That blackberry will change there mind on the shelf life of bb10 as there is some users that still use them including myself as I have tried android and ios os and find I don't like any of them just wondering if there was another os I can go to today if not then I may have to come of mobile and just have a landline in

Posted via CB10
    10-20-18 06:23 AM
    No chance - BB10's fate is sealed.

Re another OS - take a look at Sailfish 3 (coming this month, allegedly) and the Sony Open Devices project. That is where I will be heading as soon as Whatsapp stops working or the browser gets much worse.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Niallac; 10-20-18 at 09:10 AM.
    10-20-18 08:43 AM
    That blackberry will change there mind on the shelf life of bb10 as there is some users that still use them including myself as I have tried android and ios os and find I don't like any of them just wondering if there was another os I can go to today if not then I may have to come of mobile and just have a landline in

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry exited hardware business in 2016 and no longer build phones.

You can try Sailfish as said above. It's a nice niche OS.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-18 11:47 AM
    No.
    Do you?
    10-20-18 06:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hard no.
    10-20-18 06:22 PM
    Do yourself a favor and learn to adapt to iOS or Android. BB10 is dead and there will be a long wait before any other mobile OS is no longer a PITA to use. You may not like them but they are both very functional operating systems.
    10-20-18 07:38 PM
    If you value the physical keyboard, the best thing you could do is go for a KEY2/KEY2 LE. There is no other option than Android and iOS going forward, and the KEY devices are the best ways to use Android
    10-21-18 12:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    The short answer is no.

The long answer is nooooooooooooooooo.
    AmritD, the_boon, eiruvrav and 2 others like this.
    10-21-18 12:59 PM
    I know how to use ios and android I just don't like them at all never have

Posted via CB10
    10-21-18 02:22 PM
    Nah. BB10 is well past its expiration date.
    10-21-18 04:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry Limited has moved on, but they have been open to licensing BB10 since 2013. If people here believe in BB10 they should form a company and license BB10 from BlackBerry Limited.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    10-21-18 04:48 PM
    No mobile OS can survive without a vibrant App ecosystem. BB10 is dead
    10-21-18 05:49 PM
    Yes, there is a chance. It's small, very small, nanosmall, so small that you can't see it. It's infinitely small. So small, in fact, that it is as close to nothing as small can get. Does this help?
    10-21-18 05:53 PM
    IMHO. Maybe, most people in here are NOT in the BlackBerry boardroom so their guess is as good as anybody else's. BlackBerry just signed a bunch of new deals including working with DEEP pocketed Amazon on future devices so you never know if Amazon might want a safe secure platform like QNX to also power their Internet of Things (IOTs) in future. Plus QNX is auto is working out good. So if they can smooth out the phone end they'd be good to go. They just need to write some better HOW TO's on how to write apps for BlackBerry as the current HowTo's online are absolutely atrocious. Android and Apple both were Ecplise tools and just go. But QNX is much more difficult than that to pull off.
    10-21-18 06:18 PM
    IMHO. Maybe, most people in here are NOT in the BlackBerry boardroom so their guess is as good as anybody else's. BlackBerry just signed a bunch of new deals including working with DEEP pocketed Amazon on future devices so you never know if Amazon might want a safe secure platform like QNX to also power their Internet of Things (IOTs) in future. Plus QNX is auto is working out good. So if they can smooth out the phone end they'd be good to go. They just need to write some better HOW TO's on how to write apps for BlackBerry as the current HowTo's online are absolutely atrocious. Android and Apple both were Ecplise tools and just go. But QNX is much more difficult than that to pull off.
    QNX will form the backbone of some secure solutions, and BlackBerry Android of others.

But BB10 is no more. Period. Full stop.

No one will ever pay the billions of dollars to rebuild it for new hardware, all of the development tools are dead, there is no physical plant or development infrastructure, there are no trained BB10 developers, and there is no desire, will, or need.

There is nothing BB10 can offer that can't be achieved without it.
    10-21-18 06:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    There are a bunch of people who post around here who assume that anyone who prefers BB10 is somehow unwilling or unable to adapt to a new mobile OS. Just ignore them, or you'll drive yourself crazy constantly responding like I have.

But BB10 really is moribund.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    10-21-18 06:43 PM
    There are a bunch of people who post around here who assume that anyone who prefers BB10 is somehow unwilling or unable to adapt to a new mobile OS. Just ignore them, or you'll drive yourself crazy constantly responding like I have.

But BB10 really is moribund.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Exactly. I rarely comment or get involved in those threads. I have an android device but MUCH prefer using my Passport and I don't really care what anyone else thinks about that.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    10-21-18 07:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hey Rick,

While it's unlikely that Blackberry Limited will change its mind on BB10, there have been other unlikely happenings in the tech world that were just as panned before they actually occurred.

However, in the meantime, I'd say stay with BB10 as long as you want and it does what you need. There are many ways to keep using it, including with apps, that work for many people. I'll be happy to help as needed as will others.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-18 09:41 PM
    Exactly. I rarely comment or get involved in those threads. I have an android device but MUCH prefer using my Passport and I don't really care what anyone else thinks about that.
    That's completely legitimate. I had no issues with BB10, moved to Android only because I had a critical app that I was unable to get working in BB10.
    That was influenced by the fact that I was able to get a PRIV for no money down - I am a fan of the slider form factor and the money was right as well.

I have slagged people over BB10 but only where they just won't accept the reality of the business climate around the idea of reviving BB10.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    10-23-18 09:08 AM
    The QT-based user interface for QNX is still maintained and licensed by BlackBerry for use in car entertainment systems. So I guess hypothetically it could be put back into phones if some manufacturer wanted to license it in the future. No takers yet, it seems...

Posted via CB10
    10-23-18 09:57 AM
    The QNX for Cars system is very, very different from BB10. Different in the way that the construction of a 3-story apartment building is different from the construction of a houseboat.

QNX for cars is also much more limited in scope compared to a much more open platform like a smartphone.

That's why the projects have always been separated and worked on by completely separate teams.
    10-23-18 02:09 PM
    Hard no.
    How about a soft no?

Send by my lovely passport silver edition
    11-07-18 05:55 PM
    I'd put the chance at 1/∞ , roughly.
    11-08-18 06:37 AM
    I'd put the chance at 1/∞ , roughly.
    Attached Thumbnails Do you think-img_20170121_165704.jpg  
    glwerry and ppeters914 like this.
    11-08-18 06:42 AM