I'm always always always using it. I always use it to arrange my videos, photos, music, and make it easier to find each one of my documents.
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    01-25-15 12:42 AM
    He was using a Samsung Galaxy S5. He's never used BB10 so I don't know what is opinion of the file manager in it. I think Android stuff is messy in BB10, but I don't know how much of that is Android vs Android spliced into BB10. I don't have it in front of me, but on an older Android phone I was playing with from work (and since gave to my daughter), I thought there was some confusion of local vs SD card location (like, local storage was called SDcard0 or something?). I may be completely off there, or maybe it is something that has since changed.
    I believe you are correct with regards to how Android labels external and internal (post-GB?). He must have been using the Samsung File Manager.
    01-25-15 12:51 AM
    I use the BlackBerry File Manager for Device, SD Card, DropBox, and OneDrive - and the absolutely fabulous Files & Folders for SugarSync (my main cloud account) and anything clever....
    01-25-15 06:33 AM
    All.the.time.

I can't see myself not using it...

Posted via my SEXY RED PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    01-25-15 06:36 AM
    I use file manager often.

I see other people with iPhones talking about jail breaking them. And Samsung users talking about routing. It's painful to listen to all they have to do. It's as if they're in kindergarten and the teacher won't let them play with the cool toys.
    Gatmyer likes this.
    01-25-15 06:55 AM
    I can never use a phone without a file manager.

Posted via CB10
    exactly! I use mine 100x a day!
    01-25-15 07:32 AM
    Coming from Symbian, yes, I use it all the time.
    01-25-15 08:04 AM
    A very interesting view and yet a rebuttal that I have.

Will reply later. Mobile right now.

Posted via CB10
    Mobile Now,... That's Funny!!
    01-25-15 08:15 AM
    By the way, It's one of the most useful parts of my Z30. I have at least 150 file folders sorted for my work. I really enjoy using blend with it. Just seems to be something I use multiple times a day without even thinking about it. Talk about simple. I'm not sure how to get along without. My co-worker has a S5 and he hates his file manager, always losing files not sure where they are. Even down to the point of it messing up his SD card and losing files. So BB File Manager just does the job right. IMHO
    01-25-15 08:20 AM
    I use BB10's native File Manager all the time. Especially when I copy a couple of directories from an OS X or Windows device. It's easier for me to remove the crap .ini and/or .db files on the BB than OS X or Windows.
    01-25-15 08:37 AM
    I use file manager all the time. Reduces how often I need to fire up my laptop. It allows me to work from family events, kids soccer games, and other things I may otherwise have to miss.

Can someone tell me how you access files in iOS? I just don't get it.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 09:14 AM
    The hell I do. I pity iOS users :-D
    01-25-15 09:29 AM
    Coming from Symbian, yes, I use it all the time.
    I found the file manager on my Symbian OS phones very useful and feel the same way about the file managers on my Z10 and Z30.

One of the major problems (IMHO) with BB's misexecution of the Playbook was that it was never provided a decent native file manager. I downloaded other file managers but it was still a pain (if not impossible) to attach certain files to email messages that the native file manager didn't put in one of its baked-in folders.

Having to **** around with file manager workarounds made Thorsten's (or whatever his name is) words about BB and mobile computing an example of hot air.
    01-25-15 09:29 AM
    I'm always always always using it. I always use it to arrange my videos, photos, music, and make it easier to find each one of my documents.
    Exactly~!
    01-25-15 10:50 AM
    By the way, It's one of the most useful parts of my Z30. I have at least 150 file folders sorted for my work. I really enjoy using blend with it. Just seems to be something I use multiple times a day without even thinking about it. Talk about simple. I'm not sure how to get along without. My co-worker has a S5 and he hates his file manager, always losing files not sure where they are. Even down to the point of it messing up his SD card and losing files. So BB File Manager just does the job right. IMHO
    The BB file manager strikes a good balance between iOS and Android: well-tailored for the mobile environment.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    GSM-S likes this.
    01-25-15 12:15 PM
    It is a must have app for me. It provides advanced file management and better organization. It is one of the reasons why I won't ever get an iPhone (terrible file management).

Posted using the CB app on my Z10 (10.2.1)
    01-25-15 02:34 PM
    I use the file manager to sort pictures, and media generally. In an attempt to move things off of the device as much as possible, I have inadvertently made inoperable my camera, and made unplayable som music. Have searched and searched for help/guides to optimize where media files are placed. It would be wonderful to have an optimizing template to set up the file structure. Does anyone have some insight as to this. Some of my files have become seriously I'm bedded especially under android folders. I don't know how this happened. But I want to streamline without functionality loss.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 07:23 PM
    I have restored camera function, but music, ringtones, and pictures and their placement are a mess...

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 07:25 PM
    Nope!

I don't even know what it does, it looks confusing, so I just hide it in some folder.
    01-25-15 08:37 PM
69 123