As the title asks...does the phone have an app for messaging and email or are these functions all done through the hub?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    02-04-13 03:20 PM
    It's all done through the Hub. Accounts are configured in the "Accounts" tab in Settings.
    pandapurple and Admorris like this.
    02-04-13 03:20 PM
    Kind of strange that they would make you sift through tweets and Facebook posts to see your emails.

Can you at least separate tweets/facebook/LinkedIn posts, or are they all lumped in together?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    02-04-13 03:27 PM
    you can separate them. You can also tell the Hub NOT to include them at all.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    02-04-13 03:35 PM
    But why is there is a 'Text Messages' App and not an Email App?

Does the Z10 have an actual email or messaging app?...-z10-angle.jpg
    02-04-13 03:42 PM
    Because HUB handles all yous social and emails even text messages. If you want to go through specific emails just select the email account you want to see emails from in HUB.
    02-04-13 03:47 PM
    The fb, Twitter and linkedin accounts only show direct messages in the not tweets posts etc
    02-04-13 03:48 PM
    Because HUB handles all yous social and emails even text messages. If you want to go through specific emails just select the email account you want to see emails from in HUB.
    So why have a 'Text Messages' App in that case? Since the HUB handles all text messages.
    02-04-13 03:52 PM
    So why have a 'Text Messages' App in that case? Since the HUB handles all text messages.
    The Text Messages app actually just takes you to the Hub.
    peter9477 likes this.
    02-04-13 03:56 PM
    Maybe because text messages aren't internet-driven and thus are kind of oldskool. It doesn't make sense, but perhaps for BlackBerry it did at that moment. Seems like only e-mail is mandatory in the HUB.
    02-04-13 03:59 PM
    Will it be easy to set up an Exchange email account on the new BB10? I also use Hotmail and Yahoo as well. Will these be easy? I'm sorry if this has been discussed. I'm looking to convert to the BB10, but I'm looking for something that will make my transition easy.
    02-04-13 05:00 PM
    But why is there is a 'Text Messages' App and not an Email App?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	z10-angle.jpg 
Views:	1481 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	133954
    my personal thought is that it's there to appeal to the mass market - sort of a 'compromise' so that they can get to their texts quickly (texting is still insanely popular contrary to popular geek belief :-)). It works well in practice too.
    02-04-13 05:15 PM
    Yes, you can separate the different types of messages.
    02-04-13 05:17 PM
    my personal thought is that it's there to appeal to the mass market - sort of a 'compromise' so that they can get to their texts quickly (texting is still insanely popular contrary to popular geek belief :-)). It works well in practice too.
    Carriers wanted it because they make money off of text messages and wanted to ensure people still knew they could use text messaging. Yes, sad world we live in.
    agp101 likes this.
    02-04-13 05:24 PM
    Yes, you can separate the different types of messages.
    Are you saying we have quick access to a filter in the hub?

If I'm in the hub and it has e-mails, BBM messages, Twitter messages, etc all listed (which I would want be default) is there a way to quick filter to, for example, only e-mail so I don't see the other stuff? If so, how is it done?
    02-04-13 05:47 PM
    There's an icon for it ,it loads up and you can text message as normal .But your actually in the hub.

Its actually genius if you need to send a message across all your messaging apps all you need to do is copy and then paste it to all messaging apps no need to open each app seperately just a tap option wihin the hub and you spread paste among all messaging apps and send its just great.
    02-04-13 06:18 PM

If I'm in the hub and it has e-mails, BBM messages, Twitter messages, etc all listed (which I would want be default) is there a way to quick filter to, for example, only e-mail so I don't see the other stuff? If so, how is it done?
    If you drag from the left, you can get a list of all accounts in the HUB (for me, 4 email accounts, LinkedIn, BBM, etc). There is no way to get a view of all email accounts, but you can filter to a single email account. That being said, from the hub you can search for all unread messages as well, so in day-to-day use, I don't see it as a limitation.
    03-04-13 01:01 PM
    This is so poorly thought out.

Removing text messages from the HUB doesn't really do anything. Let's say I'm reading a text message. I then go back to the home screen. Now I get an email and want to read it. I flick left, I get the text message I was just reading. I flick left again, I get my text message main list. I have to flick a 3rd time and then select my email account to see emails.

Awful, awful design.
    03-13-13 04:15 PM
    03-13-13 04:39 PM

Are you saying you have a Z10 and you haven't figured this out yet? Lol
    pandapurple likes this.
    03-14-13 04:02 AM

Removing text messages from the HUB doesn't really do anything. Let's say I'm reading a text message. I then go back to the home screen. Now I get an email and want to read it. I flick left, I get the text message I was just reading. I flick left again, I get my text message main list. I have to flick a 3rd time and then select my email account to see emails.

Awful, awful design.
    wtf??? seems to me you have not seen a Z10 yet
    pandapurple likes this.
    03-14-13 04:16 AM
    It isn't poorly thought out. It's good organisation at work there. Having just owned the Z10 for a week, I love it to bits.

You're contradicting yourself. If you actually own a Z10, you would know that once you set text messages not to show up in Hub, there is nothing to swipe to the left to see.

You use the plain vanilla way of checking your text messages by tapping on the Text Message icon.

I 'walked' through your description and it's not how it really is.

As a matter of fact, if you access your text message from the app itself, you only to tap the bottom left to reveal the Hub, and you will be able to have an overview of which email account has unread emails, so you tap on what you want to read.

Where is your Z10?

Awful, awful design.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 04:27 AM

Awful, awful design.
    Do you have a Z10? I do and I like the way you can fine tune what you see and how you can access specific accounts.
    03-14-13 06:22 AM

Awful, awful design.
    I can appreciate that this is your opinion, but for sure you've got to be kidding.
    diegonei likes this.
    03-14-13 08:16 AM
    I guess I should have been flicking up-right but the problem is the same.

From the home screen, click the text message app.
    Click a text message.
    Flick up to go back to the home screen.
    Now flick up-right. What do you see? Not emails, right?

As for "where is your Z10": it's here, in my hand.

Does the Z10 have an actual email or messaging app?...-359wcww.jpg
    03-14-13 04:04 PM
49 12