I like and use the calendar growing numbers so much that I've gone back to 10.2.1

The new calendar reminds me of apple. You can't take a quick glance and know your schedule..

Wish the calendar bar could be loaded into 10.3 somehow.

Posted via CB10
    beemaabeemababy likes this.
    09-13-14 03:08 AM
    What? I didn't even noticed this was changed. Probably mainly due to my calendar entries are all in my work z10 which is still running 10.2 and my personal backup z10 which I'm playing around with running 10.3 has literally none. I thought it was a given that "growing numbers" was just there in 10.3!

Why BlackBerry why did you remove it? This was actually a useful feature! At a moment's glance I can see which days I'm going to be the most busy.

Please bring back this feature!

I think CB needs to do a poll on this feature.. since I feel many have not realize this is now gone and probably would agree that it needs to remain ..

Bla1ze, I think we need to show BlackBerry that they need to bring this feature back...

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 03:33 AM

i think cb needs to do a poll on this feature.. Since i feel many have not realize this is now gone and probably would agree that it needs to remain ..

Bla1ze, i think we need to show blackberry that they need to bring this feature back...

Posted via cb10
    +10,000

z30 144gb
    09-13-14 03:38 AM
    Does anyone else miss the Calendar "growing numbers" after using the 10.3-img_20140913_121005.png

This is month view in 10.3 it's more difficult to see if a day is fully booked or not in my opinion. And that's exactly what I use month view for.

On 10.2 small number meant that I can make another appointment for the morning or afternoon with a customer. Now I need to fiddle it out with the small lines.

Doable on the Z, but I think it will be nearly impossible to figure it out on the smaller screen of the Q.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 05:14 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140913_121005.png 
Views:	769 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	297554

This is month view in 10.3 it's more difficult to see if a day is fully booked or not in my opinion. And that's exactly what I use month view for.

On 10.2 small number meant that I can make another appointment for the morning or afternoon with a customer. Now I need to fiddle it out with the small lines.

Doable on the Z, but I think it will be nearly impossible to figure it out on the smaller screen of the Q.

Posted via CB10
    it's really such an awful looking app now. I hope they revert it before launch.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 07:15 AM
    The monthly view is almost useless now. I hope they do something about it on the next release.

What the what?
    09-13-14 07:24 AM
    The coloured bar(s) show how full your day is at various points, I agree it's very useful and would also like the growing number - or in fact both!

So if you see a tiny coloured fleck at top right it means morning appointment. If you see one in middle or further down, it means at lunch or afternoon. If there is a full green bar, it means an all day event? What's not to get in 10.3? In fact it was this way before growing numbers in 10.1 if I recall?

So why people can't we have cake and eat it too? Or perhaps have option to toggle between the two options? Can you do that for us BlackBerry?
    Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 07:50 AM
    After seeing the two versions side by side I agree that growing numbers gives more information. I guess I prefer it but it's a strange thing because If I think logically about it, I still think that that growing Numbers doesn't give you much practical information. You still need to hit to week or day view to see what you day looks like.
    Oh well. I'm sure they'll bring it back.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 09:05 AM
    It's just a jumbled, cluttered stupid flat mess now.
    09-13-14 11:28 AM
    I've tweeted my displeasure to Michael Clewley. Not that it will do much good.

If BlackBerry is going to stick me with an iDroid UI, then there's other phones I can use.
    09-13-14 11:33 AM
    IMO, the 10.3 version is a little overwhelming, a little cluttered, a little "in your face". It's like staring into a flashlight. The massive numbers are information overload.

The calendar grid gives it more structure and helps to define the days better by separating them from each other. There's also more space below for the activities scheduled for the day.
    DocDRM likes this.
    09-25-14 12:16 PM
    yeah - 10.3 calendar is like trying to read an entire paragraph of email that is all caps and bolded and has little or no punctuation and you wish you could reach through your phone and smack the sender for doing that to you and they probably type text messages like that too and probably post comments on the internet in all caps and no punctuation in run on sentences

HA! CrackBerry over-rode my all caps attempt!
    09-25-14 05:33 PM
    Did anyone check the Calendar app settings to see if this feature was toglable under the "Growing Numbers" setting under the General tab like it was in 10.2.1:
    Does anyone else miss the Calendar "growing numbers" after using the 10.3-img_20141025_093633.png

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3337
    10-25-14 08:43 AM
    Did anyone check the Calendar app settings to see if this feature was toglable under the "Growing Numbers" setting under the General tab like it was in 10.2.1:

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3337
    Option has been removed totally.

In fact, 10.3.0 bolded future dates, but in 10.3.1 all dates are bold. All the visual cues are gone now.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 08:59 AM
    Correct. I was playing around with a Passport at the store and specifically looked for this. It's been removed.

I'm not sure where they're finding their focus groups but they need to stop with this regressive nonsense.
    10-25-14 12:35 PM
    Correct. I was playing around with a Passport at the store and specifically looked for this. It's been removed.

I'm not sure where they're finding their focus groups but they need to stop with this regressive nonsense.
    Oh no, that's ****. I love the calendar app in 10.2.1 and it's the most efficient calendar on the market. If they removed that my BlackBerry won't be as efficient anymore so I could just get an iPhone again.

I hope the developers are going to give the growing numbers back to the official 10.3.1 release.

Z30 STA100-2
    10-25-14 03:31 PM
    Might as well just buy an Android phone at this point. With the reliance on Android apps and the ever increasing borrowing of Android UI elements, BB10 is looking more and more like Android.

If I didn't really enjoy the hub and gestures, I'd probably have switched to an iPhone or Windows phone by now.
    10-25-14 03:39 PM
    I have to vote on the old calendar too. Not so much for the growing numbers, I didn't even notice that until it was brought up here. What I miss is the little dashes. I could look at the whole month and see if I had a business meeting in the morning or a social meeting in the evening or if there was an all day event. Now there's these coloured dots that tell me nothing except that I have something to do every day

?
    10-25-14 05:29 PM
    The reasoning behind the growing numbers is clever.

If you have a wall calendar you write things on, from a distance you can easily see what days are busier based on how much you have written. You don't even need to read the things, you can just tell from a glance. Well obviously you can't have all that showing on the month-view of the phone's calendar, but the growing numbers mimic the appearance of having more things written down for the day. Really it's brilliant simplicity. (Probably why Android users in the focus group couldn't figure it out... they like complicated and cluttered.)

They need to bring back the vertical gridlines too. When was the last time you saw a paper calendar without them?
    10-25-14 05:48 PM
    I'm so glad I saw this thread. I dislike the new calendar as well. No color coding. I do like that you can drag the calendar up and down to the next or previous month though. Pretty sure that was not on 10.2

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 07:51 PM
    How could they remove this feature?! Doesn't make sense at all.

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    10-25-14 07:57 PM
    Loved the growing numbers. Please put them back!!!!
    10-25-14 08:05 PM
    I'm so glad I saw this thread. I dislike the new calendar as well. No color coding. I do like that you can drag the calendar up and down to the next or previous month though. Pretty sure that was not on 10.2
    In 10.2, if you're in the month view you can swipe it side to side to get to the next/previous month. If you pull it down, it takes you to the year view with 6 months displayed.

How could they remove this feature?! Doesn't make sense at all.
    Because it probably confused the simpletons attending the focus group sessions.
    10-25-14 08:05 PM

In fact, 10.3.0 bolded future dates, but in 10.3.1 all dates are bold. All the visual cues are gone now.

Posted via CB10
    My apologies. I thought I had found something useful since I am not on 10.3+ yet. :-)
    10-25-14 08:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    Wtf for real?? What's wrong with the calendar team at BlackBerry??? Where are they finding their damn focus groups?!!

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 08:52 PM
123 12345