I've got an old Z30 still on 10.2.1 that I want to play around with.

I know I remember hearing that one of the earlier 10.3 builds had some form of dark hub. Anyone got an idea?

Posted via CB10
    05-08-17 10:24 PM
    Nope , negative, none
    05-08-17 10:27 PM
    If anything, it was a very early internal testing build that never made it to even beta testing.

Joel
    05-08-17 10:47 PM
    One did exist, yes. But it never made it out of Waterloo. It was one of the earlier 10.3.1 builds.

http://crackberry.com/dark-hub-optio...lackberry-1031
    05-08-17 10:55 PM
    Darn.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-17 11:49 PM
    I find it interesting that you can set a dark theme in the contacts and calendar app, it's like they just decided not to go all the way trough.
    05-09-17 01:24 AM
    I feel there's no good reason why they couldn't have added the option for a dark hub. Seems to be a pretty simple thing to implement. Makes me wonder if the hub was just coded in a really messy way.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-17 01:34 AM
    I find it interesting that you can set a dark theme in the contacts and calendar app, it's like they just decided not to go all the way trough.
    The Text App and the virtual keyboard too.

It's not like BlackBerry hadn't heard from users since the beginning that we'd like a system-wide dark theme option for all phones.

So it does make one wonder what it was about the Hub that was so hard.

Joel
    05-09-17 09:46 AM
    I believe it only works when you are using the Lithuanian support.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    05-09-17 05:50 PM
    I've got an old Z30 still on 10.2.1 that I want to play around with.

I know I remember hearing that one of the earlier 10.3 builds had some form of dark hub. Anyone got an idea?

Posted via CB10
    You can cheat if you spend most of your day in the hub and not on pictures or videos...
    [Settings][Accessibility][Reverse Contrast ON]...reverses contrast on almost everything on the phone.
    Of course your wallpaper should be white to show up as black etc. Docs to go is fine.
    You may have to turn off DARK MODE on text messages (so that it too remains dark).
    Set the [Settings][Display][Virtual Keyboard Appearance] to Light so that it becomes dark etc. only useful if you really must have a dark hub when none is available...and/or if you want a dark Spreadsheet etc.., like they used to be in the heyday of Lotus 123 for DOS (before Excel /Office for Windows existed)
    (pictures and videos will look negativized etc).
    05-18-17 11:17 PM
    You can cheat if you spend most of your day in the hub and not on pictures or videos...
    [Settings][Accessibility][Reverse Contrast ON]...reverses contrast on almost everything on the phone.
    Of course your wallpaper should be white to show up as black etc. Docs to go is fine.
    You may have to turn off DARK MODE on text messages (so that it too remains dark).
    Set the [Settings][Display][Virtual Keyboard Appearance] to Light so that it becomes dark etc. only useful if you really must have a dark hub when none is available...and/or if you want a dark Spreadsheet etc.., like they used to be in the heyday of Lotus 123 for DOS (before Excel /Office for Windows existed)
    (pictures and videos will look negativized etc).
    Yea I've toyed with that feature for a few years. It doesn't do it for me.

But however it is another notable BB10 feature that doesn't seem to exist anywhere else. Further proving that BB10 was miles above the competition but destroyed by lack of dev support.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-17 03:16 AM
    Yes BB10 better than the alternatives as an OS. Lack of dev support, social media scars (BlackBerry is doomed don't waste your investment etc) scaring away interest....and that billion dollars or so that Quallcomm was holding back. Yes, that scared away device support. It should have been a home run.
    05-19-17 03:36 AM
    Yes BB10 better than the alternatives as an OS. Lack of dev support, social media scars (BlackBerry is doomed don't waste your investment etc) scaring away interest....and that billion dollars or so that Quallcomm was holding back. Yes, that scared away device support. It should have been a home run.
    Absolutely agreed. Given the right conditions, BB10 would have been revolutionary. It's such a shame that it's left behind now. I really appreciated how BB10 was so fluid across the entire platform. The Q5 was on par with the Z30 during the prime of BB10.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-17 03:44 AM
    WM10 has a dark theme for the outlook app's linked inbox. I tried it for a couple days but went back to white. For some reason my brain didn't process the information as efficiently. Strange because on BB10, I am comfortable with everything else dark themed. Regardless, it squelched my desire for a dark hub.
    05-19-17 04:26 AM