Ino i will be the only one who will say this but i dont like the bb10 on playbook idea
    Reminds me off apple with ipod/phone software on its ipad.
    I like the uniqueness of the playbook to my 9800. I wouldn't want my tablet to have the same software as my phone just my imput im not trolling so please dont hate my opinion.
    05-04-12 02:46 PM
    if you would keep they playbook UI different then you would need a seperate team to manage and update it.
    05-04-12 03:11 PM
    I am with the OP. I want to have two separate devices. I like having my phone as a phone, and my tablet as a tablet.

Who knows what BB10 will offer, chances are its going to change Blackberry drastically, for good or bad who knows. It will probably be good for the new comers and consumers, but not as good for the people that love their phones as a phone.

Only time will tell......

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using the CB App!
    JayR2010 likes this.
    05-04-12 03:23 PM
    well, some are still using XP on their PC ... but BB apps compatibility won't last forever.
    05-04-12 03:37 PM
    if you would keep they playbook UI different then you would need a seperate team to manage and update it.
    Called dedication to a product line.
    But i do believe bb10 will work out greater but for phones.
    Whereas i like my pb on the software it has
    05-04-12 03:51 PM
    I'm thinking a bit different, I do want BB10 on my PlayBook but then I wonder if I would still want it on a phone if I already have it on my PlayBook.
    05-04-12 04:09 PM
    I actually like the software on both being the same, it makes for a more unified experience between the two devices. If you want some different tablet os get an ipad or android tablet
    05-04-12 04:33 PM
    Called dedication to a product line.
    But i do believe bb10 will work out greater but for phones.
    Whereas i like my pb on the software it has
    I'm not sure if you're quite clear on the concept. BB10 is the Playbook OS.

Sure, I get the notion that you want your tablet to be your tablet, and your phone to be your phone, but the intention from the beginning was to move the phones to a new platform. That was probably decided before they decided to even MAKE a tablet.

If it makes you feel any better, BB7 will likely remain available for another year or so after BB10 launches. A few developers will even continue to support it.
    Morten and app_Developer like this.
    05-04-12 04:59 PM
    Ino i will be the only one who will say this but i dont like the bb10 on playbook idea
    Reminds me off apple with ipod/phone software on its ipad.
    BB10 == PlayBook OS2 on stereoids.
    05-04-12 05:27 PM
    I'd like the same OS on both for seamless syncing . I like that about Apple!
    Last edited by chrisy520; 05-04-12 at 06:25 PM.
    05-04-12 05:43 PM
    this is not worth a thread..if you dont want BB10 on your playbook, dont update the software..

it makes zero sense for RIM to have two independent o.s.'s and even less sense or motivation for developers..
    05-04-12 06:20 PM
    this is not worth a thread..if you dont want BB10 on your playbook, dont update the software..

it makes zero sense for RIM to have two independent o.s.'s and even less sense or motivation for developers..
    And you ain't worth a wank.
    It was a OPINION you know a bit of something called free-speech
    It was a opinion and a question on others opinions
    05-04-12 06:50 PM
    Question for the OP - Why?

Why do you want two different experiences? How is being 'unique' better?
    Premium1 likes this.
    05-04-12 06:58 PM
    I'm not sure it matters to me. I rarely use my phone for anything but calls and text since I got my PB.
    05-04-12 07:09 PM
    Question for the OP - Why?

Why do you want two different experiences? How is being 'unique' better?
    Because its twi diffoent devices, and i didnt say unique is better i said i like it,personal prefrance
    05-04-12 08:19 PM
    I have to say, I DO use my BlackBerry phone in different ways than I use my PlayBook. So I can see the validity in having slightly different UIs or OSs.

My BlackBerry phone is purely for communication and organization (and GPS). My PlayBook is for entertainment, information finding and games.

They compliment each other and I'm ok that my phone and tab have different OSs right now.
    05-04-12 08:22 PM
    I think it would be nice, not in the fact that it will be better to have the exact same thing on both devices, but because it will make the playbook os better, so why not? but thats just my feelings
    05-05-12 12:30 AM
    I welcome any change away from the stupid use of little white dots to organize pages on the homescreen. They'll really lose me at widgets too.
    05-05-12 02:05 AM
    I'm thinking a bit different, I do want BB10 on my PlayBook but then I wonder if I would still want it on a phone if I already have it on my PlayBook.
    Well ... I guess I could think the same ... then I imagine interactions between PB and Phones ... I think "NFC" (to come on PB) and have a vision of my Phone being displayed on my PB (just as if it was my phone screen, but bigger) when in range ... wa.ow.
    05-05-12 02:14 AM
    To the OP, it already takes RIM forever and a day to give us a product that consumers have been asking for, but u want them to support two different experiences? Lol that would be asking the world of RIM ha

Just wait until BB10 is released before u start saying u don't want want it on your tablet. No one is going to purchase RIM products when their experience on these products varies that much. I love the UI on the PlayBook as well, but I can guarantee that when BB10 is actually released its going to be much better. PlayBook OS2 will seem plain compared to what BB10 will look like
    05-05-12 11:47 AM
    Does OP understand that a phone is a phone and a tablet is a tablet? Therefore, even if they both run the same OS, what runs on the tablet will have to be tweaked for the phone size and experience and vice versa?

05-05-12 04:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD