I mean look how successful Android is. When I visit a well known android device manufacturers website I read this:

"
    If you�ve heard about file managers or file explorers and have been left scratching your head, it�s likely you�re trying to access files on your device.

If you�ve added an microSD card and are wondering how you can use these files on it, then that�s exactly what a file manager is for.

Be warned, file managers are a throw back to old-school desktop PCs, they show the raw unfiltered mess that lies behind the welcoming face of the Android screens.
    "

So me with my dodgy 90s dress sense, BlackBerry in my pocket and keyboard fetish, I waist valuable time arranging files on my sd card I could have spend being bombarded with ad ware crap?
    Am I deluded about the need for a file manger or wot?

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 03:43 PM
    I can't imagine not having a file manager.

Having said that, the BlackBerry file manager does hide a few things here and there to make it seem a bit less of a mess. If you use PlayCloud or one of those Android file managers then you will see some extra stuff that I suppose could confuse some users.

But yeah... my entire mental "idea" of a computing device revolves around hierarchical folder structures available in all desktop computing OS's (and the internet) since the beginning of (my) time.

I'm not sure how people survive in iOS without jailbreaking to get some sort of file manager/explorer functionality. I mean... I guess you just open files via their respective apps without ever seeing what's under the hood.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 03:50 PM
    I use it a ton.

Not only to store and arrange on my device but also to manage box, dropbox, onedrive and access my laptop when I'm away from home.

I couldn't believe it when I asked friends with iphones how they do it. They all said they just email themselves and when they need the document they check their email for it!!? Whaat? Is this normal? Haha

Posted via CB10
    raino and AnimalPak200 like this.
    01-23-15 03:57 PM
    It's a must-have.

Posted via CB10
    IamLadyK and Denny_Crane like this.
    01-23-15 04:01 PM
    I use it all the time. Every day. It is essential to the mobile experience

Posted via CB10
    HighFlight88 and Denny_Crane like this.
    01-23-15 04:27 PM
    I use File Manager a lot!
    01-23-15 04:30 PM
    Its probably just my OCD, but I use it almost daily...
    01-23-15 04:39 PM
    I use it a lot, but how do you guys see your one drive files in the file manager?

I use the one drive app from snap.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 04:41 PM
    I use it a lot, but how do you guys see your one drive files in the file manager?

I use the one drive app from snap.

Posted via CB10
    No way... use the native one, works perfectly!

Check out Connect to Microsoft OneDrive in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/48168

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 04:46 PM
    I use it constantly. Especially because I have my PC's set to share files with my Z30. This way i can access stuff on them and not have to have everything on my phone taking it valuable space

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 04:56 PM
    It's hugely overlooked but an amazing tool.

I use it constantly to move files between my work PC, personal laptop, clouds and to also share links via said clouds.

Love how I can use/watch a file that's on a system miles away without moving the file.

Less and less need for a laptop now I have my passport!

Via CB10 from Scotland using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    01-23-15 04:57 PM
    No way... use the native one, works perfectly!

Check out Connect to Microsoft OneDrive in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/48168

Posted via CB10
    I had searched for it a while ago and didn't find it. Thanks for sharing.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 05:54 PM
    I use File Manager at least 4-5 times daily on my Passport and in my opinion, it is one of the most underrated and maybe one of the best apps on the device. It is SO well put together that I hardly use my laptop anymore.
    HighFlight88 likes this.
    01-23-15 06:02 PM
    Definitely use it; easy access to shared files on my laptop and OneDrive. Love it.
    01-23-15 06:10 PM
    I use it a lot. Back up lots of stuff to my 64gig SD-card as well (using Backup Pro app).

My only complaint (which I'm guessing is due to me running a leaked OS) is that the remote devices on my File Manager are duplicating and impossible to delete. Have tried logging out, changing bb-id passwords, removing from settings/devices and all that lol.

Can't imagine not having a file manager. It was my biggest gripe with the PlayBook. Had to use an android one on my PlayBook.

Attachment 329249

Frosty white Q10/10.3.1.2072
    01-23-15 07:02 PM
    I use the file manager almost every day, because I can handle mixed content (pictures, excel sheets, pdfs... you name it) easily.
    01-23-15 07:05 PM
    Yep, quite a bit

From Classic
    01-23-15 07:11 PM
    I use it a lot. Back up lots of stuff to my 64gig SD-card as well (using Backup Pro app).

My only complaint (which I'm guessing is due to me running a leaked OS) is that the remote devices on my File Manager are duplicating and impossible to delete. Have tried logging out, changing bb-id passwords, removing from settings/devices and all that lol.

Can't imagine not having a file manager. It was my biggest gripe with the PlayBook. Had to use an android one on my PlayBook.

Attachment 329249

Frosty white Q10/10.3.1.2072
    Have tried to go to "Device Connection" to delete them from there. Tap and hold till the side window come out. There will be an option to delete

From Classic
    amclanejr likes this.
    01-23-15 07:16 PM
    I use daily. The best app.
    HighFlight88 likes this.
    01-23-15 07:46 PM
    I can never use a phone without a file manager.

Posted via CB10
    HighFlight88 likes this.
    01-23-15 07:54 PM
    I don't use it a great deal but it comes in handy for documents and photos. During my trip to Europe, I bought a USB OTG cable (try explaining that one in Spanish to store owners!) and regularly saved the photos and videos from my camera to another usb stick using the file manager in case I lost my camera.
    01-23-15 08:00 PM
    It's a must-have.

Posted via CB10
    A very interesting view and yet a rebuttal that I have.

Will reply later. Mobile right now.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 08:04 PM
    A very interesting view and yet a rebuttal that I have.

Will reply later. Mobile right now.

Posted via CB10
    Rebuttal away, it won't have any bearing on my view.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 08:09 PM
    rarely. i prefer use super file manager pro and sometimes use total commander instead.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 08:32 PM
    The file manager saved my bacon yesterday as I am on vacation atm. I copied my entire work folder to my passport as a precaution before I left and received an email that required an immediate response. I proceeded to pull up pdf's and cad files (acad360) took screen shots and responded from my hotel balcony. Gona put a whole weeks time in for that one.

The file manager is a must!

Posted via CB10
    HighFlight88 likes this.
    01-23-15 08:57 PM
69 123