When I was watching bb 10 review videos, I thought I would be using the flicking a lot, but now that I actually picked up a Z10 and used the touch keyboard.

I rarely ever use the keyboard flicking and my typing is the fastest when I just use the auto correct and type normally.

Is this the case for other people as well?

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10

I have the opposite
    I turned on it suggests.
    I'm off correction.
    09-19-14 03:15 AM
    I use it, but not as often as I thought I would.
    09-19-14 07:09 AM
    Never, or very, very rarely. Actually, only if the autocompletion is too stupid to recognise the word and a flick gets me to my word faster. I find the flicking very distracting when typing, typically I’m much faster by typing every letter myself and by using the spacebar autocompletion. The suggestions are rarely relevant.
    09-19-14 08:10 AM
    Two-handed typing; no. One handed typing; yes.
    baspeed likes this.
    09-19-14 08:23 AM
    One handed and once and a while for me. Words are small and I'm so used to typing.

It's a BlackBerry Z30 on Big Red
    09-19-14 08:40 AM
    Could you just imagine how fast you could type if you did use them lol.

Never, or very, very rarely. Actually, only if the autocompletion is too stupid to recognise the word and a flick gets me to my word faster. I find the flicking very distracting when typing, typically I�m much faster by typing every letter myself and by using the spacebar autocompletion. The suggestions are rarely relevant.

It's a BlackBerry Z30 on Big Red
    09-19-14 08:42 AM
    Could you just imagine how fast you could type if you did use them lol.
    As I said, I don�t find them efficient, because every time you look at the suggestions it gives you, you are wasting time that you could have easily covered with manual typing and autocorrection too. Probably unlike you, I type in three different languages depending on the contact and while the keyboard does intelligently follow the language I�m using, the suggestions it provides are more often than not just irrelevant. In addition, I don�t like this handholding so much, it reminds me of that annoying paperclip back then in Microsoft Office that just distracted you from what you wanted to do: typing.

In general I have to admit that I�m having some afterthoughts about the BlackBerry 10 keyboard. I was very impressed with the multiple-language support, something which my iPhone didn�t have (I had to manually switch the keyboard language whenever I switched to another contact, very tedious). However, I find the autocompletion feature sometimes very aggravating. It happens too often that the autocompletion suggests a word that is not grammatically correct in that context (especially in German). When you use backspace too quickly, the autocorrection is reversed and you have to remove a letter to get it back or type the word yourself. In short: I�m wasting time by correcting the words that were meant to be corrected by the autocorrection. I cannot explain it otherwise, but it almost seems as if my keyboard becomes stupider by the day! :/
    Last edited by Eitot; 09-19-14 at 09:12 AM.
    skstrials likes this.
    09-19-14 09:01 AM
    Yes, whenever I only have one hand available and I need to type. Else, two thumbs and trust the auto-correct works best.
    baspeed likes this.
    09-19-14 09:49 AM
    I flick it all day!! It learns all my custom words ( in arab countries we type arabic with english letters + numbers)
    The phone learns all that and can somehow suggest the right words in the correct grammatical order.. even though these words aren't really words.
    It somehow records my usage patterns and gives correct suggestions..

Posted via CB10 from my Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.1052
    09-19-14 09:53 AM
    Absolutely
    09-19-14 10:22 AM
    All the time

Sent via the best damn virtual keyboard in existence...The BlackBerry Z30 Everybody!
    09-19-14 10:35 AM
    Yes, I do.

Flicking is a superb feature.
    09-19-14 11:13 AM
    All the time because even when you don't add all the words that the phone doesn't know to the dictionary, it learns and show me what I want to write

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 07:14 PM
    Heck i've been flicking on my passport all day!

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 08:09 PM
139 ... 456