in the contacts were brought in with incorrect settings, such as work instead of personal. This is correct on the outlook.com site, but imports into bb10 incorrectly for some reason.

So, I have an outlook.com account and an exchange account set up. All seems fine except for the incorrect email addresses. So, I begin going through 200 contacts and fixing the work to personal and so forth. About a third of the way through, I hit save and back out to go to another contact and in the contact list I see contacts begin to double. This is a brand new install and security wipe with no restore and only those two accounts set to show in the app settings. I have a windows phone and iPhone and do not see this issue on either of them. This is causing me to loose all faith that BB will ever get this contact app together and I have little faith in the app. This has happened to me on other builds. This should be a basic function of a phone that works without issue. There is an issue with their implimentation of active sync somewhere.

I really hate to rant because I like BB and keep coming back, but this issue and a few others are really making this tough. This has been a problem for a long time now. Yes, I understand many do not see it, but it's there and happened to me on more than one BB phone. And yes, my contacts are in perfect order as I am anal about them. They work fine on other phones, not BB. How can this be fixed so I do not see this anymore other than waiting for BB to fix it, yet they haven't in many releases? It seems to happen when I am editing contacts. Help. This issue will drive me away for good. It's very irritating.
    09-03-15 06:32 AM
    This is one of the well known bugs of the Contacts app. The problem is the mix of locations where the data are stored, some data get on the SIM card, other data of the same contact get in the device memory. After a while this gets into disorder, they make duplications. Another related case is the message "cannot save this contact" while editing. You can then do what you want, the Contacts app can't save. Try to produce clean and correct contacts at first. You can then use a backup app to save these contacts into a file. Then remove all existing contacts and recreate them from the file NOT using the Contacts app. I never had a duplication problem later with contacts created this way.
    09-03-15 07:07 AM
    I solved with merging the doubles together

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 07:45 AM
    Thanks for the help. My contacts are as clean as they can get. That's one thing I do make sure of. And like I said, there is no issue with them on a windows phone or an iPhone. Just on a BB.

I do appreciate the help, but darn if I want to jump through hoops to sort out something that should just work correctly. This is after all a phone and it's number one function is to call people and receive calls and contacts are the foundation of that. And merging them is not an option, it's a band aide and I don't even want to entertain that, but thanks anyway.

As much as I like BB and enjoy their phones, this is one of the reasons they have .3% market share. even die hards like me use their product and end up moving on because the basics just don't work. To me, this is a show stopper issue. And has been for way longer than it should have been!
    09-03-15 11:33 AM
    I understand your frustration very good, looking back my phone history, it seems only the non syncing ones were clear and easy on this basic 'contacts'. Palm was horrible and you could even buy apps to solve the problem partially, only webOS had it straight after all including syncs, but my later android was much worse, it had a contact for every one I had sent an eMail to automatically created by google and even the Note 3 had an option to only show up contacts with numbers, it wouldn't work, not even on newest android 5...really!! So after I moved to BlackBerry since short I was a bit surprised to have double and for a few even triple contacts - but/and deleting on was dangerous, it would delete both or all three!!! So I found this work around and after 30 min all was fine also it seems it stays solved... this is an almost world on an almost planet, with almost people and almost devices... saying there are not absolutes... helps me at times and looking at it this ways

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 08:20 PM
    This is why I only use Google contacts; I only sync contacts with Google and no other on device (no local, no SIM, only Google). 6K contacts and not a single double entry or single error, every in the 2+ years using BB10.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 08:37 PM
    This is why I only use Google contacts; I only sync contacts with Google and no other on device (no local, no SIM, only Google). 6K contacts and not a single double entry or single error, every in the 2+ years using BB10.

Posted via CB10
    I do the same since about 4 years but had a google contact for each and everyone that I had received and sent eMails to and couln't get them out of my android but on BlackBerry they're gonne - so this is better... I find

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 08:48 PM
    The Contacts app sucks so very big time, each time I create a contact I need to manually link it to the three other duplicates of the same contact which were created alongside, with only part of the information.
    This is one of the biggest flaws of the OS at this point and it's got to be changed.

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    09-04-15 07:20 PM