Hey everyone.

So just a quick question... I currently have all my contacts perfectly organized on my Hotmail account. These contacts are set up to sync to my phone. I have no local contacts. I added a lot of display pictures to my contacts.

**Side Note: Although the two-way contact sync works perfectly with Hotmail, the contact pictures I add on my Q10 do not show up when I log into Hotmail on my laptop.**

If I back up my phone, does Link backup all of the display pictures I added to my contacts, or will I have to add them all over again??

Posted via my Q10
    08-05-13 08:20 AM
    I believe all contacts are backed up via link backup and restore
    08-05-13 08:56 AM
    Hotmail doesn't support contact pictures at the moment. For me they are saved but do not show up on the website.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 09:12 AM
    No, Link doesn't backup your cloud contacts with photos.
    I found this out during my brief attempt to use Outlook.com. But I was installing just about every leak that came along and it was a pain. Not as fond of the Outlook.com web interface either. Then, when Gmail (IMAP) got the forever option (10.1.0.4633?), I made the permanent switch back to my Gmail.
    quik4life likes this.
    08-05-13 12:53 PM
    I also switched back to Gmail for that very reason. If I wipe my phone I like to keep the profile pics there. But, I only use Gmail for contacts. Outlook.com syncs everything else on eas (email, calendar, tasks).

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 01:18 PM
    No, Link doesn't backup your cloud contacts with photos.
    I found this out during my brief attempt to use Outlook.com. But I was installing just about every leak that came along and it was a pain. Not as fond of the Outlook.com web interface either. Then, when Gmail (IMAP) got the forever option (10.1.0.4633?), I made the permanent switch back to my Gmail.
    Thanks for letting me know! But if I update my phone with an official OS from my carrier, the profile pics are intact, right?

Posted via my Q10
    08-05-13 01:41 PM
    Thanks for letting me know! But if I update my phone with an official OS from my carrier, the profile pics are intact, right?

Posted via my Q10
    Correct. The officaial OTA update you'd get on device should leave everything intact - no need to even re-enter passwords.
    Those of us who go for the leaks pay a price to stay on the edge. Be it the extra time involved, or the occasional hiccup.
    (Oh well, I'm married -- I have time...)
    08-05-13 02:38 PM