Yes, Google Maps, Autocad 360, Autodesk SketchBook, Teamviewer, Spotify, Amazon Cloud Drive, WD My Cloud, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Music, and some games.
    08-11-14 03:42 PM
    I run some, I try to find native first though, but that's not always possible. And then I will email all the non native devs to make native BlackBerry. (most don't have plans, but some do.. the more emails they get the more likely they will try)

. From what I understand, the android runtime can't edit the BlackBerry side. Still not 100% sure what that means for malware but others seem to think it's fairly safe..

But I also have AVG loaded on as a precautionary since it looks for android, windows and mac viruses. It also scans BlackBerry World android ports (which guardian already scans)

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 03:51 PM
    I have tried to use the Android apps and some of which have been suggested by CrackBerry also but the majority of them don't even work. I will wait for the next update and if I continue to have these same issues I will be saying farewell to all 5 BlackBerry phones in my household. If an app can run on an Android phone with the same version running on my BB10 and it doesn't work for me then in my eyes the whole claim by BB saying it can run Android apps is just wasting my time. They have been claiming this from the start but IMHO they have done a terrible job up till now getting this to work and perform properly.
    08-11-14 04:01 PM
    Unfortunately I had to download local Yellow pages, my local bank app which are not available natively in my country, so Snap helped me on that... also, Shazam since they don't seems to be interested to make a way to BB10 and Instagram as a second option when I want to apply some of the filters... that's all!

BBM channel: C0040FF4D..... Proudly Z10 owner...
    08-11-14 04:07 PM
    Sure, but not isolated at all from your data, your contacts, your calendar events, your messages and so on.
    I hope that the arrangement with Amazon will give up CONTROL or MORE control over apps' Permissions. Right now there is NO control if you install Android apps.
    08-11-14 04:08 PM
    I swiped my Q10 to not reinstall Android apps anymore. ..but I needed shazam cause soundhound did not find a track that I wanted to..

..so one Android app I have..

hope that there are not more to come to swipe again..

Posted with my Z10 or Z30! ..mostly on my Q10. ..while looking forward to a BB slider and of course waiting for the Passport and Classic.
    08-11-14 04:12 PM
    I have tried to use the Android apps and some of which have been suggested by CrackBerry also but the majority of them don't even work. I will wait for the next update and if I continue to have these same issues I will be saying farewell to all 5 BlackBerry phones in my household. If an app can run on an Android phone with the same version running on my BB10 and it doesn't work for me then in my eyes the whole claim by BB saying it can run Android apps is just wasting my time. They have been claiming this from the start but IMHO they have done a terrible job up till now getting this to work and perform properly.
    Seems like you're in the minority with the non-working apps issue. I've had an issue with 2 apps from Amazon which failed, I tried the same apps from Snap and they both worked and I've never had an issue since. I've also noticed that some apps that Amazon is selling are free through Snap. Try using Snap if you're not already, if that doesn't work then I have no idea what your issue is.

*EDIT* If you're using a Q10 or Q5 there might be screen format issues that crop up. A lot of Android apps aren't scaled to fit the screen.
    08-11-14 04:13 PM
    But why BlackBerry can't developed their own apps instead of allowing android apps to run

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 04:23 PM
    There is not a single APP / Wallet for digital currencys (bitcoin etc) in BBW , so have to use android.
    Even Apple opened their arms for those APPs.

Maybe in future when BlackBerry starts accepting Bitcoin and selling their phones over the internet

DELL does ,too in US. And doing quite good, another bigger order today.

Dell Receives $50K Hardware Order Paid in Bitcoin
    08-11-14 04:30 PM
    No, i don't..

i don't find it worthy to make "a battle" to download an application using runtime.
    if native Apps are there, then i download what i need....

Finally, wish the improvement we see in the coming devices in addition to agreements with some governments, we may se more interests from developers...
    08-11-14 04:31 PM
    No, i don't..

i don't find it worthy to make "a battle" to download an application using runtime.

Finally, wish the improvement we see in the coming devices in addition to agreements with some governments, we may se more interests from developers...
    With the focus on android and having many useless apps in bb world I don't think we'll see any interest from developers. The gov/ prosumer focus is not likely to change that any time soon. The lack of an all touch upcoming flagship also points away from native app development for anything but niche.
    08-11-14 04:57 PM
    No, i don't..

Just install Snap. Download a couple Androids apps. You'll be hooked. My native app still out weigh my Android installs 3 2 1.
    08-11-14 04:58 PM
    No longer possible for me. Company policy now (did not do so before) does no longer allow to go in Dev mode ( as I went back from 10.3 to 10.3 now I need to sideload) so no android for this boy

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 05:01 PM
    No longer possible for me. Company policy now (did not do so before) does no longer allow to go in Dev mode ( as I went back from 10.3 to 10.3 now I need to sideload) so no android for this boy

Posted via CB10
    Change companies. Seriously.
    08-11-14 05:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    You went back from 10.3 to 10.3???? Isn't that the same?

Try to download the Amazon store to your BB. No development mode needed for it.

How to get Android apps on BlackBerry from the Amazon Appstore | CrackBerry.com
    08-11-14 05:13 PM
    You went back from 10.3 to 10.3???? Isn't that the same?
    I was scratching my head on that one too. Also, I think there's away to install Snap without going into development mode.
    08-11-14 05:20 PM
    Yes several.from amazon or snap.they work fine

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 06:18 PM
    I'm just curious because a lot of you on here boast BlackBerry amazing security but have android apps. I don't because it's important to not have those malware apps on here. For me it's native or nothing.

Posted via CB10
    Did a search in BlackBerry World for Citibank, Real Player Cloud, Media Remote, Words with Friends, PlayMemoriesOnline, Dell Mobile Print, Watch ESPN, WD My Cloud, WD Photos, Network Audio Remote, ES Remote, etc. and guess what? They are not available. It is good that your BB works for you without Android apps, however, keep in mind that smartphone usage will vary greatly from one user to the next. Also, don't forget that BB lost a lot of users (millions) because the apps were just not available and that out weighed their security concerns.
    08-11-14 09:23 PM
    Well, I downloaded a couple of them, but find myself only using two: Team Viewer and voetbal.nl (which is a Dutch app, allowing you to keep track of the results and fixtures in amateur soccer, which includes the team of my 7 year old son).
    It is a damn shame Team Viewer doesn't exist natively, because that is something I want to be able to use in an emergency, and it was the only reason I had my iPad with my when out on sales calls. And the voetbal.nl thing is such a specific localized market, I don't have any hopes of ever having that natively. But now that I think of it, I can put in a request at the Dutch Developers group for BB.

So, I COULD live without Android Apps on my BB, but then I would need to use my iPad more often which, frankly is an irritating experience if you'r used to the flow on BB10.
    08-12-14 03:19 AM
    Yes I have 5 Apps downloaded from Snap.
    • App from ABSA
    • Google Authenticator
    • Pocket
    • Shazam
    • Pick n Pay
    08-12-14 04:49 AM
    Yaddayadda, I meant I went back from 10.3 to 10.2
    Jeez

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 05:45 AM
    But why BlackBerry can't developed their own apps instead of allowing android apps to run

Posted via CB10
    John Chen said in an interview that BlackBerry doesn't have the money for it that's why the partnership with amazon, I gues that's the same with the android runtime

Q10 is my Qmpanion
    08-12-14 06:38 AM
    @FrankUnderwood

"I have only downloaded one Android application on my phone. Netflix.

I heard there was a really popular show based in Washington DC about a ruthless politician and I just HAD to see it."
    Yeah but you only use BB7.
    SnoozerBold likes this.
    08-12-14 08:36 AM
    Until a couple of months ago i only used netflix and naver line but once installed the app stores 1mobile, snap and amazon, I downloaded a few more, such as:
    Do you guys really download android apps?-img_20140812_082801.pngDo you guys really download android apps?-img_20140812_083054.pngDo you guys really download android apps?-img_20140812_083107.pngDo you guys really download android apps?-img_20140812_083114.png
    Amazon (store)
    Roku (for use my Roku 3)
    WD my Cloud (for acces to my personal cloud from Anywhere)
    Epson iprint (for use with my awesome L355 Epson wifi printer)
    Instagram (i prefier Igrann)
    Yahoo Sports
    La Prensa (news of my country)
    Diez (sports news of my country)
    BBC mundo

So, the point is that for me to have been necessary to use android apps on my blackberry Z10 STL100-1 to carry the empty store bbw applications. Has not been necessary to leave blackberry for another platform, just what we have is enough for me!! Remember the Blackberry 10 devices are not for everyone.
    Last edited by Parrillas NY; 08-12-14 at 11:44 AM.
    08-12-14 09:34 AM
    The majority of native apps are absolutely useless especially some that I've paid for.. whereas I can get better free apps on snaps or amazon.

Posted via CB10
    neutron, gnewsreader, readitnow, redditinmotion, Hype machine, soundnine, fasttube, rad.io , playcloud, bpod, nobex etc etc

Do you want me to go on and continue to shoot down your stupid comment?
    08-12-14 09:41 AM
150 ... 23456