Yes, this what saved me too. It was one of about 1 million things I tried on Win 10! I still can't back up but at least I can see the two drives. I read the switching off of this feature was done by a Windows update.

Posted via CB10
    I think it was one of the big Windows updates from Oct 2017, because that was the point where the drives stopped mounting for me. I had already switched to my S8 at the time, and only my 9-year-old was playing with my Z10, so I was barely checking it beyond keeping it charged. Then BlackBerry released one of those rare BB10 updates, and I hooked the phone up to my PC, but none of the drives mounted. Strangely, I could do a backup, did run the autoloader, even did a partial app restore, but never could access the internal memory directly through the file manager.

I could switch the phone to mass storage to access the SD card, but that was it.

Until I made saw the SMB solution a few weeks back. It should be a sticky.
    12-09-18 07:57 AM
    BINGO!!!!! Re-enabled SMB v1 stuff, restarted computer, attached Z10 via USB.... working. Sees two BlackBerry drives.

How the heck did you figure that out???!!!
    I cannot take credit myself as I initially saw the suggestion online (I honestly don't remember whether it was CB or not), but I do know that since Microsoft has automatically disabled SMB1 on Windows 10 (done a few feature updates ago--I believe it was the Fall 2017 Creator's Update) it has broken a number of things which rely on that protocol.

Glad you got the drives (and Link?) back normally!
    12-10-18 06:21 PM
    No luck with OSX Mojave

Posted via CB10
    12-12-18 02:31 PM
    No luck with OSX Mojave

Posted via CB10
    Render, I work more with PCs than Macs but I have some test units I could use. What error do you get with Mojave?
    12-12-18 08:34 PM
    Hi, Trumpet!

At the time of installation, it just stop, no message error was given, as far as I can remember says something that the installation has stopped...

I'm missing the wifi connection using the Link for dropping images in my PC so then I can adjust in Photoshop and the backups inside OSX.

I'm doing a solution using a VM with Windows 7, is not as quick as a native OS, but take it or leave it.

Regards
    12-12-18 11:15 PM
    Hi, Trumpet!

At the time of installation, it just stop, no message error was given, as far as I can remember says something that the installation has stopped...

I'm missing the wifi connection using the Link for dropping images in my PC so then I can adjust in Photoshop and the backups inside OSX.

I'm doing a solution using a VM with Windows 7, is not as quick as a native OS, but take it or leave it.

Regards
    I hear you. I'll see if I can get Link to install in Mojave.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-18 12:40 AM
    Keep me in the loop
    I tried to repeat the old recipe to install in Sierra, but it didn't work.
    "Here is what I did to install both BlackBerry Link and Blend on Mac OS Sierra.

"1. Right click or command click on "Install BlackBerry 10 Desktop Software.app" Icon.
    2. Select from the contextual menu "Show Package Contents"
    3. Go to Resources directory and Double Click on "BlackBerry Blend.pkg"
    4. When you get to "Installation Type" Select "BlackBerry Link" Checkbox and both will install."
    12-13-18 10:48 AM
32 12