08-11-16 12:15 PM
39 12
tools
    I'm not sure why it didn't change for BB10. But with both this and BBM video not working to other devices it makes me wonder. Is it some limitation? Is it BlackBerry just not wanting to focus resources on BB10? It doesn't add up.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Where exactly have you been for the past 18 months?
    08-09-16 05:51 AM
    Has it been that long since the BlackBerry 10 ship hit a rock?

Posted via CB10 on my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    08-09-16 07:00 AM
    I really miss the point. Who is denying the fact that whatsapp is going to be gone?

Posted via CB10
    08-09-16 07:19 AM
    On the Priv for most of the time haha.

08-09-16 07:25 AM
    I really miss the point. Who is denying the fact that whatsapp is going to be gone?

Posted via CB10
    Nobody is.... well, not in this thread!

08-09-16 08:31 AM
    So, I heard of the "support ending" message that was given to users of Whatsapp on BB10... so I delayed my update and was like, "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" approach to the update and continued to use the old version...

Well, today I was presented with the following:

Attachment 405658

So, I updated.. and straight after updating and relaunching I was given that message:

Attachment 405659

Hmm.. well, I have my Android on standby.

There are always goods and bads about just any IM apps.
    I use BBM most and I trust BBM most, and therefore I have to live with some certain features that it lacks.
    Whatsapp is my second option, for I can still see if the other party has received or read the message. And then again, it lacks some certain things I need. But the voice chat quality is the second best, only to BBM voice.
    In my country, namely Tawian, people use Line, which I hate, a lot. It does do some good stuff, but it is being monitored by a certain government, and I don't like it. Due to the numbers of my friends who are using it, and to its popularity, I have to use it maybe four or five times a day.

It would be too simple for me to say I don't care about whatsapp going away from BlackBerry 10. I do care about this. But again, one way or another, I will sort it out.

My personal priority is : OS, device, and then apps.
    So, feeling bad to see it having to go, I don't care.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-16 08:38 AM
    I really like WhatsApp. I installed it last year when visiting Italy, as it seems everyone there uses it. BBM, OTOH, only my wife used, and that's because she wanted to communicate with me. So I quickly realized I had many friends on WhatsApp, and just one on BBM. End-end encryption on WhatsApp by default (and is excellent), is another perk.
    A few weeks ago I bought a Nexus 5X with Google's Project FI service, and I haven't looked back. My wife's first question was "does that mean I don't have to use BBM anymore?" She's on an iPhone. Yesterday she told me she really likes WhatsApp. She never cares/talks about phone apps, which made the comment interesting.
    So, a deprecated Blend, WhatsApp ending this year, no more extortionate Verizon payments, well, what's not to like about the Nexus?
    08-09-16 08:45 AM
    BBM is out of the equation, it doesn't even matter if is good or no since nobody uses it... An IM without a huge user base is completely USELESS!
    08-10-16 07:18 PM
    Well, plan scrapped in relation to a backup Android.

I've tried it and once again, I must say it did not meet MY expectations / requirements.

Took back to store for a refund.. when asked why, I said because it does not meet what I want from a mobile device. I want a rock solid all in one device without the need for add / ons apps that just data mine me. In a nutshell, my needs on a phone are very simple... text, calls, calendar and email.

No Twitter
    No Facebook
    No Instagram
    No (insert trending app here)....

As expected, he asked what device I was using and when told it's a BlackBerry and showed my beloved Classic, his reply was "you know BlackBerry is going under!" to which I replied, "Yes, it maybe, but the infrastructure still works ok". He then asked, "well what will you do when that one breaks, as they nolonger will be making devices?".

My reply, "I'll just buy another off eBay".

08-11-16 08:50 AM
    I really like WhatsApp. I installed it last year when visiting Italy, as it seems everyone there uses it. BBM, OTOH, only my wife used, and that's because she wanted to communicate with me. So I quickly realized I had many friends on WhatsApp, and just one on BBM. End-end encryption on WhatsApp by default (and is excellent), is another perk.
    A few weeks ago I bought a Nexus 5X with Google's Project FI service, and I haven't looked back. My wife's first question was "does that mean I don't have to use BBM anymore?" She's on an iPhone. Yesterday she told me she really likes WhatsApp. She never cares/talks about phone apps, which made the comment interesting.
    So, a deprecated Blend, WhatsApp ending this year, no more extortionate Verizon payments, well, what's not to like about the Nexus?
    I really can't like WhatsApp even when I'm using Android now. The reason is this:

1. I can't see pictures sent to me unless I have to download it & if I downloaded 1 anyone else sending the same picture to me will give me duplicates thus filling up my phone memory.

2. If I were to send a picture to 3 different person or 3 different group chats I have 4 copies of the same pictures in my phone. The first is the original then one in each person's folder under WhatsApp.

3. A lot of times I have several messages coming in at the same time and sometimes I will reply to the wrong chat window and I can't retract the message.

4. I get very confused when my work group or my friends try to confirm who is going to show up for a meeting or event. They keep repeating the list all the time and adding someone who last confirm. This also makes a mess of the whole chat thus confusing me.

5. They don't have stickers and the emoticons are just too limited.

6. There is no group calendars in WhatsApp for reminders. This is manageable but sometimes I still miss out on events.

So I really can't see what's so good about WhatsApp.

08-11-16 10:13 AM
    BBM is out of the equation, it doesn't even matter if is good or no since nobody uses it... An IM without a huge user base is completely USELESS!
    Unfortunately most people here like to keep it that way so they like to make it difficult for people to connect to each other on BBM.

08-11-16 10:16 AM

My reply, "I'll just buy another off eBay".

Hmmm... You sound just like Kim Kardashian!

*ME173X
    moyah8 likes this.
    08-11-16 11:17 AM
    For me, Facebook and WhatsApp being unavailable on BB10 is not any kind of liability. Both are notorious bad actors interns of privacy and have no place in my ecosystem

Posted via CB10
    08-11-16 11:36 AM
    Hmmm... You sound just like Kim Kardashian!

*ME173X
    Not the comparison I'd have expected. LOL

Don't denying it... whatsapp will go!-mockit_11082016181427.jpg

johnny_bravo72 likes this.
    08-11-16 12:15 PM
39 12