10-29-14 09:39 AM
150 ... 456
tools
    How can I, in plain English and easy step by step, download Garmin Connect and MyfitnessPal?

Posted via CB10
    Search Google for detailed instructions on side loading "Snap". This app is essentially the Google play store.

Note: a quick and dirty over view of those instructions is as follows; you'll need safari browser on your comp. Then you'll add an extension for side loading apps to BB10 devices to you browser. Next you plug your bb10 device into the comp. You'll then have to change your phone to developer mode and take note of your DNS number on the phone. Then you'll visit the "snap" download website, download the .bar or. Apk file and drag it to the aforementioned extension in your browser. Place it in the box area that says "drag files here". Click "install"

Search for your apps in the Snap app store and click "download".

That's it. 20 minutes of work in first go around. No need to side load any other apps from that point on. You can find anything on Snap.

Again though, you'll need detailed instructions printed out and you'll also want to watch a YouTube video demo before starting (these videos exist and are probably found through Google search). My instructions are obviously not detailed enough to get the job done but I wanted to provide an overview of the process so that you don't feel overwhelmed.

Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 12:02 AM
    You can get my fitness pal easily via amazon app store which is in BlackBerry world. It's very slow though and prone to closing down regularly when it settles its ok.

Posted by my splendid Z10
    08-27-14 03:38 AM
    Words with friends DLed this week. Works great.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 03:33 PM
    Easypants,

On newer bb10 versions.

1) go to bb10 Web browser
    2) go to snap Web site
    3) dl snap
    4) install snap.

Done.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 03:38 PM
    Easypants,

On newer bb10 versions.

1) go to bb10 Web browser
    2) go to snap Web site
    3) dl snap
    4) install snap.

Done.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm I tried that but didn't work for me. Wouldn't let me install the file. Anyway must have done something wrong.
    Thx

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 08:15 PM
    If there is no native apps from BlackBerry World...
    So may be I will download it... but until now, no android apps from amazon or 1 mobile.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 06:21 AM
    Yes several they work fine for me.ineed my banking news etc.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 10:26 PM
    Yes, I've installed many android apps.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 02:24 AM
    Hmm I tried that but didn't work for me. Wouldn't let me install the file. Anyway must have done something wrong.
    Settings > App Manager > Installing Apps and tick "Allows Apps from Other Sources to be Installed".
    09-30-14 03:06 AM
    I've got tons of Android apps loaded, I actually purchased a Q10 to test Android apps before allowing myself to get excited about the Passport (which I now own and love)
    09-30-14 06:36 AM
    I'm not an app fiend, but I do check for the free app of the day on the Amazon site. Whenever people (and the media) talk about apps, it puzzles me that this never gets mentioned, it's a seriously good feature to have.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 06:45 AM
    You can get my fitness pal easily via amazon app store which is in BlackBerry world. It's very slow though and prone to closing down regularly when it settles its ok.

Posted by my splendid Z10
    The app never worked for me. I finally deleted it and currently no longer use MFP.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 11:08 AM
    I think the many of apps I run are android ones...
    On 10.3 each apk is scanned before installation.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 03:32 AM
    Funny thing is, most people don't have many. It's a curiosity, the importance of apps when the average number on a phone is actually fairly low.

Posted via CB10
    "Most people "...care to back that up with some hard data? From reading these comments it seems the total opposite is in fact true.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 04:27 PM
    "Most people "...care to back that up with some hard data? From reading these comments it seems the total opposite is in fact true.

Posted via CB10
    Sure, just Google "average number of apps" or something like that.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 04:48 PM
    Not only I use Android apps, I love how they perform on BlackBerry 10!
    Sometimes I find myself with 4 or 5 Android apps running at the same time.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 07:43 PM
    I don't understand the resistance to android apps. I don't use many but it us crucial that we have access to them for those local and smaller apps that make life easier.

The emulator is much faster on my z30 than on my wife's z10. Faster still on the passport or so I hear.

My only gripe us that, as a lifetime iPhone guy, I notice android apps are much poorer quality than their iPhone counterpart. Not sure why, but I imagine it is to do with the strict or iPhone app store dev requirements. Nit sure.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 08:16 PM
    I don't understand the resistance to android apps. I don't use many but it us crucial that we have access to them for those local and smaller apps that make life easier.

The emulator is much faster on my z30 than on my wife's z10. Faster still on the passport or so I hear.

My only gripe us that, as a lifetime iPhone guy, I notice android apps are much poorer quality than their iPhone counterpart. Not sure why, but I imagine it is to do with the strict or iPhone app store dev requirements. Nit sure.

Posted via CB10
    I've heard that on the passport Android Apps run faster than they do on Android....
    The Android runtime on BlackBerry 10 is really getting better with every update.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 08:40 AM
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 01:49 PM
    I was reluctant to use the Android apps at first but I got fed up with not having Sirius Radio on my phone. So this morning I used the Crackberry tutorial on how to side load and within 10 mins I was installing android apps I loaded the snap bar and im downloading from there. Here is what I downloaded and they all work well.

-Sirius Radio
    -Netflix
    -Square(phone debit card reader)
    -U-Torrent
    -Google Chrome

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 06:03 PM
    I was reluctant to use the Android apps at first but I got fed up with not having Sirius Radio on my phone. So this morning I used the Crackberry tutorial on how to side load and within 10 mins I was installing android apps I loaded the snap bar and im downloading from there. Here is what I downloaded and they all work well.

-Sirius Radio
    -Netflix
    -Square(phone debit card reader)
    -U-Torrent
    -Google Chrome

Posted via CB10
    Try Ttorrent app for downloading directly to phone. Find the torrents using the Kickasstorrents app. That capability alone makes the BlackBerry experience preferable to iPhone for me.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 06:42 PM
    ^ right on thank you very much. I will check that out right now!!

Respect.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 07:09 PM
    All the time. I'd carry another device if I couldn't.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 11:47 PM
    No!!!

Rom 10.13
    10-08-14 12:22 PM
    Nope. I don't need, I don't download.

Posted via CB10 | STL100-2 | Waiting for the mighty Squircle to return.
    10-29-14 09:39 AM
150 ... 456