It's nice to have choice, and it's good to see BlackBerry giving us more (though I'm still waiting for a 'select all' in file manager) but I just wanted to know, since we've been given the choice to rearrange the Active frames, how often do you actually do it, if at all? I've actually probably used it about twice, maybe because I'm so used to them being static I don't know..

What about you?

Check Out TechCraze
    05-28-14 05:25 AM
    I don't rearrange active frames, I close them as soon as I don't need then anymore.

Posted via CB10
    tinochiko likes this.
    05-28-14 05:42 AM
    I don't rearrange active frames, I close them as soon as I don't need then anymore.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm, I don't close them much (and get annoyed when they close themselves) but that's because I use a lot of ongoing apps that aren't headless yet (Neutron)and some I open every few seconds (bbm) so wouldn't close.. (which makes me want to mention how annoying it is that the browser doesnt save open tabs but that's another topic)

A long way to say fair enough lol

Check Out TechCraze
    05-28-14 05:44 AM
    I rearrange. I have constantly open dialer, calendar and tasks and I like to have possibility to assign them in one place in 10.3.

Posted via CB10
    tinochiko likes this.
    05-28-14 05:47 AM
    Hmm, I don't close them much (and get annoyed when they close themselves) but that's because I use a lot of ongoing apps that aren't headless yet (Neutron)and some I open every few seconds (bbm) so wouldn't close.. (which makes me want to mention how annoying it is that the browser doesnt save open tabs but that's another topic)

A long way to say fair enough lol

Check Out TechCraze
    Browser saves open tabs. Just need to check that option in settings.

Posted via CB10
    tinochiko likes this.
    05-28-14 05:47 AM
    Browser saves open tabs. Just need to check that option in settings.

Posted via CB10
    Whaaat? Wow, where in settings?

Check Out TechCraze
    Edit: found it in browser settings, thanks!
    05-28-14 05:55 AM
    Settings, Display and Actions, "On startup show: my tabs from last time".
    Whaaat? Wow, where in settings?

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    tinochiko likes this.
    05-28-14 05:57 AM
    If there's an option to rearrange that's good, but I find the default way BlackBerry 10 has been handling Active Frames to make the most sense. I hope it still works that way also. Does it?
    tinochiko likes this.
    05-28-14 06:11 AM
    If there's an option to rearrange that's good, but I find the default way BlackBerry 10 has been handling Active Frames to make the most sense. I hope it still works that way also. Does it?
    Yes you dont have to rearrange then if you don't want to, and there's rumours and hints that there's more to come in this area (e.g. Pinning) so it will only add not take away from the experience

Check Out TechCraze
    phylez likes this.
    05-28-14 06:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    Same here, as long as we won't bee able to pin them a specific location, rearranging them it's pretty much useless

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 12:08 PM
    Same here, as long as we won't bee able to pin them a specific location, rearranging them it's pretty much useless

Posted via CB10
    My point exactly, why does you want to rearrange them anyway? When you go from one app to another is as easy as a blink or two .. personally I don't use active frames. My BlackBerry HUB and search bar is everything.. EVERYTHING. I open search use it to post and update Facebook and Twitter accounts, HUB for chats, email and notifications.. only app I really use open for a few minutes the most is Crackberry and Instagram..

Posted via CB10 App
    05-29-14 02:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    Me either. I never have anything open past the time I'm using the app.

Once I'm done I close it.

Posted with a Verizon Z30 running 10.3.0.296/441 and CB10. My channel with zero subscribers but has Frenchie pics
    05-29-14 03:53 PM
    In the Developer OS 10.3.0.442 acitve frames are fixed. This means that when you open the upper right frame and minimize ist, it was still at same place. This is why BlackBerry give us rearrangeable active frame.

Many users and CrackBerry itself asked for sticky active frames. BTW, I love this feature in 10.3.0.442
    05-29-14 04:19 PM
    I leave all Active Frames open all the time.
    05-29-14 04:35 PM
    I leave all Active Frames open all the time.
    Can I ask why? I'm curious. You probably think it's odd that I close all my frames.

Posted with a Verizon Z30 running 10.3.0.296/441 and CB10. My channel with zero subscribers but has Frenchie pics
    05-29-14 04:47 PM
    I close mine when I'm done with them too

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    05-29-14 04:51 PM
    There is no real point in rearranging them without the ability to pin them.

I hope that functionality comes to later releases of 10.3. I'd also love the ability to resize the active frames - would be so cool.

Posted via my beautiful Q10
    05-29-14 06:06 PM
    Can I ask why? I'm curious. You probably think it's odd that I close all my frames.
    Active Frames are one of the coolest features of BlackBerry 10. The Active Frames feature is part of the flow, where the multitasking takes place. The Active Frames view is the "app switching" area so to speak. No need to navigate to app icons on several pages and in various folders. Just leave 'em open, loud and proud. There's no adverse effect. I don't think it's odd that you close them -- you're doing what you want -- but I think it's unnecessary.
    05-29-14 06:35 PM
    Active Frames are one of the coolest features of BlackBerry 10. The Active Frames feature is part of the flow, where the multitasking takes place. The Active Frames view is the "app switching" area so to speak. No need to navigate to app icons on several pages and in various folders. Just leave 'em open, loud and proud. There's no adverse effect. I don't think it's odd that you close them -- you're doing what you want -- but I think it's unnecessary.
    I see what you mean. I'd I'm working with an app or two along with the Hub I'll leave them open. I just shut them down once I'm done jumping between them. I agree that the flow/app switching is great

Do you leave the frames open for info updates as well or just ease of use?

05-29-14 08:00 PM
    Do you leave the frames open for info updates as well or just ease of use?
    The only ones I really get useful information from are the Clock, Calendar, and possibly weather (I forget now if the temp updates in an Active Frame or not). The BBM one would be cool if I had more contacts, but it really just repeats recently updated contact pics.

I leave them open 90% for ease of use. They're my go-to apps: Calendar, Remember, File Manager, Password Keeper, Clock. I do leave Google Talk, Yahoo Instant Messenger, and Skype open often because I like to switch back and forth between them and stalk my contacts, check their "presence" to see which of them are actively online, idle, offline, etc. But I don't really need to do that because each of those apps runs in the background and in the Hub, even if I'm over the eight app open limit and their Active Frames end up closed by the os. Where I start to go over the limit is as a result of calls or searching. I like to use search a lot.
    05-29-14 08:22 PM