I have multiple news apps and rss feed readers installed but using only some of them. I understand if I open an app and start reading news it will consume data. But does an unopened or active frame news app consume data?
    Need this information to align my data account with carrier. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 07:00 AM
    I have multiple news apps and rss feed readers installed but using only some of them. I understand if I open an app and start reading news it will consume data. But does an unopened or active frame news app consume data?
    Need this information to align my data account with carrier. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    If it's not opened, it shouldn't but make sure it doesn't have headless abilities. If it does, toggle that off in the options. When sitting in an active frame, it will. I have the Stocks app and it will refresh in active frame form at predefined intervals but the dev has included the option to control the interval time frame or even turn it off so that it doesn't use data. Check on the ones you use to see if they have the same options.
    kbz1960 and KingOfQwerty like this.
    03-20-14 07:04 AM
    "Do" closed apps consume data?

Posted via Verizon Z10 running OS v10.2.1.2174
    ssbtech likes this.
    03-20-14 07:12 AM
    "Do" closed apps consume data?
    It drives me crazy too, but we have to realize that this forum caters to a very multicultural user base and English isn't always a first language.
    03-20-14 12:05 PM
    If it's not opened, it shouldn't but make sure it doesn't have headless abilities. If it does, toggle that off in the options. When sitting in an active frame, it will. I have the Stocks app and it will refresh in active frame form at predefined intervals but the dev has included the option to control the interval time frame or even turn it off so that it doesn't use data. Check on the ones you use to see if they have the same options.
    Thanks, I checked 'Run in Background' under settings>privacy and security>app permission but these apps are not there. I also think they may consume data in active frame state. But these apps don't have settings to control what happens in that state.
    One more question - as I want to know where my data is bleeding - on opened news apps. They normally have multiple tabs for multiple sections like, World, Sports, Stock, business etc or RSS feeder Apps with multiple RSS feeds. By opening them, does all sections update themself (regardless of whether I see them or not) OR only those section which I open?
    03-20-14 11:01 PM
    Thanks trsbbs for pointing and ssbtech for backing me.
    But I will pass on the blame to BB10 predictive text. ;-)
    03-20-14 11:05 PM