I am considering getting a Pebble watch to go with my BlackBerry 10 phone. But there are some things that keep me from doing so.

1) Future guarantee of support
    = Since I have to rely on an individual app developer for support, I am not sure whether the Pebble watch will be supported in the future as well with upcoming updates from Pebble. And the Talk2Watch developer makes no guarantee of future BlackBerry and Pebble compatibility.

2) Battery Issue with 10.3.1
    = Has this issue been fixed at all? I know it has to do with BlackBerry os itself, but I just want to know if this has been addressed already.

3) Talk2Watch headless support.
    = I know it is currently not headless, but is this a possibility at all for future?

Questions on Pebble function:
    1)I want to use the watch for controlling music player, reading notifications, and stop watch. Can I assume that it has all these functions?
    2) And if I view the notification on the watch, does the notification get automatically dismissed and get marked as read in the phone? Or do I have to mark the item as read on the phone manually?

Also, I am thinking about getting the original Pebble watch instead of the Steel, and is there any difference in the internals? I heard the Steel can carry more apps, but is this a big deal? I actually prefer the look of the original Pebble watch as it is lighter.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 11:04 PM
    Hi,

Do you recommend Pebble watch with Talk2watch? - Yes

I am considering getting a Pebble watch to go with my BlackBerry 10 phone. But there are some things that keep me from doing so.

1) Future guarantee of support
    = Since I have to rely on an individual app developer for support, I am not sure whether the Pebble watch will be supported in the future as well with upcoming updates from Pebble. And the Talk2Watch developer makes no guarantee of future BlackBerry and Pebble compatibility.
    Nothing in life is guaranteed The developer is working with Pebble, the app is the semi official Pebble app for BB I believe

2) Battery Issue with 10.3.1
    = Has this issue been fixed at all? I know it has to do with BlackBerry os itself, but I just want to know if this has been addressed already.
    Not yet, this is due to the Pebble not using a newer sleep mode due to supporting older Android devices, BB are aware, it affects not only Pebble
    UPDATE! Dev posted BB have fixed the drain issue internally, no news on release however.
    3) Talk2Watch headless support.
    = I know it is currently not headless, but is this a possibility at all for future?
    Developer has been actively working on it for a number of months, it will be ready when it is ready

1)I want to use the watch for controlling music player, reading notifications, and stop watch. Can I assume that it has all these functions?
    Yes, though some notifications like BBM messages will not appear on the watch, Mail / Text OK, there is however annother App that will show you have new messages for BBM
    2) And if I view the notification on the watch, does the notification get automatically dismissed and get marked as read in the phone? Or do I have to mark the item as read on the phone manually?
    Not sure on that one never bothered to check!

Also, I am thinking about getting the original Pebble watch instead of the Steel, and is there any difference in the internals? I heard the Steel can carry more apps, but is this a big deal? I actually prefer the look of the original Pebble watch as it is lighter.
    Don't think there is, the steel may have a slightly higher resolution, I have the original Pebble and love it, check the Pebble site for version differences

Hope this helps, even if you don't get all the functionality available on say Android, it is not far behind.

I wear my Pebble every day even if I'm not using it for music control etc, great device.

Barry
    skstrials likes this.
    03-23-15 04:42 AM
    And if I view the notification on the watch, does the notification get automatically dismissed and get marked as read in the phone? Or do I have to mark the item as read on the phone manually?
    Not sure on that one never bothered to check!

On Android you have to delete manually

Don't think there is, the steel may have a slightly higher resolution, I have the original Pebble and love it, check the Pebble site for version differences

The Steel carry 8 instead of 6 apps otherwise that, and the design there is no difference.
    I would wait for Pebble Time Steel with better features as all the apps you like, and looong battery time!
    :-)
    03-23-15 06:14 AM
    Go for it, the Pebble T2Wpro combo is excellent. Just having the additional notifications on wrist assures you will almost never miss an important notification. It is especially useful if your pocketing the phone, where you can preview whether there is a need to pull the phone at all.

T2W dev has been great at moving his app along and hopefully will continue far into the future but even if it all stopped where it is today I would be more than happy having this is a solution.

Honestly, if I forget my Pebble for a day I am freaked, I use and rely on it daily. Love it so much I bought Pebbles for our entire 12 person team for their office xmas present. About half of them wear it daily.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 08:02 AM
    1)no guarantee of future support, but the t2wpro has been getting better since day one (it is very good now)
    2) latest 10.3.1 update (I'm using Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2582), seems to have fixed it although no guarantee that it won't get broken in future updates, of course BlackBerry is now well aware of the past issues, so hopefully it won't happen again.
    3) don't count on headless support, BlackBerry doesn't allow headless apps to use much memory, right now the constraints don't leave enough room to build a useful app. This may change.
    1)pebble with t2w can control native music app, read most notifications, and timer / stopwatch apps can be installed on the watch.
    2) so far, you have to go to phone to dismiss notifications, but this may one day be implemented, if it is possible, I'm pretty sure that the the developer will add it in...

The two watches are the same internally, same screen, same memory(8 app/watchface limit). The only differences are the case, the charge light, and the stronger magnetic charger. The original pebble has a plastic lens which in my experience was easily damaged, a screen protector might have helped, but I replaced my original with a steel, and the glass lens seems much stronger (5 months and yet to scratch it). The magnetic charger holds much more securely on the steel, which along with the charge light, I much prefer over inadvertently leaving the original watch not charging for hours. The only reason (apart from aesthetic preference) that I could choose the original over the steel would be for the ease of quickly changing straps, which is more of a hassle with the steel.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    skstrials likes this.
    03-23-15 08:36 AM
    Skstrials, did you consider funding the Pebble Time Kickstarter? You could get a Pebble Time (Color) for $159.

Q10/10.3.1.821
    03-24-15 03:26 AM
    Skstrials, did you consider funding the Pebble Time Kickstarter? You could get a Pebble Time (Color) for $159.

Q10/10.3.1.821
    It is my understanding that the Time watch is currently not supported by the Talk2Watch app.

But other than that, it is a good deal!

Posted via CB10
    clickitykeys likes this.
    03-24-15 09:31 AM
    It is my understanding that the Time watch is currently not supported by the Talk2Watch app.

Posted via CB10
    I see. I didn't realize that. I'm hoping that the developer of talk2watch will eventually support it.

I have a Pebble Steel which syncs quite nicely, whether I use the android app or talk2watch. Once I update to the latest leak, I'm hoping that the battery drain problem will be resolved.

Q10/10.3.1.821
    03-24-15 10:11 AM
    I would definitely recommend the Pebble with Talk2Watch Pro and Hub2Watch on my BlackBerry Passport. Coming from a Sony Smartwatch MN2 it is such a breeze.

Features I like most are:
    - Calendar Notification, as soon as an event starts, or the reminder gets triggered, you'll receive a message on your Pebble.
    - CallerID support, (never) miss a Phone call in a noisy or business environment because it gently vibrates on your wrist and not only shows the number, but also the name of the caller.
    - View Notifications similar to the way BlackBerry Peek will, simply flick your wrist to see incoming notifications (Hub2Watch required).
    - Playing around with CloudPebble to create your own algoritmes to count down to and decide how to arrange information you want to be shown.

Downside:
    - Watchfaces or Watchapps that rely on an external request won't work without the Dev manually adds the JS that fetches the data from the external server or app.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    Last edited by JunkieXP; 04-03-15 at 03:55 PM.
    04-03-15 03:43 PM
    While I would recommend the Pebble for BB10 devices it must be noted that the functionality is limited in comparison to that available with iOS and Android devices. Most notably it is not possible to read BBM and Whatsapp messages on the Pebble when paired with a BB10 device.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 01:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    I hope there are plans to support the Pebble Time. I was thinking of the Time model as a good option for me.

[Hopefully NOT edited by admin to be fair lol. ] Frosty White Q10/10.3.1.2708 CB10
    04-11-15 01:57 PM