Even though I don't own a Passport or Classic, I still check in on the various threads about the double typing problem.

I'm just watching and waiting to assess how widespread it becomes before deciding to buy either device. My Q10 suffered from the problem so I understand how vexing it is. I'm now using the Q5 and Z30 combination with no performance complaints. And maybe that's where I'll stay.

There's lots of debate on the threads about the cause of the problem. Software vs Hardware. And daily, BlackBerry customers come onto the CrackBerry forums seeking help. But nowhere is there any official acknowledgement ever from BlackBerry. And that's really disappointing.

With all of the affected users of Q10, Passport and Classic devices, there must be some way the BlackBerry user community can get together and bring some unified pressure on the company to at least acknowledge the problem. We should not have to replace keyboards and return defective units indefinitely.

I understand it's a numbers game and it's inevitable that a certain percentage of units will come off the assembly line with this annoying problem. Okay I get that.

It still pisses me off that the company remains silent on the cause and efforts to fix.

BlackBerry should do better.

I don't have the answer, but I can sense there's the potential to force the issue somehow. The customer base needs to rally to focus the company's attention.

We deserve better.

How can a little pressure be applied?

Rant over.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 02:15 PM
    Its a complex issue. I have some double-typing problems on my Q10, my Passport however works perfect. At this point though, I don't think there is anything they can do about it. And I think, given that its likely hardware related, it will be a problem on all the phone models for a long time.
    06-02-15 08:22 PM