to be honest, i have only few android apps:
    banking app (Although I do not use it as my bank mobile website is faster and better, doh)
    google maps (use sometimes)
    Tesco calling card - to call international cheaper
    Tripadvisor (use very rare, website is better)
    Imdb (haven't used for a while as search for imdb, native app is equally good)
    GCC 2014 - using, as there is no native app, but mobile website is good as well
    speedtest (used twice, both times I see speeds slower than native speed checker)
    Mazda units converter - no analogue here. using to convert liters per 100 miles to mpg or liters per 100 km.
    08-11-14 03:36 AM
    indeed its native or nothing !!
    Blackberry have the most importants apps avaible what's app facebook etc...
    So why use android ?
    08-11-14 04:03 AM
    I could do nearly nothing without android apps, so yes...

RedBerry Z10 Hybrid #00167 10.2.1.3247
    08-11-14 04:36 AM
    android app that run on blackberry run in a sandbox, meaning that the only thing android app can affect on blackberry, is other android app. What does it mean? You don't have to worry about your blackberry info Neither malware/virus.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    08-11-14 04:50 AM
    Yes , banking app, netflix and regionnews app
    08-11-14 05:15 AM
    Sure, no problem with them, just pay attention to the permissions and don't download ones that ask for too many. On the Z30 at least virtually all of them work well.
    08-11-14 05:20 AM
    I use Google maps, a taxi app. And a bank app for giving and receiving fonds with mobile number as primary entity.
    08-11-14 05:36 AM
    Yep, when I had my Z10, I downloaded few Android apps but not too many
    I'm just curious because a lot of you on here boast BlackBerry amazing security but have android apps. I don't because it's important to not have those malware apps on here. For me it's native or nothing.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 06:09 AM
    @OP: Nope. Deinstalled the runtime as well.
    Did u do that just to fit in lol
    08-11-14 06:17 AM
    I hav to say that I�m not using android apps as I aspected I would.

First I thought "Wow, I can have thousands of apps.." but then I realized that I dont want thousands of apps. And If I look in the play store / Amazon App Store / 1mobile market etc I cant find interesting apps.
    most popular apps are:
    • games -> I dont play games on my phone.
    • Facebook, Instagram, tumblr, vine, etc. -> way too many social networks for me. I�m busy enough by meeting friends and family in real life.
    • fart apps, weather apps, dating apps -> thanks, but If I want to know how the weather is I look out of the window and if I want to know how the weather will be the next day I dont need more than the built in weather app. And for dating and farting I dont need an app

I only use one or two android apps because we cant get them native, for example skype and spotify and I dont like it. Everytime I have to use an Android app I have to look how to use it. where is a menu button, how can i go one step back, what happens when I touch this or that field.... It doenst feel consistent or logical. But maybe I�m to dumb to get it.
    skype works fine with you ?! have a real time notifications ?!
    08-11-14 06:19 AM
    Well we are forced to download the apks as some simply don't exist in the BlackBerry World. I tried getting a Samsung to use for the android apps but felt silly having something just for apps! So I do have some of the apps like Viber and UP Jawbone. Very limited to exactly what I want to use. Nothing more! And of course it is such a nuisance at times as 1Mobile keeps asking for update of apps which are in BlackBerry World and then says the format of the app is not Android and asks to download the original version!

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 06:27 AM
    Yes. The app selection for BB10 is almost non-existing for local (Danish) apps.

When iPhone 6 arrives with bigger screen and improved keyboard, I sure will give it a testrun. Perhaps I will be dissapointed and decide that productivity is more important, but I really miss a lot of apps available for iOS/Android.
    Jakob Greve likes this.
    08-11-14 06:34 AM
    Well we are forced to download the apks as some simply don't exist in the BlackBerry World. I tried getting a Samsung to use for the android apps but felt silly having something just for apps! So I do have some of the apps like Viber and UP Jawbone. Very limited to exactly what I want to use. Nothing more! And of course it is such a nuisance at times as 1Mobile keeps asking for update of apps which are in BlackBerry World and then says the format of the app is not Android and asks to download the original version!

Posted via CB10
    Something interesting I've noticed with the Amazon store (well interesting to me - others may roll their eyes) is that for something like the Kindle app, it lists it as being available for upgrade in my installed apps but notes that it was installed from outside Amazon and doesn't push the notification.
    08-11-14 06:37 AM
    I am currently running a droid-free Q10 on 10.2.2. How much secure can it get?

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 07:00 AM
    I have only downloaded one Android application on my phone. Netflix.

I heard there was a really popular show based in Washington DC about a ruthless politician and I just HAD to see it.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 07:08 AM
    crackberry should start a bet and offering a price to anyone that can find an android app that will screw up the blackberry os, I offered 30 $ 6month ago and no one claimed the price.
    08-11-14 07:13 AM
    I have only downloaded one Android application on my phone. Netflix.

I heard there was a really popular show based in Washington DC about a ruthless politician and I just HAD to see it.

Posted via CB10
    It is superb - just as a matter of interest, you might like to seek out the original that was made 20 years ago by the BBC and is set in Westminster. It's (obviously) different, but both are brilliant in different ways.
    08-11-14 07:27 AM
    Of course we do. I have about a dozen android apps on my z10... none of which are laggy. native or nothing eh? Let me know how that works out for ya when ya want to load up Clash of Clans. OH NO! I mentioned a game! I must not be prosumer! whatever. There are apps that I use every day that Blackberry doesn't have. So yeah... I'm going to load them and run them... and make fun of android users by pointing out that I can run their apps and they can't run mine.
    08-11-14 07:33 AM
    I was the first reply on this thread, with a simple "yes".
    Let me elaborate.
    There are many practical apps that I use that are not as good as the android ones. Both the RBC and TD Bank apps developed for android are better than the ones for bb. They run slower but have more features, etc. Those are just an example of 2.

Then there are apps like the shipmate app, (my wife and I are leaving for a back to back cruise on tuesday), and shipmate are the Cruise Critic apps with the roll call forums are important (only available on android).

Then there are fun apps like the mosquito repellant app etc that are only on android.

Because of the earlier BlackBerry slide, they don't have market share anymore, so apps stopped being developed for bb. This is unfortunate but true.

With 3 million android downloads on blackberrys there is a market, and a need for them.

So that explains my one word answers, yes.

CB10/Z10
    08-11-14 07:33 AM
    I run way more Android apps than I do BlackBerry. I wish there were BB10 apps because they run faster and smoother and don't crash - but they don't exist. Even some of the apps from BBW are really android ports like Skype.

Snap and Amazon are my app stores. I use BBW for maybe 4 apps. Blaq, Twitter, Beweather, oh and a great game called "crush the zombies". That's a great BB10 game!

Glad I can have all the apps I do have. If not for android apps my phone would suck. I'd have left BlackBerry for Android by now.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.2.2.1531 / T-Mobile USA
    08-11-14 07:41 AM
    Lag kills. I've deleted 99% of them. Waiting.for passport so I can use mobile sites.

Posted via CB10
    Rllli likes this.
    08-11-14 07:49 AM
    The majority of native apps are absolutely useless especially some that I've paid for.. whereas I can get better free apps on snaps or amazon.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 08:03 AM
    Yes !! Some great android apps are BBC news, crackberry forums, soundcloud and kijiji. The sketchiest out of my android apps would be crackberry , but Ill give them the benefit of the doubt

Posted via CrackBerry App
    08-11-14 08:25 AM
    Yes, I use android apps, just because the apps I want are either not available for BlackBerry 10 or do not have nearly the same features. but I'm always trying to find native alternatives for the apps (e.g. Soundnine as a replacement for the soundcloud android app). I don't care if the native app is third-party or what as long as it gets the job - I need it for - done.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-2 / 10.2.2.1531 / Vodafone Germany
    08-11-14 08:40 AM
    This is a ridiculous statement. As long as you know who and where you downloaded the app from, the you run little to no risk of any malware. Just like emails, it's up to the user to know who or where it was sent from before opening and risking infection.

Posted via CB10
    This is the usual Android FUD. Download from Amazon App Store and research the apps before downloading. Google search "Best Android Apps 2014." You'll find good apps this way.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    08-11-14 08:42 AM
150 1234 ...