This is already "broken" and likely to get worse.

The BB10 FB app, for example, is broken and has been replaced by a web shortcut - and BB10 FB was written by BB. There are also many issues with the outdated BB10 web browser - which gets more outdated every day.

You'll also find that in many areas around the world, BB support in general, including warranty support, has largely evaporated. Apparently, in all of Europe, the only warranty center is now in Italy.

It isn't just 3rd-party apps. BB's shrinking infrastructure has definitely reduced its "support" for the platform, and it will continue to shrink.
    I have already said that anyone who cares about Facebook Hub integration should not buy a BB10 phone for that reason. The same may happen to LinkedIn and Twitter. However, I don't think of those apps as part of the core OS, because they are reliant on third party APIs that BlackBerry does not control. Blackberry may have created the apps, but they cannot make the third parties provide access to the required APIs.

I am confident that BlackBerry will continue to provide all the support it is OBLIGATED to provide. That doesn't mean it will meet the expectations of people who expect updates of apps that are supported by third parties that BlackBerry can't control.
    07-18-16 10:43 AM
    I'm going to use my passport (which I got April this year) until blackberry release a similar phone with pkb on android, supposedly coming in February 2017.

Android whatsapp is expected to work past the 31st Dec, as many other android apps work appropriately via runtime, so I can't see the functionality of the passport declining severely over the next 6 months.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-16 11:47 AM
    It doesn't function as well as the Droidberry on the PRIV. I've owned every BB10 device except Z3 and Q5 and BB10 plateaued in functionality/usability about 12-15 months ago. BB10 requires more effort with sideloading and other BS. The awesome efficiency and fluidity of the OS is negated by the inefficiencies of an inefficient ecosystem.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    That's why I use old BB10 Facebook app for messages and Fastbox for checking Facebook.
    All native, and work great.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-16 12:55 PM
    No, it doesn't, even the Browser is outdated now.. it needs updates so bad, it's becoming slow slow slow, some Web sites won't open because of security reasons which I understand is BlackBerry obligation to update it. Cause we don't have apps we rely on the Browser and if the browser stops working well... then is not good idea to buy a BB10 device now unless yoiu want it just for call, text and email.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-16 09:24 AM
    No, it doesn't, even the Browser is outdated now.. it needs updates so bad, it's becoming slow slow slow, some Web sites won't open because of security reasons which I understand is BlackBerry obligation to update it. Cause we don't have apps we rely on the Browser and if the browser stops working well... then is not good idea to buy a BB10 device now unless yoiu want it just for call, text and email.

Posted via CB10
    Just use another browser like Browsie or Evolution, even Android one like Opera works.

My Passport cam be used for playing music, watching videos, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, browsing web, GPS, calendar, to do list, flashlight...
    It can do far more than just "call, text and email".

Posted via CB10
    07-20-16 09:54 AM
    Imo it does. It's actually a novelty. Something that's ahead of its time. I agree it's not been feature-wise updated since a long time. But that's the point, it actually doesn't require any update. Everybody in my circle use either android and ios, but they still atleast once a day hold my phone to feel it. Honestly for me, the passport is kind of a privilege that only I possess. My friends regret that why they didn't buy it, and I know though given a chance, they will never buy it. That's what separates me from the them and trust me I feel special. Everybody I know, all of them, are chained to the apps. While I'm free and I just love what I do. Those who really want to communicate, they will always call ,text or email and that's what BlackBerry does best. It also kinda filters the unwanted messages and contacts. For me, this is how a phone should be. Currently I have a passport, SE and priv, but I'm using the SE. And I will continue the legacy. Cheers to that!! Long live BlackBerry!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-20-16 10:40 AM
    Just use another browser like Browsie or Evolution, even Android one like Opera works.

My Passport cam be used for playing music, watching videos, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, browsing web, GPS, calendar, to do list, flashlight...

Posted via CB10
    Do you know if Browsie supports Adobe Flash, the way Zeus does? I use Zeus, and so far it's working well, although I think it's just a modified BlackBerry browser which will run into the same problems as does the BlackBerry browser.

Neither browser has been updated for at least half a year.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-16 11:38 AM
    I got my BlackBerry PP SE about 3 months ago and have not had any problems. Best device ever. I did install Google Play Store using Cobalt. I'm not a gamer and I don't really care about social media, although I get Facebook just fine. I use PayPal, Uber, Flipboard, Stockspy, American Airlines and my credit union app that are only available with Google. They all work fine - no problems. I did also put Google maps app on the device which I think I really didn't needed (not sure if it's any better than the Maps I got on the device) but it's on with no problems. I'm glad I got my PP and am not concerned about "the sky falling" on BlackBerry. I'm thinking of getting another PP SE for a back up. Get a Passport and enjoy life.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-16 02:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not a good idea, the other in BBW are just "modded" version of the stock one.. they need to update the stock one!
    07-21-16 09:08 PM
    Not a good idea, the other in BBW are just "modded" version of the stock one.. they need to update the stock one!
    Good luck with that....

07-21-16 09:22 PM
    Good luck with that....

We all know they are updating the browser with 3.3, we are not sure if they are adding something, but for sure they are updating it xDDD
    07-21-16 09:25 PM
    We all know they are updating the browser with 3.3, we are not sure if they are adding something, but for sure they are updating it xDDD
    I've heard that for so long, I just gave up and bought a PRIV.

07-21-16 09:31 PM
    I've heard that for so long, I just gave up and bought a PRIV.

You're still on time, RETURN IT! its not worth it! maybe 120$
    07-21-16 09:46 PM
    You're still on time, RETURN IT! its not worth it! maybe 120$
    I've owned Blackberry devices since 2000 with the 950. I liked the passport but it's usability only lasted for like 6 months. I kept getting the "need google play service" message for more and more apps. The PRIV for me has been far better than other android phones I've owned.

07-21-16 10:13 PM
    The Priv seems to be one of the very few differentiated Android phones. It's certainly the only one worth considering for people who value both the BlackBerry Hub and PKB, not to mention the secure boot process and DTEK.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-16 09:27 AM
    The Priv seems to be one of the very few differentiated Android phones. It's certainly the only one worth considering for people who value both the BlackBerry Hub and PKB, not to mention the secure boot process and DTEK.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed that its differentiated. Secure boot and hub yes. DTEK seems more gimmick or am I missing something?

07-23-16 02:49 PM
    A big Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

BB10 separates BlackBerry from rest of OS in market but BB10 has no future which even BlackBerry themselves have revealed it, Android is BlackBerry so that if Android is what it is then there are lots of better devices running Android.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-16 02:55 PM
    Agreed that its differentiated. Secure boot and hub yes. DTEK seems more gimmick or am I missing something?

Dtek is just gimmick, your absolutely right.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-16 02:57 PM
68 123