Yes.

Last one was the yahoo fantasy sports app.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 09:09 AM
    I only download reputable apps like Instagram, Shazam, etc. I don't download no name apps and I always read the reviews first. Plus, I'm quite sure the Android runtime is sandboxed so I'm not too worried. The few Android apps I have run smoothly on my Q10.
    08-11-14 09:39 AM
    Over 3M downloads of Android apps on Snap, seems someone is downloading them.
    Even more impressive when one takes into account that Snap has to be sideloaded. If it was on BB World that number would be much higher.
    08-11-14 09:40 AM
    Even more impressive when one takes into account that Snap has to be sideloaded. If it was on BB World that number would be much higher.
    Be interesting to know how many Amazon downloads there are wouldn't it?
    08-11-14 09:49 AM
    I'm just curious because a lot of you on here boast BlackBerry amazing security but have android apps. I don't because it's important to not have those malware apps on here. For me it's native or nothing.

Posted via CB10
    I do, for personal stuff (netflix, pandora, etc.) I'm on a BES for work so I am secure there. I do go into permissions and make sure app do not have access to stuff they shouldn't, and if I can not adjust the permissions I delete, so far works for me. As for smoothness, the 10.3.700 leak had the best run time of all I tried, worked almost as good as naitive, really close.
    08-11-14 10:28 AM
    I use to downloaded apps from Amazon store and all my home bookmark shortcuts from browzer didn't work so i gave up on that.Then tried 1mobile but found there app was sapping 18% battery so that got deleated.So staying with BB for now
    08-11-14 10:30 AM
    Don't download them, your choice, but it's doing a disservice to discourage others from downloading them. Who wants a smartphone in 2014 that can't run Instagram, Netflix, Spotify or a non-laggy version of Flipboard? And only until a couple of days ago the trading platform I use (iTrade) wasn't available. I got by first thanks to sideloading (which was a tedious process) and then through Snap.

"Nothing" is an option for suckers. I wouldn't spend my money on a smartphone in 2014 that doesn't have access to the increasingly reliant world of apps. There's a difference between simply not using many apps, which is perfectly fine, and not using apps because of an ill-informed fear of "malware" especially of the top downloaded and vetted Android apps. You can wear your tin foil hat but don't spread misinformation to others.
    jaydee5799 and clipskid like this.
    08-11-14 10:33 AM
    Try to use Amazon more as those apps are more likely to work or allow in app purchases.

But I do use SNAP as there are many apps not in Amazon yet.

I've downloaded close to eighty Android Apps between the two over the last year..... many of them free apps on Amazon. Never know when even if they don't work now, you might have a device that they will work on. And some of the free Amazon apps at time or pretty nice ones.

But there are only about twelve Android Apps that I bother to reload and use when I do a clean install.
    08-11-14 10:52 AM
    I have about 20 Android apps. And most of them are used often. Worry? Me?
    08-11-14 11:09 AM
    Right now i only have the instagram app from snap..I would use Igrann Pro except i like the instagram filters better then the bb ones..One gripe I have is that the cache for Instagram on my Z10 quickly fills up taking way too much space on the phone..only way to delete it id to reinstall instagram,,on Android theres a menu in settings to delete the cache but not on BB10 :-(. If anyone knows a way around this..please let me know!
    08-11-14 11:37 AM
    Ive noticed when you unistall Android Apps they always seem to leave folders and cache files on your phone...taking up precious space..I use PlayCloud to navigate Sustem Folders and delete them!
    08-11-14 11:39 AM
    Sure, though I generally try and get them from the Amazon app store. In some cases, I have no choice - there are some apps I need that aren't native to BlackBerry 10 yet and there aren't alternatives that do the same trick in the way I need it.

For work:
    Duo Mobile
    Lync
    GoToMeeting
    Concur Travel

for Home:
    Roku
    Audible
    Flipboard
    Pinterest
    Amazon App Store
    08-11-14 11:56 AM
    No I don't like Android apps but here has been this one time I needed one.
    08-11-14 01:43 PM
    I don't have many

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    08-11-14 01:45 PM
    I don't have many

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    Funny thing is, most people don't have many. It's a curiosity, the importance of apps when the average number on a phone is actually fairly low.

Posted via CB10
    SnoozerBold likes this.
    08-11-14 01:46 PM
    At the end of the day if I don't find the app in BBW I go to Snap and download and Android equivalent.

Though, nowadays I go straight to Snap. Before someone says "then why don't you just get an Android phone!?" I would say this. I don't use a BB because of 3rd party apps. I use it because I feel its the best communication device out there (whether through e-mail or native BBM).
    08-11-14 01:47 PM
    I only download apps that I trust, from banks or newspapers for instance. Unfortunately I've started to use Snap to download apps that are no longer being supported on BB10 like Poynt for instance which in its BB guise hasn't had an update for 15 months and has now been rendered useless.
    08-11-14 01:50 PM
    I have only one, Opera mini Browser for Android, as no BlackBerry BB10 version, it works well and Has data saving on cellular connection can switch on/off and down loaded direct from Opera Web site so should be safe, Would be handy if stock browser had data saving option switchable on/off.
    08-11-14 01:54 PM
    I have some of them, but I don't use any on daily basis
    08-11-14 02:12 PM
    I'm just curious because a lot of you on here boast BlackBerry amazing security but have android apps. I don't because it's important to not have those malware apps on here. For me it's native or nothing.
    BlackBerry has sand boxed the Android run time to separate it from the BB10 system. So none of what you've mentioned spills over into BB10. You're aversion to Android apps running on your BlackBerry device will wain once you install Snap.
    08-11-14 02:57 PM
    Everything I missed or doesn't exist in BlackBerry world.

Proudly Z10 owner
    08-11-14 02:59 PM
    I have only downloaded one Android application on my phone. Netflix.

I heard there was a really popular show based in Washington DC about a ruthless politician and I just HAD to see it.

Posted via CB10
    Probably another reality show!

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    08-11-14 03:03 PM
    I just uninstalled most "Amazon app of the day" (that I never executed) from my Android tablet after running F-Secure's Permissions app.
    08-11-14 03:03 PM
    I just uninstalled most "Amazon app of the day" (that I never executed) from my Android tablet after running F-Secure's Permissions app.
    Actually, they came from Amazon, but most were the "free" apps from a few major game developers.
    08-11-14 03:31 PM
    There's very little merit to this argument, and once BlackBerry Guardian covers the Amazon store there won't be any at all.

As has been noted, Android apps run in their own sandbox. It's a telling detail that no Android apps whatsoever are allowed in the Secure Work Space, even ones that have been converted to .bar files and are in BB World.

I dislike the necessity to use any Android apps at all, but to churlishly refuse to touch them would be cutting off my nose to spite my face. I like having Netflix. I have specific business apps from publishers who haven't produced BB10 versions. Having Android apps available makes my phone more usable. In the long run, this makes BB10 much more versatile than Windows Phone, for instance.

In a perfect world, all the apps for BB10 would be native Cascades. Until that happens, I'll put up with Android.
    aminrajabi likes this.
    08-11-14 03:32 PM
150 12345 ...