conite, be honest. You're on the Blackberry board aren't you?
    I thought we all were! You aren't??

Look at my avatar! I'm the CEO! Why run a company when I can be posting on crackberry?
    07-26-18 10:41 AM
    The enterprise Cybersecurity market is $91 Billion with 10% CAGR and much better profit margins than all mobile phone companies not named Apple.

BlackBerry Mobile is going where the money is, which is why their share price has pretty much doubled over the past year.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    07-26-18 11:10 AM
    The enterprise Cybersecurity market is $91 Billion with 10% CAGR and much better profit margins than all mobile phone companies not named Apple.

BlackBerry Mobile is going where the money is, which is why their share price has pretty much doubled over the past year.

Some can't distinguish revenues from profits from margins. They only cherry pick the one number that (falsely) validates their opinion and ignore everything else.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    07-26-18 11:33 AM
    Where do you get that from? BlackBerry Limited is doing great. Buying companies to reinforce your company strategy is a practice of most major software companies. The BlackBerry Limited BoD have strong faith in Chen. I have not seen a single large investor challenge to Chen.

If Chen tried to changed course and restart BB10 and hardware the BoD would have him ok out immediately.
    I'm not even saying Chen should get back into smartphones now. I'm just saying I don't think he has a vision for the company and just tap dances to hit revenue numbers. And he seems like he might be a puppet for the company's biggest creditor which is not good for equity holders.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-18 12:10 PM
    ppeters, out of curiosity, why are you using a Z10 if you are this harsh on BB10 and its future? I mean, it's officially EOL as many have pointed out, you seem to be firmly in the "don't ever speak of BB10 continuing in any way shape or form" camp....why are you still using a BB10 device?

Posted via CB10
    Sorry to jump in, but with respect I don't see how one thing has to do with the other.

Enjoying a BB10 device does not automatically make you oblivious to the business case for continued development.
    I simply don't see why on the one hand you would "enjoy" a device that you then completely slam every time someone tries to breathe a suggestion of a way for you to keep using it. It would seem to me that you would either want to preserve that enjoyment or, if you truly believe the OS is beyond any hope of any form of extension whatsoever past the EOL date, that you'd simply jump ship now.

On a related note, and speaking as one of those people who enjoys BB10 devices, I don't think I'm wrong in stating that Crackberry is becoming a hostile place for us and anyone who has any point of view that supports BB10 or anything that does not equate to "use another device". And that's sad.
    First, I'm a recently retired IT guy that started w/ DOS. Primarily desktop support for DOS, Windows (3.x-10), terminal emulation, networking, etc. Went from flip phone and Palm to BlackBerry Torch 9800 to Z10. Did Hybrid BBOS builds on the 9800, and have been Blitzing my Z10 since Blitzing was invented.

Your perceptions/interpretations are simply WRONG.

I am -NOT- slamming anyone.
    I am -NOT- hostile to anyone wanting to continue using BB10.
    I am -NOT- in any camp other than my own.

I am OKAY with anyone offering workarounds, but not with ridiculous, delusional comments that BB10 has any viable future. Others have clearly stated the reasons why. Granted, a miracle may happen, but it's dishonest not to plan that BB10 devices will cease to be functionally relevant after 2019 EOL.

I continue to use a BB10 device because, golly gee, it still meets my basic needs: phone, text, and email. That said, it's five years old. It's slow, the browser doesn't work on some of my sites, etc, etc. No different than an old computer running Windows XP or even Windows 7. For me, it's time to upgrade.

I'd be ecstatic if BB10 had continued to improve, and there was a newer BB10 device for me to upgrade to. The reality is there isn't. My choices are Android or iOS, i.e. a hot mess or locked-down gilded cage, period. All the wailing and gnashing of teeth ain't gonna change that.

While Apple stock has been very, very good to me, I don't care for the iOS interface nor the ecosystem. Just a personal preference.

My wife moved from BBOS to Android years ago. Every time I have to use her phone, I want to smash it into the ground although not as much since her LG G4 got Marshmallow. What I've seen/read on the interwebs has me believing I can be reasonably happy with BlackDroid. I'm not locked into a PKB, and still may go with a non-BBMo device.

It also sucks that IMO a quality phone costs a minimum of $600.

I almost got a KEYone, but it wasn't as critical a need then as it's becoming now. As for the KEY2, I'm waiting for Click Gate and Camera Gate resolutions, and Black Friday deals. Would really like to physically handle one, but that's almost impossible in the US except for Samsung and iPhone.

It's also possible I'll wait for a KEY3. We'll see.

Cheers.

AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    07-26-18 04:10 PM
    First, I'm a recently retired IT guy that started w/ DOS. Primarily desktop support for DOS, Windows (3.x-10), terminal emulation, networking, etc. Went from flip phone and Palm to BlackBerry Torch 9800 to Z10. Did Hybrid BBOS builds on the 9800, and have been Blitzing my Z10 since Blitzing was invented.

Your perceptions/interpretations are simply WRONG.

I am -NOT- slamming anyone.
    I am -NOT- hostile to anyone wanting to continue using BB10.
    I am -NOT- in any camp other than my own.

I am OKAY with anyone offering workarounds, but not with ridiculous, delusional comments that BB10 has any viable future. Others have clearly stated the reasons why. Granted, a miracle may happen, but it's dishonest not to plan that BB10 devices will cease to be functionally relevant after 2019 EOL.

I continue to use a BB10 device because, golly gee, it still meets my basic needs: phone, text, and email. That said, it's five years old. It's slow, the browser doesn't work on some of my sites, etc, etc. No different than an old computer running Windows XP or even Windows 7. For me, it's time to upgrade.

I'd be ecstatic if BB10 had continued to improve, and there was a newer BB10 device for me to upgrade to. The reality is there isn't. My choices are Android or iOS, i.e. a hot mess or locked-down gilded cage, period. All the wailing and gnashing of teeth ain't gonna change that.

While Apple stock has been very, very good to me, I don't care for the iOS interface nor the ecosystem. Just a personal preference.

My wife moved from BBOS to Android years ago. Every time I have to use her phone, I want to smash it into the ground although not as much since her LG G4 got Marshmallow. What I've seen/read on the interwebs has me believing I can be reasonably happy with BlackDroid. I'm not locked into a PKB, and still may go with a non-BBMo device.

It also sucks that IMO a quality phone costs a minimum of $600.

I almost got a KEYone, but it wasn't as critical a need then as it's becoming now. As for the KEY2, I'm waiting for Click Gate and Camera Gate resolutions, and Black Friday deals. Would really like to physically handle one, but that's almost impossible in the US except for Samsung and iPhone.

It's also possible I'll wait for a KEY3. We'll see.

Cheers.

AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    This is pretty much how I feel about things, except I went ahead and bought a KEYone , which I like and even use occasionally.

But I'm still much happier on BB10 for 90% of what I get paid to do, and prefer not to use mobile phones much at all during my unpaid time. (The idea that I would, of my own volition, take a photograph or make a video of anything related to my personal life and post it on social media is laughable, for example.)

I'm optimistic that my BB10 devices will continue to function after their EOL date, though I also recognize that they will be far less resilient to any mischances.

DonHB likes this.
    07-26-18 04:39 PM
    We have had our fun but enough chasing your own tales.
    07-26-18 05:00 PM
207 ... 789