is the old legacy os password keeper still around?

I wont trust the app unless its from blackberry, dont want no 3rd party aps to have all my info.
    07-30-14 11:41 AM
    Yes it does! Been using it since having my Z10

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-30-14 11:41 AM
    Nice, nice, just wanted to be sure. I keep forgetting some of my passwords that want symbols, letter, numbers, capitols, and whatnot.

passwords like %9lM0^#dF get hard to remember.
    07-30-14 11:43 AM
    If it doesn't come preinstalled on your BlackBerry 10 phone, look up all the BlackBerry apps in BlackBerry World, it's there.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 02:56 PM
    Try third party stuff like Enpass or whatever the other one was that's native. They have way more features such as syncing across platoforms.
    07-30-14 04:46 PM
    Dashlane is my password manager of choice, can get on snap, wish there were a native one though. Its an amazing password manager

-
    07-31-14 02:26 AM
    I have been using Password Keeper (by Blackberry Limited) since I first had my Blackberry Tour and now have it in Z10, for me is perfect....!
    07-31-14 11:55 AM
    Enpass is the best Password app I've used to date.

Native on BlackBerry with a Windows and Mac App

Syncs seamless.

Awesome

Sent from my Awesome Z30
    07-31-14 01:26 PM
    is the old legacy os password keeper still around?

I wont trust the app unless its from blackberry, dont want no 3rd party aps to have all my info.
    I won't try to dissuade people from using Enpass, it seems pretty popular. But for people who are looking for assurances, like the OP and I, Enpass falls short. They may provide everything I'm looking for but don't provide the documentation. In fact the security page on their website reads like it was written by someone who doesn't know what FIPS or NIST really are. Not very comforting.

Posted via CB10
    Rowan M and Mecca EL like this.
    07-31-14 04:17 PM
    I always wanted to use BlackBerry keeper, but don't understand how it works, if I put the url it fails to recognize that I'm on the site. Can anyone tell me how to use this thing?

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 05:33 PM
    I always wanted to use BlackBerry keeper, but don't understand how it works, if I put the url it fails to recognize that I'm on the site. Can anyone tell me how to use this thing?

Posted via CB10
    PW Keeper has to be used manually via a copy/paste action (although your BB10 browser can remember and auto-fill some website passwords)

To use PW Keeper, install it, add accounts/websites/etc, either enter your own or allow PWK to randomize a password (which you can then modify/add additional characters, etc). When you need to access a password on your phone, open PWK, enter primary password, navigate to appropriate entry, and simply choose "Copy Password" then paste as required in browser or wherever. If you need the password for PC or other external device, simply tap the "eyeball" / view icon to see the password.

Pretty simple!

I use it for a lot of things NON password like account numbers, credit card info, entry codes, alarm system codes, loyalty card info, etc. ANYTHING I want protected.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-31-14 06:34 PM
    I use Roboform. I like having passwords sync between phone and desktop.
    07-31-14 08:27 PM
    PW Keeper has to be used manually via a copy/paste action (although your BB10 browser can remember and auto-fill some website passwords)

To use PW Keeper, install it, add accounts/websites/etc, either enter your own or allow PWK to randomize a password (which you can then modify/add additional characters, etc). When you need to access a password on your phone, open PWK, enter primary password, navigate to appropriate entry, and simply choose "Copy Password" then paste as required in browser or wherever. If you need the password for PC or other external device, simply tap the "eyeball" / view icon to see the password.

Pretty simple!

I use it for a lot of things NON password like account numbers, credit card info, entry codes, alarm system codes, loyalty card info, etc. ANYTHING I want protected.
    How do I change my primary password on password keeper? I can't find any option to change my password on PWK, thanks.
    07-31-14 09:34 PM
    Swipe gesture down from the top, choose gear icon, and you'll get several settings options, including reset password.

Be sure to review all your options. For random generator you can choose length, choose to include letters, numbers, symbols. You can import and export PWs. Lots of settings!

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-31-14 10:22 PM
    Ooooo this whole time I thought it was a autofill kinda mechanism.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 10:57 PM
    Swipe gesture down from the top, choose gear icon, and you'll get several settings options, including reset password.

Be sure to review all your options. For random generator you can choose length, choose to include letters, numbers, symbols. You can import and export PWs. Lots of settings!

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    Thank for yor help DocDRM, have a nice day.
    08-03-14 09:54 AM