Have tried to go to "Device Connection" to delete them from there. Tap and hold till the side window come out. There will be an option to delete

From Classic
    Tried that and it just says "failed" when I try to delete it. No worries. I'm sure when I install the next OS, it'll be fixed.

But back to how great it is to have a decent file manager. I like that is has Zip/Unzip functions built-in.

Frosty white Q10/10.3.1.2072
    01-23-15 09:03 PM
    Tried that and it just says "failed" when I try to delete it. No worries. I'm sure when I install the next OS, it'll be fixed.

But back to how great it is to have a decent file manager. I like that is has Zip/Unzip functions built-in.

Try changing your BBID password and wait a few days.

Posted via CB10
    jope28 likes this.
    01-23-15 09:54 PM
    Everyday. Very good app!

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 11:23 PM
    Without a file manager, the phone is never a smartphone and never a pocket computer. That is one of the reasons I ditched iPhone for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    HighFlight88 likes this.
    01-24-15 12:00 AM
    Yes. BlackBerry have good file manager than any other out there. Easy to use and access.

Posted via readers chamber on 14 th street.
    01-24-15 12:11 AM
    I've used the File Manager since my Android days. But while apps like Astro File Manager used to be cartoonish, clunky, ad-infested, third-party software, BlackBerry 10's File Manager has been smooth and a pleasure to use since day one.

Q10/10.3.1.821
    01-24-15 12:57 AM
    An excellent tool
    01-24-15 03:23 AM
    Have tried to go to "Device Connection" to delete them from there. Tap and hold till the side window come out. There will be an option to delete

From Classic
    Worked like a charm, thanks)

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 04:26 AM
    Use all the time.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 06:56 AM
    Always all days, all weeks, file manager is the best of the best of our OS10
    01-24-15 08:46 AM
    I use it a lot and would be disappointed if my BB didn't have it.
    01-24-15 10:34 AM
    It's a hugely overlooked but amazing tool.

I use it constantly to move files between my PC, laptop, & clouds (especially OneDrive)

I love how I can access use/watch a file that's on a system miles away without moving the file.

I usually find it more convenient then my laptop

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 11:02 AM
    yes, yes, yes!!

can't imagine using a phone/tablet without a file manager.
    HighFlight88 likes this.
    01-24-15 11:14 AM
    The file manager is where it's at. Things should be data-centric. I want to view or edit a file, I don't care what app is used, I only care that I have to access the file. The whole idea of having to open an app first, and then pick the file to modify is antiquated and laughable. I really should not have to know what app is required. Microsoft and blackberry seem to be the only ones doing this out of the box. Android and iOS have some serious catching up to do, in user experience.

Posted via CB10
    amclanejr likes this.
    01-24-15 01:08 PM
    I use it everyday.

Via CB10 - Z30
    01-24-15 01:13 PM
    All the time

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    01-24-15 01:44 PM
    An essential tool for me. I send files back and forth on Box daily, and occasionally on my desktop. It feels like a mobile version of Windows Explorer, with most of the functionality.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    01-24-15 05:06 PM
    The file manager is great on BB10. Its one of the most annoying things about android, which I am enjoying even though it's missing it. I like my Nexus 6 very much but I don't want to use a third party to manage files on my mobile computer. Every OS should do what BB does in this area.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-24-15 05:11 PM
    I don't think I could ever use a phone without a file manager. It's bad enough trying to find a single file on my ipod.

I don't understand why it's seen as out dated, it's organised and it works, if we use this system on our laptops why not use it on our mobiles???

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 05:29 PM
    I use it a lot. Back up lots of stuff to my 64gig SD-card as well (using Backup Pro app).

My only complaint (which I'm guessing is due to me running a leaked OS) is that the remote devices on my File Manager are duplicating and impossible to delete. Have tried logging out, changing bb-id passwords, removing from settings/devices and all that lol.

Can't imagine not having a file manager. It was my biggest gripe with the PlayBook. Had to use an android one on my PlayBook.

Attachment 329249

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/34530914

Max File Shredder may be what you're looking for.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 05:43 PM
    I can't imagine not having a file manager.

Having said that, the BlackBerry file manager does hide a few things here and there to make it seem a bit less of a mess. If you use PlayCloud or one of those Android file managers then you will see some extra stuff that I suppose could confuse some users.

But yeah... my entire mental "idea" of a computing device revolves around hierarchical folder structures available in all desktop computing OS's (and the internet) since the beginning of (my) time.

I'm not sure how people survive in iOS without jailbreaking to get some sort of file manager/explorer functionality. I mean... I guess you just open files via their respective apps without ever seeing what's under the hood.

Posted via CB10
    My understanding is IOS users use Dropbox somehow to access files.

I refuse to use libraries on a windows machine. I want to know where my files are located and don't need abstraction. This is obviously important when you have multiple drives.

Anyway, I use the file manager on BB10 and hope there is no plan to get rid of it.

The only file abstraction I do is for RAID on a desktop. But at least there is a benefit to that. I can't see any reason to not have a file manager.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 06:53 PM
    Absolutely I use the file manager. With Dropbox and Box integration, it's great. I was talking with my friend who tried an Android and moved back to iOS, and the reason he didn't like the file manager in Android is because how messy the folder structure is in Android. I like to know where my files are, although I do appreciate also having the ability to see all photos in one place regardless of where they are at. It's a power-user thing I think.
    01-24-15 11:13 PM
    Absolutely I use the file manager. With Dropbox and Box integration, it's great. I was talking with my friend who tried an Android and moved back to iOS, and the reason he didn't like the file manager in Android is because how messy the folder structure is in Android. I like to know where my files are, although I do appreciate also having the ability to see all photos in one place regardless of where they are at. It's a power-user thing I think.
    Messy?

What skin/app was he using?

BB10 file manager is nice, and being built-in is fantastic (as-is remote access).

All I'd like is GDrive access...
    grover5 likes this.
    01-24-15 11:49 PM
    I wouldn't know what to do without one. I would rather go into the File Manager and select a bunch of different filetypes to transfer over via BB Link than open several separate apps. It makes organizing things way easier for me.
    01-24-15 11:58 PM
    Messy?

What skin/app was he using?

BB10 file manager is nice, and being built-in is fantastic (as-is remote access).

All I'd like is GDrive access...
    He was using a Samsung Galaxy S5. He's never used BB10 so I don't know what is opinion of the file manager in it. I think Android stuff is messy in BB10, but I don't know how much of that is Android vs Android spliced into BB10. I don't have it in front of me, but on an older Android phone I was playing with from work (and since gave to my daughter), I thought there was some confusion of local vs SD card location (like, local storage was called SDcard0 or something?). I may be completely off there, or maybe it is something that has since changed.
    01-25-15 12:36 AM
69 123