Yes, and we see the results after a year of "development" - a few browser certificates.
    Get your ducks in a row first. Don't know what caused delays by CSE (Canadian NIAP?). The "intern" doing the bug fixes may have submitted the paperwork too.
    12-05-16 11:35 AM
    I am suggesting that Google no longer needs the OHA as an entity. The tightening grip is evidence of this. I am also suggesting that licenses are proprietary and that we do not know what BlackBerry negotiated with Google. Also, BlackBerry's licensing of Android to others may not require them to license Google Play Services and that the manufacturers are responsible to license Google Play Services directly from Alphabet's subsidiary. Going forward BlackBerry may no longer need the license from Google.

Assuming, however, that they still need a license, with issues of Android market monopoly raised in Europe, Google may have chosen to give a company with a bad market record more relaxed terms--wouldn't want to risk the same with Samsung. BlackBerry becomes a counterpunch to the EU's accusations.

That they are allowed to sell their own compliant implementation of Android to others could confirm any of the above.
    These are wild, speculative propositions.

I choose Occam's razor.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    12-05-16 11:37 AM
    How to uninstall Blackberry runtime for android?

Posted via CB10
    12-05-16 11:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    What do you mean?
    12-05-16 11:41 AM
    These are wild, speculative propositions.

I choose Occam's razor.
    As are your not so wild speculations regarding BlackBerry's licensing terms for Google Play Services.

Does Occam's Razor apply when law and politics influence one's better judgement?
    12-05-16 11:41 AM

Posted via CB10

Can't be done. Suggested it be a feature in the promised BB10.3.4.
    12-05-16 11:43 AM
    What do you mean?
    I downloaded the BlackBerry runtime for android from Blackberry World. After that my Passport SE started doing random frustrating reboots.
    How do I uninstall now..?

Posted via CB10
    12-05-16 11:50 AM
    What version of BB10 are you using? The runtime download fixed the inability to remove Android apps with an OS update to BB10.3.2. If it was installed to any other OS version you likely would have problems. You probably need to reinstall the OS. Using an autoloader is the easiest way, but will wipe the device of your apps and data. Search for the autoloader for the OS version you wish to use. You can use Link to backup your device before running the autoloader.
    12-05-16 11:55 AM
    I downloaded the BlackBerry runtime for android from Blackberry World. After that my Passport SE started doing random frustrating reboots.
    How do I uninstall now..?

Posted via CB10
    That Android runtime you downloaded was for OS 10.3.2.2786 only. If installed on any other OS, you're bound to have problems.

Via Z10. OS 10.3.2.2876
    12-06-16 06:31 AM
    You know Honda makes more money than Lamborghini and they have tech to do it. Not a good comparison!
    Bollocks. Lamborghini is part of the Volkswagen Group that includes Bentley and Audi. The biggest car company by volume worldwide. And despite the fraud issues, still the most valuable.

So Honda vs the resources of Lamborghini? No way. Otherwise we would have seen more than just the NSX from Honda.
    12-06-16 07:43 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD