I did a full backup and then I restored the phone back to factory reset and updated the phone to the newest update just like I had it before I did the backup. Then I proceeded to reload the phone with the backup.
    All my BBM messages are gone now. I had to put on the password for all my email and social media accounts. Why doesn't the phone go right back to the way it was when I did the backup?

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 05:47 PM
    BBM messages are not backed up. Why, I'm not sure.

As for email accounts.. they are completely restored, you just have to enter your passwords.. that's normal behavior for anything secure.
    Nharzhool likes this.
    02-14-14 05:51 PM
    Also...Android apps that aren't from BB World won't restore.

Though I'm currently testing a method on restoring the data now...will let you know tomorrow.

In BBM, you have to enable the Save Chat option...then it is saved on their encrypted servers. It will retrieve the saved conversations from the servers when you first open BBM after a wipe.
    02-14-14 05:54 PM
    Thanks for letting me know. I had turned on the same my chats a long time ago with BBM. When I get a new update does it return to its original setting of off? Also I'm in Canada and when you turn on the save chats it says that this may not be allowed in your country and that you should check with your country's legislation to make sure it is allowed. Not that my chats were not saved does that mean that its not allowed in Canada? I would have just assumed it would be ok in Canada.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 06:00 PM
    BBM messages are not backed up by default you needed to enable that first, yet be careful NOT to clear the history from BBM settings... you do that before the backup their permanently gone.

Also, the security nature of your BlackBerry Backup will NOT restore passwords for accounts. Think of it this way, if it did there is nothing to protect a non password protected backup from being loaded onto another device and seeing your emails.

BlackBerry Q10 ? & Full Metal CB10!
    02-14-14 07:08 PM
    Also...Android apps that aren't from BB World won't restore.

Though I'm currently testing a method on restoring the data now...will let you know tomorrow.

In BBM, you have to enable the Save Chat option...then it is saved on their encrypted servers. It will retrieve the saved conversations from the servers when you first open BBM after a wipe.
    Yeah...what I wanted to try with the Android apps didn't work.

Oh well. :-P

Mmm...CB10! Just the tip though...
    02-15-14 02:51 PM
    With the e-mail accounts, the error message that it shows is pretty weird. It says something on the lines of "invalid account"; instead of saying "need password"!!

Was wondering the same as well with the side loaded apps... Just updated the z10 from .1925 to .2141 and none of the side loaded apps get restored..

The BBM version on OS7 has an option to backup messages on device or media card or never; which isn't available on OS10
    02-15-14 09:09 PM