For the first couple months with my Q10, I left the default auto signature as "Sent from my BlackBerry Q10" that came from the factory, but I am contemplating just getting rid of the whole auto signature thing.

Do users normally use the auto signature for their emails?

I do sometimes see "Sent from my Iphone" from some emails I get. I just don't see the point of specifying that in emails.

Also about BB emails, is there anyway to have the black letter color as default when sending emails from the phone instead of the blue color?
    05-15-14 03:31 PM
    I don't use auto signatures. I've set up variations of signatures as auto text entries, and add them as appropriate. "sgf" = Full sig, "sgs" = sig with summer hours etc. Far easier for me.

And no, there's no way to set a global change for email font colour. You'd have to change it on each message you send. (At least at this time.)
    05-15-14 03:36 PM
    I just have the default. I keep forgetting to change it. Now I will.
    I think most just don't think about it and the default is what they use.
    05-15-14 03:37 PM
    Yes!

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 03:47 PM
    I remember getting mildly irritated looking at email signatures that read " Sent from my iPhone ". It's as if they were bragging about owning an iPhone.

After I got my Z30, I thought of getting rid of the signature. But, I decided otherwise after thinking about the small possibility of triggering people's curiosity about BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    saxxman likes this.
    05-15-14 03:50 PM
    I do, but I am not using the default signature.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    05-15-14 03:55 PM
    I use it.

For my home email, I have my name and professional association, then the default for the Z10. Except that it ended with the word "smartphone". I took that off.

For my work exchange account, I use the one we use for all email, except that it can't have the special formatting - which they know about, so it's no big deal. All the iPhone and Android phones in the office can't do it either. In fact, they removed the logo image some time ago for that reason.

All I have added below the office signature is the same "Sent from my BlackBerry Z10" that I have for my home email.

It's basically a show-off line, I know. But I keep using it to help keep awareness of BlackBerry up, if nothing else.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 05:30 PM
    I do use auto signature, but edited to my desired sig. It doesn't mention BlackBerry.
    My work email has my name, position, and contact info. My personal accounts have a simple, informal sig.
    05-15-14 05:39 PM
    For me it's Sent from my BlackBerry Z10

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 05:47 PM
    I do the same thing Elessar does. I use AutoText / Word Substitution with various signatures stored and accessed via shortcuts.

I DO also leave the default signature, with an edit to indicate I'm mobile.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 05:52 PM
    Yes, but a customized one, not the default.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 05:55 PM
    The purpose of the default signature is to inform the recipient that you are using a mobile device, hence you may be experiencing limited email functionality for the moment.

Posted via CB10
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-15-14 06:12 PM
    The purpose of the default signature is to inform the recipient that you are using a mobile device, hence you may be experiencing limited email functionality for the moment.
    Posted via CB10
    I disagree. The default sig is for promoting a device. My phone is pretty much my primary device for handling email. I don't feel limited by it.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    05-15-14 06:21 PM
    I wish we could set the signature with 'bold' letters and also that the signature doesn't appear automatically in the replying message. When I answer a message I always have to take the signature off the message.

By the way, I left the 'sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone' so everyone knows that i'm proud to be a BlackBerry user.

BBM channel: C0040FF4D..... Proudly Z10 owner...
    05-15-14 06:24 PM
    I remember getting mildly irritated looking at email signatures that read " Sent from my iPhone ". It's as if they were bragging about owning an iPhone.
    Yeah, I was always tempted to reply with the signature "Sent from my Dell laptop still running Windows XP ..." (but never did)

I find these signature somehow embarrassing, so the more or less first thing I always do on any new phone is to get rid of this and replace it with my normal signature 'Cheers xyz' resp. 'Regards xyz'
    05-15-14 06:36 PM
    I have a separate business and personal signature that are identical to my personal and business signature from my Web Mail.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 07:28 PM
    I disagree. The default sig is for promoting a device. My phone is pretty much my primary device for handling email. I don't feel limited by it.
    I guess I worded it wrong. Not "email" functionality, but limited functionality unlike using a computer.

So that default signature is a way of telling you are in a mobile phone so the recipient should not expect you some hard-core task like using photoshop right away or something.

Posted via CB10
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-15-14 08:00 PM
    I guess I worded it wrong. Not "email" functionality, but limited functionality unlike using a computer.

So that default signature is a way of telling you are in a mobile phone so the recipient should not expect you some hard-core task like using photoshop right away or something.

Posted via CB10
    I see, but the phone manufacturer is not relevant, and I find it a little cheesy. I don't care what kind of phone an email came from, and I'm sure no one cares what kind of phone mine came from. But in my account settings under "Display Name", I have my email address followed by (Mobile). On my desktop I have my Reply To address as my email address followed by (Desktop). That is what people see when emails from me are looked at, so it is not necessary in the sig.
    05-15-14 09:45 PM
    I do

Via Z10
    05-15-14 10:00 PM
    I use "Sent from my BlackBerry Z10". For some reason, BlackBerry decided to use HTML format with small, blue characters. I don't want people to think that I actually bothered to make my characters look like that on Outlook.

That, and I still promote Z10

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.2141
    05-15-14 10:19 PM
    This is mine.

'Sent from my SECURED BlackBerry 10 smartphone.'

Though the word SECURED Is somewhat arguable in a BB10 sense, I still put it in my email to show BlackBerry as a serious phone.
    And I'm using it.

Posted via Astro on Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.2947
    05-15-14 10:47 PM
    Okay, I will set mine as "Sent from BlackBerry Q10, a tool not a toy" just to mess with you guys. Haha

Also, I really wish that BlackBerry adds the option to have colors other than blue to have as default color for the mail.
    05-16-14 06:34 PM

Many people use the default signature not to promote their devices but to inform recipients why there might be typos.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    05-16-14 06:44 PM

Posted via CB10

The mobile device signatures also help clarify why a response might be brief, compared to a lengthy response when someone uses a desktop PC.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    05-16-14 06:47 PM
    Yes for work but not for my personal - I remove the sent from my bb....

Posted via CB10
    05-16-14 06:49 PM
34 12