I have T-Mobile branded BB Q10 device on T-Mobile network.
    I have pay-by-day plan, so it is essential to me that device respects "data services" setting.
    If "data services" in mobile network settings is off then I expect that device does not access cellular data in any way.

However it appears to be not the case: the device performs sporadic access to cellular data even with "data services" off.
    And BB Protect popped up in my head as a potential culprit.
    Can somebody clarify on this? Or may be name another culprit?
    01-17-14 03:12 AM
    Welcome to the forums!

Hard to tell who the culprit is as there is way too much stuff going on in a BB device at any given time (it's, after all, a always connected approach).

But even if it is Protect, you should be ok. Protect doen't do backups anymore on BB10. It only works as a security solution.

The periodic accesses you're seeing are probably things like calendar/contact/email sync intervals.
    01-17-14 10:06 AM
    Welcome to the forums!

Hard to tell who the culprit is as there is way too much stuff going on in a BB device at any given time (it's, after all, a always connected approach).

But even if it is Protect, you should be ok. Protect doen't do backups anymore on BB10. It only works as a security solution.

The periodic accesses you're seeing are probably things like calendar/contact/email sync intervals.
    most of the time phone is connected to wi-fi access point either at home or at work.
    Still reasonable expectation is to have no cellular access if "data services" mobile setting is off.
    BB Protect popped up in my head as a potential culprit exactly because it is a security solution.
    Someone might decide that it makes sense to "phone home" even when settings explicitly prohibit this.
    01-17-14 06:49 PM