What the title says. I am pretty much at the point of giving up on it ever being resolved, but my boss just migrated to a Q10 from her bold and is constantly complaining about them (and with reason it's gets kind of annoying when you have 2k legit contacts to have another 1000 ghost).
    12-12-14 02:32 AM
    Use one of the Contact Apps from BlackBerry World and merge them.

Crackberry Genius on Verizon 10.3.1.1154
    12-12-14 07:18 AM
    I've had it happen a couple times on various 10.3.1 leaks, but seems to be ok since I've loaded the latest leak 10.3.1.1154 a few weeks ago.
    12-12-14 07:37 AM
    Only use one source for syncing and or backup. I have had zero problems after doing that. Some need to be linked, for me anyway and I also turn off all views except the one I sync with.
    12-12-14 07:44 AM
    Only use one source for syncing and or backup. I have had zero problems after doing that. Some need to be linked, for me anyway and I also turn off all views except the one I sync with.
    That's not a bug, that's just poor contact management. The bug is that even with just one account of any type added, somehow the device will decide to make an exact duplicate of every contact.
    12-12-14 02:18 PM
    That's not a bug, that's just poor contact management. The bug is that even with just one account of any type added, somehow the device will decide to make an exact duplicate of every contact.
    I haven't had the issue since I figured out how to correctly manage contacts.

Here is what I did:

1: MAKE SURE THAT ALL YOUR CONTACTS ARE STORED IN WHATEVER ACCOUNT YOU USE. I use Gmail. There's a chance some contacts you have added on your phone are stored as local contacts.

2: Clear local contacts :

Is the double contacts issue solved in 10.3?-clear-local-contacts.png

3: When you add new contacts always uncheck save to local contacts first before you save.

Is the double contacts issue solved in 10.3?-new-contact.png
    Is the double contacts issue solved in 10.3?-save-.png

This has fixed the problem for me.

You might also have copies on your sim card too, you have to delete those or hide them.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 320484
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-13-14 07:52 AM
    i have solved this issue when I migrated my contacts sync from Gmail to Outlook (hotmail), which now it's absolutely superior to Gmail, for my experience.

Middux
    12-13-14 07:59 AM
    i have solved this issue when I migrated my contacts sync from Gmail to Outlook (hotmail), which now it's absolutely superior to Gmail, for my experience.

Middux
    I completely agree, outlook.com is the best to sink contacts and calendar. Since I saved all the contacts there and get rid of the local contacts and sim card ones and use just the outlook to sink everything, works perfect doesn't matter what OS I was using and I tried all the leaks.

Visit my BBM Channel - C000E96F6
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-13-14 08:07 AM
    I haven't had the issue since I figured out how to correctly manage contacts.

Here is what I did:

1: MAKE SURE THAT ALL YOUR CONTACTS ARE STORED IN WHATEVER ACCOUNT YOU USE. I use Gmail. There's a chance some contacts you have added on your phone are stored as local contacts.

2: Clear local contacts :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clear local contacts.png 
Views:	547 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	320480

3: When you add new contacts always uncheck save to local contacts first before you save.

Name:	New contact.png 
Views:	546 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	320481

Name:	Save to.png 
Views:	546 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	320482

This has fixed the problem for me.

You might also have copies on your sim card too, you have to delete those or hide them.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 320484
    Thanks for that - never even saw that feature in the options. If I ever have the issue come up again I'll give that a shot. But, what happened to me seemed different. I only have my outlook.com contacts synced to my phone and one day I went through and selected about 10 to delete and after I deleted them, every other contact on my phone suddenly had duplicate entries. That seems like a bug. Maybe they all got duplicated to my local contacts, but having to go in and clear them after they get duplicated locally is still a bug. With that said, I'm on the latest leak, so I don't complain about the bugs.
    12-13-14 12:26 PM
    Thanks for that - never even saw that feature in the options. If I ever have the issue come up again I'll give that a shot. But, what happened to me seemed different. I only have my outlook.com contacts synced to my phone and one day I went through and selected about 10 to delete and after I deleted them, every other contact on my phone suddenly had duplicate entries. That seems like a bug. Maybe they all got duplicated to my local contacts, but having to go in and clear them after they get duplicated locally is still a bug. With that said, I'm on the latest leak, so I don't complain about the bugs.
    Hi kjjb0204,

Check out this other post, maybe it will help you.

I had the same issue you described and it is similar to what Boody78 posted. (Boody78 post is great with the screen shots and steps ).

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=881146

It sounds like your issue and slightly more than what Boody78 posted.

Hope this helps
    12-13-14 01:53 PM
    Yeah this seems completely different than the issue I was having, nothing like this has ever happened to me.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 10:03 AM
    Seems that it's been fine since my last OS leak load and i'm deleting old contacts one at a time. Double issue hasn't come up again.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-14-14 02:47 PM