10-13-14 08:30 PM
34 12
tools
    IPhone by default is "sent from iphone" was a trend started by Steve Jobs on purpose to promote iPhone. On my z30, my emails were still the iPhone one when I migrated over, but have since changed them to "sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone" I wanted to promoted bb10 specifically in mine.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-14 06:55 PM
    IPhone by default is "sent from iphone" was a trend started by Steve Jobs on purpose to promote iPhone. On my z30, my emails were still the iPhone one when I migrated over, but have since changed them to "sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone" I wanted to promoted bb10 specifically in mine.

Posted via CB10
    Not true at all, my very first BlackBerry (957) would always add 'Sent from my BlackBerry' at the end of every message. It goes back much further than the iPhone, though Steve Jobs probably would say he invented that signature.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 05:30 AM
    No. I always turn it off. Who cares what device my email and post came from. It came from me, no matter what the device is.
    05-20-14 06:16 AM
    I guess I worded it wrong. Not "email" functionality, but limited functionality unlike using a computer.

So that default signature is a way of telling you are in a mobile phone so the recipient should not expect you some hard-core task like using photoshop right away or something.

Posted via CB10
    That's my thinking as well. I use "'My Business' Mobile" for business communications and "From my Batphone" for all others. I usually add that I will elaborate if I need to as soon as I get to a fully functional device or my Mac.
    07-14-14 07:22 AM
    No. I always turn it off. Who cares what device my email and post came from. It came from me, no matter what the device is.
    If you are replying to a client, as in my case, it lets them know that I am not at a space where I can access their photos or video to comment or make changes. I attach "Mobile" to the end of my responses to let the reader know this.

Otherwise, I would agree. If you don't have clients to respond to, readers would know, or not need to know, that you are in the field.
    10-13-14 08:28 AM
    I have to. Comply with company branding. I do how ever sneak and the Blackberry logo into my signature.
    10-13-14 07:23 PM
    I don't use auto signatures. I've set up variations of signatures as auto text entries, and add them as appropriate. "sgf" = Full sig, "sgs" = sig with summer hours etc. Far easier for me.

And no, there's no way to set a global change for email font colour. You'd have to change it on each message you send. (At least at this time.)
    Can't believe I have never thought of this, what a great idea!

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 07:48 PM
    I don't use auto signatures. I've set up variations of signatures as auto text entries, and add them as appropriate. "sgf" = Full sig, "sgs" = sig with summer hours etc. Far easier for me.)
    I can't believe I have never thought to try this, what a great idea!

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 07:50 PM
    For the first couple months with my Q10, I left the default auto signature as "Sent from my BlackBerry Q10" that came from the factory, but I am contemplating just getting rid of the whole auto signature thing.

Do users normally use the auto signature for their emails?

I do sometimes see "Sent from my Iphone" from some emails I get. I just don't see the point of specifying that in emails.

Also about BB emails, is there anyway to have the black letter color as default when sending emails from the phone instead of the blue color?
    I change mine to match the email account and every device I have accessing the account use the same signature and formatting. Personal has my name, email, and personal mobile number. Work has my name, title, company name, work email, and work mobile number. I keep the redundant email address info on there as it comes in handy sometimes when an email gets forwarded a bit and has the address stripped. I used to setup long signatures with addresses, fax numbers, etc. but I minimized to its current setup. I dislike long, complicated, specially formatted signatures.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.0.1052
    10-13-14 08:30 PM
34 12