Just want to know if any of you want to see BIS email back into the BB10?

I am not sure if it is possible but in my opinion this is what BB stands out from other crowd in email delivery.

If it is possible would you willing pay for the service?
    MTL likes this.
    03-19-13 09:38 PM
    Yes I would love to have it back. Data compression and BB in charge, but I think this was a deal with major carriers this way they get to charge more for data. Maybe this was a concession BB had to make?
    03-19-13 09:45 PM
    I am happy without it.

Life with LTE is so good. I couldn't imagine having it slowed down with bis bottleneck.

I used to have us/canada unlimited data. Now I just have 6gb Canada data, but that's ok cuz I can just grab a T mobile sim card for USA now. I get good 3G speeds faster than when I was using 3G on my 9900.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG, R_from_Toronto and BBJonbo like this.
    03-19-13 10:11 PM
    Nope.

BIS is part of the 'old' BlackBerry.
    I like the 'new' BlackBerry

Posted from the CB App on my White Zed 10
    tjseaman, DJRikko, web99 and 4 others like this.
    03-19-13 11:07 PM
    I will never miss BIS. I do agree I was very concerned when I first found out that BlackBerry 10 would do away with my beloved Data Compression and all of the other BIS goodies. With that being said, I upgraded my plan to a 3GB and haven't even made a dent. BIS only slowed the experience. Sure it was nice but it is ancient. It simply could not survive in a consumer world. The people want to consume and the carriers want them to consume so BlackBerry opened the door for us to enjoy our experience just a little bit more. The Z10 is way better without BIS.

Also for those who complain about losing the cheap data prices, carriers are doing their best to accommodate you. You shouldn't expect to not have to pay a little extra for such an experience. The Z10 is miniature computer and to expect it to use the same decade old tech like our old BlackBerry's is just nonsense.

Posted via CB10
    KemKev and BBJonbo like this.
    03-19-13 11:33 PM
    Nope.

BIS is part of the 'old' BlackBerry.
    I like the 'new' BlackBerry

Posted from the CB App on my White Zed 10
    Couldn't have said it better.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 11:47 PM
    if theres no more push email from gmail then i would want BIS back
    03-20-13 12:02 AM
    if theres no more push email from gmail then i would want BIS back
    There is push email with Gmail without BIS. I'm using IMAP IDLE, and my emails come in instantaneously.

No, I don't want BIS back. I like that I don't need a specific plan, and changing pins with the carrier, etc etc.
    BBJonbo likes this.
    03-20-13 12:10 AM
    Nope, don't need it.

Sorry OP, I know yours is not a complaint, but I'm going to vent anyway:

All these people complaining about BIS need to shut it and get with the program already! What are you going to do? Quit BlackBerry and go to another device that NEVER had anything like it... ever? Go ahead, don't get your BB10 phone because you wouldn't pay $70/mth with it, and go with the iPhone, and pay $70/mth instead. Same difference chumps, so get over it already. Are you angry that you have to pay more? Well then my friends, a smartphone is not for you... or better yet, stay with your old device, and stop complaining to us who love our Z10.

Is it a valid complaint? Debatable, but at the end of the day fast internet trumps getting your email in 5 seconds instead of 2. Would I pay for that? Seriously? And on that same "payment" note.... I had a decent data plan, which I upgraded b/c I knew I would need the extra data... How? I did research and wasn't surprised to know that I needed more,. and now I I have a great data plan. Furthermore, I talked to my carrier and they hooked me up with a great deal, so it's a great data plan and at a great price. So rather than complain, explore your options with carriers. It's not BB's fault that in order to survive and compete, they have to change their business approach. Read my signature for more on this.

Rant over.
    03-20-13 12:27 AM
    What I liked in BIS.
    - Able to forward email with large attachments without downloading them into the phone, especially in poor wireless coverage area where your services is reduced to GPRS.
    - Able to view Office document without actually downloading it.

Dislike
    - Contact sync over BIS. It sucks.
    03-20-13 12:54 AM
    Nope, BIS as it was known is a portion of what crippled BlackBerry. Crappy compressed images, crappy compressed video, slow arse web browsing, weird attachment limits, emails stop dead when NOC has issues..

Ya, I really miss it.
    BlackBerry Guy, web99 and Omnitech like this.
    03-20-13 01:01 AM
    NO. BIS is so last decade.
    03-20-13 01:59 AM
    Yes, I do want it back. Compression is valuable. It's a phone for f___'s sake, you don't need HD streaming video. Go watch that on a TV.

Email is a nightmare without BIS. They've killed off automatic backup with BB Protect. No more "social" plans without data.

It may be "old" and the other platforms didn't have it, but an improved BIS experience would have been a major differentiating factor and unique selling point. BIS could have lived happily alongside EAS for email services.

BlackBerry has dropped the ball with BIS and they dropped the ball with Outlook desktop sync. Not much has changed since the release of the PlayBook. Everything is half-baked and poorly thought out.
    afl777 and retomex like this.
    03-20-13 02:03 AM
    I'd pay extra to have it back for the following reasons: compression, roaming, faster on 2G networks, battery life push email for pop3 accounts.

BIS was one of the things I loved about BlackBerry in the first place.
    PiotrJot and afl777 like this.
    03-20-13 02:23 AM
    I would LOVE to see BIS back. More for the data compression than for anything else. The extra security would definitely be a nice bonus too though.

Edit: And yes I'd pay an extra $5 or so for this.
    afl777 likes this.
    03-20-13 02:26 AM
    I haven't decided if I'm buying a new battery for my 9800, replacing it with a 9900 or getting a Z10.

BlackBerry is dead to me without BIS.
    03-20-13 02:33 AM
    Clinging to the past is the problem. Embracing change is the answer.--Gloria Steinem
    web99 and pili4 like this.
    03-20-13 02:36 AM
    Clinging to the past is the problem. Embracing change is the answer.--Gloria Steinem
    If you don't want BIS, there's an iDroid for that.
    03-20-13 02:43 AM
    I don't miss not having BIS now that I have upgraded to my Z10.

I still remember those massive outages and BIS single point of failure architecture that meant a much larger amount of customers impacted and email not working whenever NOC went down.

For me BIS meant much slower browsing, stupid limits on emails and attachments, compressed images, videos, etc. It may have worked in 2000, but nowadays consumers are not willing to put up with those restrictions.

I can now fully enjoy the LTE without those stupid restrictions and the slowdown due to the BIS bottleneck.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    03-20-13 03:13 AM
    I don't miss not having BIS now that I have upgraded to my Z10.

I still remember those massive outages and BIS single point of failure architecture that meant a much larger amount of customers impacted whenever NOC went down.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    Haha... was now going to say the same... earlier i came across a thread about an outage "anyone able to send BBM?" type question... brought back some memories where if you didn't see that little "D" next to a BBM we'd all rush to CB and see what's the deal if anyone else was experiencing the same issue in close proximity! In my mind i was like thank god I don't have to deal with that anymore...

Don't miss that for sure... and, other carriers (in the Caribbean atleast, have some weird plans for BBRY, keeping in mind BB10 isn't launched yet --> 5GB data plan for 4G only (per month) or by doing a 1GB 4G plan per week. Didn't like this at all, I mean how can a legacy OS BB using BIS even pass 1GB??. However, their regular data plans for iOS/Android for instance has 1GB, 2GB, 5GB (per month) etc.. so i find it alot more convenient to chose 1GB or 2GB plan/month.
    03-20-13 03:19 AM
    Haha... was now going to say the same... earlier i came across a thread about an outage "anyone able to send BBM?" type question... brought back some memories where if you didn't see that little "D" next to a BBM we'd all rush to CB and see what's the deal if anyone else was experiencing the same issue in close proximity! In my mind i was like thank god I don't have to deal with that anymore...

Don't miss that for sure... and, other carriers (in the Caribbean atleast, have some weird plans for BBRY, keeping in mind BB10 isn't launched yet --> 5GB data plan for 4G only (per month) or by doing a 1GB 4G plan per week. Didn't like this at all, I mean how can a legacy OS BB using BIS even pass 1GB??. However, their regular data plans for iOS/Android for instance has 1GB, 2GB, 5GB (per month) etc.. so i find it alot more convenient to chose 1GB or 2GB plan/month.
    You realize bbm still goes trough the NOC and a NOC outage will still interrupt bbm services.
    03-20-13 03:30 AM
    If you don't want BIS, there's an iDroid for that.
    Haha..Hello!? Its funny to me that the same people who were singing the Bis praise not too long ago, now dismiss it as 10 year old tech, and preach that folks need to "get with the times."

Hilarious.

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    03-20-13 03:48 AM
    Well if you owned a BlackBerry phone for any of the last few years then you would be guilty of the very words you preach.

Its okay though. What's happening here is, as BlackBerry breaks free from the chains of denial, so does its customer base.

Let's try not to throw stones when we live in a glass house though....

03-20-13 03:56 AM
    Haha..Hello!? Its funny to me that the same people who were singing the Bis praise not too long ago, now dismiss it as 10 year old tech, and preach that folks need to "get with the times."

Hilarious.

How did you get that from what he said? Most of us still want BIS, I'd pay extra to have it.
    03-20-13 03:59 AM
    Yes I would love to have it back. Data compression and BB in charge, but I think this was a deal with major carriers this way they get to charge more for data. Maybe this was a concession BB had to make?
    Yes, I believe BIS was discontinued on BB10 due to carriers requests to charge more for data traffic. I don't think it has any chance of coming back.
    03-20-13 04:04 AM
103 123 ...