Can someone confirm if Silverlight is supported in the new browser and specifically if Sky on the go works? Won't be getting my new phone till the end of April so I can't check this myself.
    02-18-13 05:28 PM
    silverlight is a dead platform..nobody supports it on mobile devices and not even Windows RT..so forget about it
    Richard Buckley likes this.
    02-18-13 05:30 PM
    Why microsoft killed it instead of just pushing it where places wanted a more secure flash variant I dont know. But yeah its dead.
    02-18-13 06:06 PM
    Is Silverlight supported on any of the BB browsers? because MS is pushing out Outlook.com on everybody that uses Hotmail, Windows Live Mail etc. whether we like it or not.
    A specific requirement for Outlook.com is the inclusion of Silverlight. Are we to understand therefore that ALL Blackberry users will loose the use of these platforms, once MS pull the rug out completely from Hotmail and WLM?
    02-21-13 07:50 AM
    Where did you get that Outlook.com requires Silverlight? The website does not, and certainly setting up an Outlook.com account on your BlackBerry via Exchange ActiveSync does not.
    02-21-13 08:37 AM
    Time Warner has a new service to be able to watch live any tv channels that are available on your cable contact
    They require the Silverlight plugin for your browser.

Once again, is there any browser available for BB that can support silverlight?
    09-11-13 10:00 AM
    No there is not

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 10:19 AM
    I just came across a website for employee time sheets for a large national retailer. It's all in Silverlight and inaccessible from phones.
    11-12-13 05:06 PM
    If we had Silverlight Netflix would work in the browser no?

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 07:34 PM
    Silverlight was a silly idea in the first place, flash has had it's day.. more fool the companies who paid for the services to require Silverlight.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 07:38 PM
    MS Silverlight may be a 'dead' application to some people, however there are some of us who need to be able to load Silverlight to be able to run various web-based applications. Worden Brothers FreeStockCharts and the subscription Worden Brothers TC version 12 are examples I need, in addition to those other examples cited earlier in this thread.
    Silverlight will NOT install on my Bold 9930 under os v 7.1. Yeah, I tried.
    Will Silverlight install and function correctly on version 10.n devices?
    Is anyone successfully using a web-based application which requires MS Silverlight to function?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by pkcable; 01-30-14 at 01:00 PM. Reason: removed link
    01-30-14 12:54 PM
    No BB10 does not support Silverlight, nor do we expect that BBRY will be adding support anytime soon. Sorry.
    01-30-14 01:04 PM
    Netflix uses silverlight. But that could end soon because of the new HTML5 player. Silver light was a pretty good platform but I don't see why it should stay relevant anymore.
    01-30-14 01:07 PM
    MS Silverlight may be a 'dead' application to some people, however there are some of us who need to be able to load Silverlight to be able to run various web-based applications. Worden Brothers FreeStockCharts and the subscription Worden Brothers TC version 12 are examples I need, in addition to those other examples cited earlier in this thread.
    Silverlight will NOT install on my Bold 9930 under os v 7.1. Yeah, I tried.
    Will Silverlight install and function correctly on version 10.n devices?
    Is anyone successfully using a web-based application which requires MS Silverlight to function?
    Thanks.
    It is down to the companies to make their sites accessible to all not the other way around, Silverlight was a gimmick and was already obsolete when it was released.

I doubt Microsoft would pour in resources to make it available to such a small user-base as BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 01:14 PM
    Netflix uses silverlight. But that could end soon because of the new HTML5 player. Silver light was a pretty good platform but I don't see why it should stay relevant anymore.
    The Netflix mobile clients do not use silverlight
    01-30-14 01:31 PM
    The Netflix mobile clients do not use silverlight
    I realize that. I should've been more specific. My point was Silver light isn't completely dead yet. (since someone claimed otherwise)
    01-30-14 01:39 PM
    I thought Microsoft killed off Silver light already?

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 01:42 PM
    pkcable, thanks for your very prompt response as well as for cleaning up my post. Apologies for my oops with the links.
    propeller10 and oystersourced, thanks to each of you also.
    I appreciate simply knowing that MS Silverlight is not usable on v 10-based products.
    To be clear, I have subscription $$ going into the Worden products and have for many years. I don't see that changing, if for no other reason than how very long it can take to climb the learning curve of a new technical analysis platform. v12 of their product is based upon MS Silverlight. Knowing Worden the company as I do from years with them, that also is not going to change. Will that deny some customers / prospective customers mobile access? Undoubtedly.
    Is there another serious technical analysis platform much more amenable to real-time Blackberry access, maybe TradeStation? Maybe, but there's that daunting learning curve isn't there...
    Am I happy about having to consider the Android world? No, for many reasons, including spending hours last evening reading Crackberry threads discussion platform and app security.
    How badly do I and will I need that mobile real-time data? Ah, the crux of the question.
    Thx again everyone.
    01-30-14 01:45 PM
    I thought Microsoft killed off Silver light already?

Posted via CB10
    Yes but there are websites that still use it. And Microsoft will provide support until 2021.
    01-30-14 01:50 PM
    pkcable, thanks for your very prompt response as well as for cleaning up my post. Apologies for my oops with the links.
    propeller10 and oystersourced, thanks to each of you also.
    I appreciate simply knowing that MS Silverlight is not usable on v 10-based products.
    To be clear, I have subscription $$ going into the Worden products and have for many years. I don't see that changing, if for no other reason than how very long it can take to climb the learning curve of a new technical analysis platform. v12 of their product is based upon MS Silverlight. Knowing Worden the company as I do from years with them, that also is not going to change. Will that deny some customers / prospective customers mobile access? Undoubtedly.
    Is there another serious technical analysis platform much more amenable to real-time Blackberry access, maybe TradeStation? Maybe, but there's that daunting learning curve isn't there...
    Am I happy about having to consider the Android world? No, for many reasons, including spending hours last evening reading Crackberry threads discussion platform and app security.
    How badly do I and will I need that mobile real-time data? Ah, the crux of the question.
    Thx again everyone.
    IF they have an Android client, they there is a good possibility that it can be loaded on to your device via the Amazon App store or Snap, if you are on the latest BB10 firmware 10.2.1, which allows you to install and run Android APKs directly without conversion, and without App World.

How to install an Android app (APK) to a BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

How to get Android apps on BlackBerry from the Amazon Appstore | CrackBerry.com

How to use Snap on BlackBerry 10.2.1 to install Android APK files | CrackBerry.com
    01-30-14 02:47 PM
    Rich, thank you muchly for continuing to follow this thread, and many thanks indeed for those links. I certainly will be mining them very soon.
    Most of the technical analysis packages I could use do have Android apps, yes. Even ThinkOrSwim and TDAmeriTrade have Android apps. Most, excepting that Worden package -- aarrgghh ...
    You wrote, "if you are on the latest BB10 firmware...". That raises questions of what I need to look for as I consider the current crop of BB10 platforms, the Z10s, the Q10s and the newer Z30s. Among the Z10 devices for example, are there firmware versions or revisions which I need to be mindful of as I shop among those devices? I take it that 10.2.1 or later is the os version to be or get on at minimum. The current carrier is T-Mobile, if that matters.
    I would certainly not like to get into a situation with a BB10 device only able to utilize T-Mobile's GSM/UMTS bands at 'edge' speeds, as is the case with my current unlocked originally Sprint 9930.
    Most likely I will be stalking the EBay world unless someone such as Blackberry runs a too-good-to-pass-up special on new unlocked devices.
    Sighing as I mumble yet again about the Q10 not having the trackball I've become so accustomed to, despite the screen size ...
    Many thanks again!
    Will
    01-30-14 03:56 PM
    Rich, thank you muchly for continuing to follow this thread, and many thanks indeed for those links. I certainly will be mining them very soon.
    Most of the technical analysis packages I could use do have Android apps, yes. Even ThinkOrSwim and TDAmeriTrade have Android apps. Most, excepting that Worden package -- aarrgghh ...
    You wrote, "if you are on the latest BB10 firmware...". That raises questions of what I need to look for as I consider the current crop of BB10 platforms, the Z10s, the Q10s and the newer Z30s. Among the Z10 devices for example, are there firmware versions or revisions which I need to be mindful of as I shop among those devices? I take it that 10.2.1 or later is the os version to be or get on at minimum. The current carrier is T-Mobile, if that matters.
    I would certainly not like to get into a situation with a BB10 device only able to utilize T-Mobile's GSM/UMTS bands at 'edge' speeds, as is the case with my current unlocked originally Sprint 9930.
    Most likely I will be stalking the EBay world unless someone such as Blackberry runs a too-good-to-pass-up special on new unlocked devices.
    Sighing as I mumble yet again about the Q10 not having the trackball I've become so accustomed to, despite the screen size ...
    Many thanks again!
    Will
    Just a wee bit of info for you concerning 10.2.1 since this is now an option. T-Mobile USA will eventually update all their Blackberry 10 devices to 10.2.1, however they may not have done so already officially. Installing a leak or the official version from another carrier is possible to do with Sachesi (spelling?) which is an application at the computer used to find the absolute latest version of BlackBerry 10 software available worldwide for specific models of device if I recall correctly. This all said, the support of Android apps may be a touch limited for devices like the Q10 as I believe android apps that are not coming from BlackBerry World will not recognise the 720x720 screen format. I would advise either a Z10 or Z30 (or later if we get some new releases soon). Just my own two cents worth.

Posted by my Z30 via CB10
    01-30-14 09:49 PM
    Just a wee bit of info for you concerning 10.2.1 since this is now an option. T-Mobile USA will eventually update all their Blackberry 10 devices to 10.2.1, however they may not have done so already officially. Installing a leak or the official version from another carrier is possible to do with Sachesi (spelling?) which is an application at the computer used to find the absolute latest version of BlackBerry 10 software available worldwide for specific models of device if I recall correctly. This all said, the support of Android apps may be a touch limited for devices like the Q10 as I believe android apps that are not coming from BlackBerry World will not recognise the 720x720 screen format. I would advise either a Z10 or Z30 (or later if we get some new releases soon). Just my own two cents worth.

Posted by my Z30 via CB10
    I concur Z10 or Z30 is the way to go. Here are the model charts for T-Mobile you need 1700 &/or 1900 for up too H+ and 1700 &/or 700 for LTE (but it's a different 700 than Verizon uses)....
    Attached Thumbnails Does BB10 Have Silverlight Support?-165733d1369626366t-clearing-up-confusion-z10-models-frequencies-z10_frequencies_v6.jpg   Does BB10 Have Silverlight Support?-224888d1385603778t-z30-models-supported-frequencies-z30.png  
    01-30-14 10:45 PM
    No BB10 does not support Silverlight, nor do we expect that BBRY will be adding support anytime soon. Sorry.
    Anything changed? Browser silverlight friendly??
    12-05-15 10:28 AM
    Anything changed? Browser silverlight friendly??
    *quick Google search*

No.
    12-05-15 10:36 AM
26 12