Anyone have any idea how to by default not include the original message when hitting reply. I find it tedious to delete the entire message just to reply every time. I use Gmail as my email client, not sure if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance.
    04-14-13 11:07 PM
    In Gmail (not sure about from phone but would think it's the same) Instead of clicking Reply, which, by default, quotes the entire original email (and all subsequent replies) in your reply, do this:
    In the sender's message, select the text you're actually replying to and then click Reply.
    When Gmail creates the reply, it will include only that highlighted text, not the entire message.
    Not sure if this helps you, let me know.
    amkas90 likes this.
    04-14-13 11:39 PM
    I would like to just send a fresh email everytime I hit reply. As in no quoted text. I was able to do this on my iPhone, but I dont seem to have this option.
    04-24-13 10:51 AM
    I've looked for this as well, but it doesn't seem to be available yet in BB10. I don't necessarily need to clear the original text every time, but would like the option to, like I had on the Bold 9930. (When replying, there was a menu option to delete the original text. )

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 11:01 AM
    I've looked for this as well, but it doesn't seem to be available yet in BB10. I don't necessarily need to clear the original text every time, but would like the option to, like I had on the Bold 9930. (When replying, there was a menu option to delete the original text. )

Posted via CB10
    It seems this is another BBOS7 feature that needs to come across to BB10. I was surprised it was no longer there...unless I am missing something?
    05-07-14 07:45 AM
    Hmmm, I checked and such a setting seems to be not available. I'd like to be able to do that too.

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.2141
    05-07-14 08:18 AM
    In addition to "do not include original message", I have a rather long list of things I'd like to see in the native email app.

For example, I really do not like "MS Outlook style message quoting" that BB10 uses. I prefer traditional "greater-than" symbols in the left margin, unless it is a very very long multiple-generation email exchange.

Another one: "show full header". This has bugged the ($@#5!*+- out of me since the BBOS days.

What's even stupider is: I understand why BBOS didn't have it - because it was a BIS limitation. BIS probably wasn't passing all that data on to the device because it was like a "filtering middle-man".

But BB10 does NOT have that restriction, the device is a full communication endpoint just like a desktop email client. That data is there, it's just not accessible.
    cmarinas likes this.
    05-07-14 08:53 AM
    I agree with you that full-headers would be nice!
    05-07-14 10:21 AM
    Maybe we'll get a nice surprise with BB version 10.3. In the meantime, I had to manually delete the "original message" section. Fortunately, I usually like it there, but there are occasions where I need to remove it.

Thank you for verifying.
    05-07-14 10:23 AM
    I guess this is coming...

Do not include "original message" when replying to email.-img_20140507_232345.png

Posted via CB10
    LuayS and rhitdoph like this.
    05-07-14 10:24 AM
    I guess they just posted about an option in 10.3 that you can delete the original message

Posted via the best flicking keyboard
    05-07-14 10:25 AM
    Seems rather useless unless it's a long chain. Point of a reply is to keep the context otherwise just create new message....

Wish BlackBerry would invest time into something else quite honestly.

Oh well it's coming soon.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 03:04 PM
    For example, I really do not like "MS Outlook style message quoting" that BB10 uses. I prefer traditional "greater-than" symbols in the left margin, unless it is a very very long multiple-generation email exchange.
    Does anyone know if "greater-than" style for quoting the original message is available/possible with BB OS 10.3? Interleaved (or bottom post) replying is important to me and the communities I exchange emails with.

I'm thinking of moving back to Blackberry and that's one of the features I would really miss compared to other mobile OS.

Thanks.
    10-02-14 05:09 AM