Can you please tell me if the update allows customising the led for notifications without the need for a third party app?

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 04:49 PM
    No, it doesn't.
    04-23-13 04:50 PM
    I hope BlackBerry release the API soon, thus Developers can really get their hands dirty and develop some serious apps that DON'T run in Active Frames...
    BerryWizard likes this.
    04-23-13 04:56 PM
    Thanks for the quick responses.
    Guess they wanted me to have something to look forward to in 10.2

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 04:57 PM
    Thanks for the quick responses.
    Guess they wanted me to have something to look forward to in 10.2

Posted via CB10
    It doesn't have to do with the software. BlackBerry 10 can already run headless apps i.e BBM, Google Talk, and Yahoo Messenger (Skype and Viber will have it too) . It's that BlackBerry hasn't given the tools to developers to let apps do that.

Posted with my AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    04-23-13 08:28 PM
    Can anyone tell me whether email has been fixed to allow for automatic BCC or some method of saving outgoing mails on the mail server (i.e. saving a copy in an IMAP/EAS "Sent-mail" mailbox) ?

Currently it's impossible to keep track of sent mail (unless one takes the time to go through the lengthy and error-prone procedure of adding an address as a BCC to every single sent email) which is a huge liability.
    04-24-13 01:00 AM
    It doesn't have to do with the software. BlackBerry 10 can already run headless apps i.e BBM, Google Talk, and Yahoo Messenger (Skype and Viber will have it too) . It's that BlackBerry hasn't given the tools to developers to let apps do that.

I'm not asking about headless apps
    I'm asking about led customising via the os

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 01:05 AM

Off topic but you are right.
    I have the montreal canadien app on my z10 and it is totally headless : when a game starts, it will send me a hub notification and also auto open the app at that moment (not through calendar, really from the app itself! ) and when their is a goal, it will also send me notifications (see above picture for today's game) and all that stuff while I never opened the app myself. So the api's are there, not available for all devs but they are definitely there since months.
    Does 10.1 have custom LED colors?-img_00000245.png

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 02:06 AM
    Off topic but you are right.
    I have the montreal canadien app on my z10 and it is totally headless : when a game starts, it will send me a hub notification and also auto open the app at that moment (not through calendar, really from the app itself! ) and when their is a goal, it will also send me notifications (see above picture for today's game) and all that stuff while I never opened the app myself. So the api's are there, not available for all devs but they are definitely there since months.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000245.png 
Views:	919 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	154540

Posted via CB10
    What your actually experiencing is push notifications.
    04-24-13 02:24 AM
    It's more than 2 months why blackberry is providing API to developers. I have purchased BeBuzz 10 and Hub++ and both are suffering from this problem. Developers have been crying that as soon as API becomes accesible, these would be made as native ones. Are BBRY not realising implications? its increasing frustrations to users and developers both.
    04-24-13 02:26 AM
    Its frustrating everytime to add BCC. I am expecting this would be available in 10.1. There was OS 10.1 leak but unfortunately, I am STL1-001 and this model was excluded from leak. Just have to wait till official release.
    04-24-13 02:30 AM
    It's more than 2 months why blackberry is providing API to developers. I have purchased BeBuzz 10 and Hub++ and both are suffering from this problem. Developers have been crying that as soon as API becomes accesible, these would be made as native ones. Are BBRY not realising implications? its increasing frustrations to users and developers both.
    I completely are with you where the frustration is concerned. But I think you need to understand that they don't want to make the same mistakes they did with the old legacy devices. They want to ensure that once they do release the necessary API's its done right with very strong control measures and no need to go back and do damage control.

I think it would be a lot more frustrating if they released it too soon with it only being half baked and you have certain developers just wanting to get on the platform release an app with poo poo code. You then buy this app come to find out its causing problems on your phone and you have to uninstall it. So hang tight its coming and hopefully will be implemented very well.

Here's a vid of Geordie Ferguson speaking on headless apps

Http://www.youtube.com/v/4vDztfxSdvE?rel=0
    04-24-13 03:50 AM
    What your actually experiencing is push notifications.
    Thanks, thought it was headless. Well, that's what I'm asking my other apps to do. Why didn't the devs put it in? Like why don't cb10 app notify me when a new message is available for me through the app instead of sending me an email?

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 05:41 AM
    Thanks, thought it was headless. Well, that's what I'm asking my other apps to do. Why didn't the devs put it in? Like why don't cb10 app notify me when a new message is available for me through the app instead of sending me an email?

Posted via CB10
    I think for cb10 they did that by design and I'm sure if they wanted they could add it for you to be notified in that app as well as the hub. Who knows this could be a feature on their roadmap. I figure that since the hub is the centralized location for all your massages and notifications. It just make sense to have it go there. Another thing is if you were solely get the notification in the app you would lose the ability to "Peek" to see where it was coming from.
    04-24-13 07:31 AM