If the BlackBerry Venice Run on android... It's the end of BlackBerry for me... it will be the same thing that we can found on other phones..

And, i'm the only hater about the keyboard slide?

I'm really sorry for my bad english and i hope you understand my remark !

Posted via CB10
    lift and sergio_can like this.
    09-15-15 04:55 PM
    OP, your English is just fine.

As for the Slider, I will reserve judgment until the final product is officially released.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2474 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    Nick Spagnolo and Blacklatino like this.
    09-15-15 05:13 PM
    This doesn't make any sense. If you don't like Android and the Venice will run on it - just don't buy it.
    As of today all the 'knowledge' about Venice are rumors. The Venice could come with an offering to either run BB10 or Android. But we don't know.

Android plays an important role in John Chen's plans - that is my believe. Will this mean that BB will jump ship on BB10? No.

If it is the sliding keyboard that you don't like - don't buy it and wait for the Passport 2

So let's wait for the official announcements and keep rocking your BB10 device ;-)
    09-15-15 05:15 PM
    OP, your English is just fine.

As for the Slider, I will reserve judgment until the final product is officially released.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2474 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    CB didn't bother waiting. Slider forum moved to Android.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.2.2239
    09-15-15 08:15 PM
    If the android BlackBerry slider flops, then there will be no more BlackBerry hardware. I personally dont want BlackBerry to go android but I guess they tried everything else except ios. Maybe thats plan B lol

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2639
    09-15-15 08:43 PM
    It definitely will......unless it doesn't.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.2.2239
    09-15-15 09:03 PM
    I, don't liked slider keyboard too!seen to be full touched screen, no point has keyboard and increase thickness and load of phone. Mine tot BlackBerry venice is not running core Android OS ,BlackBerry has owned BlackBerry 10, can't make sense using android system and the possibility is hybrid system OS is enable to operate android apps. I seen that BlackBerry is term of commercial method to promotion BlackBerry device using "Name android" .

Z10/STL100-2 ***OS 2639***
    09-15-15 09:06 PM
    The end? Who knows - especially if sales are not better than current numbers.
    09-16-15 08:18 AM
    Reborn!

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 08:25 AM
    I don't think BlackBerry will die. Things will just be different.
    09-16-15 09:32 AM
    What an odd question.

First off, the device business is not BlackBerry as a whole.

Second, the device business is already dead with BB10. This is a last ditch effort to kickstart it again. Worst case: it doesn't work and the device business ceases at it would have already.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    Blacklatino likes this.
    09-16-15 09:34 AM
    ''Blackberry OS, which saw a small increase in some regions, continued to decline in growth globally.''

http://www.idc.com/prodserv/smartpho...rket-share.jsp (Smartphone OS Market Share in Unit Shipments, 2015 Q2)

Attachment 371229
    http://www.idc.com/prodserv/smartpho...rket-share.png

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 09:41 AM
    With a 0.5% marketshare all that would be left are BB diehard fans. But then it still decreases to 0.3%. That tells me diehard fans are leaving too despite all the " I'm using BB10 until it dies" motto that I see here in Crackberry.

Why are they leaving? Maybe cause they really can't keep kidding themselves, & that this OS cannot meet the needs of a smartphone user of today. It just isn't enough to have the Hub and all the swiping or what have you.

The lack of native apps and the hassle of getting Andy apps to work with G-play. 0.3% tells me people are saying.... screw it!
    Blacklatino likes this.
    09-16-15 10:52 AM
    It's failure will. Imo, this is BlackBerry's hail merry to turn the handset division around before pulling the plug. What comes after? Who knows, probably a 100% push on software. Hopefully doesn't come to that.

....or one last hail merry with iOS lool.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 10:43 PM
    There is a critical component to the numbers that you all are missing. First, as the number of global smartphones increase, the percentage owned by each platform will shift. In the case of BlackBerry that will likely go down. Despite how that sounds, it's not necessarily a bad thing. There are roughly 50 million BlackBerry devices active worldwide in use by a large number of governments and corporations. This number hasn't really gone down, primarily because Apple and Google cannot mount enough of a response to challenge BB's extraordinarily strong position on security and management. 50 million is nothing to sneeze at.

Just to give you some perspective, Boeing has built 1,320 777's since 1993, and that's one of the most popular products.

Another thing to take away from Boeing that reflects on BlackBerry's business model is that much of what they sell are services, and people are still buying very large, very sustaining government and corporate contracts. Then, as someone else mentioned, there's the simple fact that BlackBerry's is so much more than a range of handsets. The reason things have been so tumultuous in recent years are manifold. For one, RIM had a huge issue with their dueling CEO's that caused a lot of problems and in-fighting. Then, BB didn't catch onto the iPhone thing quickly enough, and they're still paying for it. BBOS 10 is amazing, and I love it, but not everyone does, which is what has sustained the Classic OS (not to be confused with the BB Classic handset).

Also, BBOS isn't exactly consumer friendly. It's not supposed to be. BBOS is a power tool. It's like a finely crafted tool set versus iOS and Android's cudgel/walled garden approach. It's also rock solid, efficient, capable, and extensible, all of which are very attractive to corporate and government groups looking for enterprise-wide communications solutions.

So, no. BlackBerry will not go away because the Slider comes with Android installed. You also don't have to leave BlackBerry because they aren't going to stop producing BBOS 10 or stop supporting BBOS 7 anytime soon. From a purely mobile communications standpoint, just take a look at what BB is doing with BlackBerry Enterprise Server 12 (BES12) to give you an idea of what they're doing.

Give them a few more years. They're just getting their house back in order. They'll be around, and might even capture back some of that marketshare
    madh263362 and deadcowboy like this.
    09-17-15 12:11 AM
    It's failure will. Imo, this is BlackBerry's hail merry to turn the handset division around before pulling the plug. What comes after? Who knows, probably a 100% push on software. Hopefully doesn't come to that.

....or one last hail merry with iOS lool.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, let's hope not.

G6Edge+ / Take a few shot(s) of Bourbon and a Valium and CTF down! 👌😎
    09-23-15 11:54 PM
    I think carriers, retailers and consumers have all been burned by BlackBerry. If they are to be successful, they've got a lot of work to do rebuilding relationships.

As for their software business (MDM in particular), their acquisition of Good is a telling sign of how they were progressing there. Too many companies have been burned by BlackBerry's high-priced, undersupported offerings in the past. They've already moved on, and they ain't looking back.

Sadly, I don't think BlackBerry will be around in any form other than a brand name within three years. They no longer have a competitive advantage nor anything to differentiate them in the market.

I would love to be wrong, because I think the market desperately needs a strong competitive force.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 12:09 AM
    Considering most OEMs don't make significant profit with Android, I'm trying to see how this will benefit the company. *shrugs*
    09-24-15 12:09 AM
    Considering most OEMs don't make significant profit with Android, I'm trying to see how this will benefit the company. *shrugs*
    not significant profit is still better than losing money
    09-24-15 01:45 AM
    not significant profit is still better than losing money
    I figured that after I typed it; crumbs are better than none. Like all things, time will tell. I know a lot of people who I speak to directly about this automatically thinks market share = money, but considering that model only works with those who have their own software, I will see how this plays out.
    09-24-15 02:12 AM
    It could have saved BlackBerry but if the name is Priv they just killed it.

Chen is the harbinger of death.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2639 / T-Mobile USA
    09-24-15 05:38 AM
    Agree, with it it seems BlackBerry agree that android security equal with BlackBerry for BIS.
    Understand that android security powered by BlackBerry.
    For some people will think it's okay to use android.
    BlackBerry has to convince company to still use their BES.
    So they will risk losing BIS user, except for user who love BlackBerry keyboard.
    Or maybe BlackBerry focus to be security and BBM provider for BIS.
    We will see next move from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 06:02 AM
    Rebirth will happen for BlackBerry.

 Passport SE propelled by 10.3.2.2639
    09-24-15 06:10 AM
    There are roughly 50 million BlackBerry devices active worldwide in use by a large number of governments and corporations. This number hasn't really gone down, primarily because Apple and Google cannot mount enough of a response to challenge BB's extraordinarily strong position on security and management. 50 million is nothing to sneeze at.
    Not sure where you got these numbers, but John Chen recently admitted that BB is down to 30M active smartphone users worldwide (between BBOS and BB10), down from a peak of 80M in 2012, and that number continues to drop rapidly. The entire premise of your post is inaccurate.
    jallister likes this.
    09-24-15 06:26 AM
    Can't know till released. But I won't give them the death sentence just yet.

Q10 on 10.3.2.2474
    09-24-15 06:38 AM
31 12