Two weeks after using BB10 on a Q5, and coming from years with a 9260 curve, i'm questioning myself if this is a better OS than 7.1. I'm missing quite a lot of features that are not available in 10 such as
    - Notification Profile where i can set ringtone way louder than BBM messages
    - FMRadio
    - Camera zoom
    - possibility to log unknown incoming calls

Also i miss applications such as "Advanced OS and Led" but i guess this is only a manter of time.

I don't thing that swiping is better than using the pad, the hub is not something I really need and luckily there's this Q5 with a full phisycal keyboard and not a soft onscreen cr*p.

In the end the question is why. Why does a newer OS dismisses already made features?

So my opinion is no, despite being nicer, BB10 is not better than BB7.1.

Am I Just feeling nostalgic?

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 10:40 AM
    FM radio Is comming in 10.2.1
    Camera zoom is already there

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 10:41 AM
    I'm crying right now, gonna get my beloved fm radio back!

Just read the manual, as you say there's zoom, not obvious to use at all.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 11:22 AM
    Definitely lots of features missing. I'd be careful about holding tour breath for things coming in 10.2.1. There were 10.2 expectations that were not met. It may have been over expecting granted, but still.

Posted by Dr. Emmett Brown from my GoogleBerry Cranial Implant
    11-08-13 07:03 PM
    thanks, i won't sing to the moon yet

BTW, EQfor music player also lost

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 04:14 AM
    I agree there are some already established functionalities in BBOS that were obviously not carried over to the BlackBerry 10 but I'm sure BlackBerry is totally aware of that and that feature parity should have been established in many of the apps as it came to the market

I have a feeling they are working on those but that said there are lots of previous features that did carry over and are even much better than what BBOS could have done but how to do those things are now slightly different and not very obvious to many. That is another source of frustration because BlackBerry is not doing enough to show people how this features now work on the BlackBerry 10

In overall comparison however, the BlackBerry 10 is light years better than the 7.1

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-09-13 04:37 AM
    I agree there are some already established functionalities in BBOS that were obviously not carried over to the BlackBerry 10 but I'm sure BlackBerry is totally aware of that and that feature parity should have been established in many of the apps as it came to the market

I have a feeling they are working on those but that said there are lots of previous features that did carry over and are even much better than what BBOS could have done but how to do those things are now slightly different and not very obvious to many. That is another source of frustration because BlackBerry is not doing enough to show people how this features now work on the BlackBerry 10

In overall comparison however, the BlackBerry 10 is light years better than the 7.1

Posted via CB10
    It's easy to define missing functionalities between the generations. What are the features that you speak of that are missing from BlackBerry 10 from legacy versions that you feel are managed better in BlackBerry 10 thereby eliminating the need for the missing parts?

Posted by Dr. Emmett Brown from my GoogleBerry Cranial Implant
    11-09-13 12:39 PM