Excuse me if I have missed a trick here but on BB OS7 when adding a new contact it would give you the option to save it on the phone and link to one of my email accounts. Having previously gone through the pain of not doing a recent back up I had lost contacts when resetting. On OS7 my contacts would be reinstated as they were automatically saved under my Hotmail contacts for example. Does OS10 still do this. I know BB protect used to have the option to restore contacts from it but this option was never available to me as I used my email as an alternative source. If I have missed a setup trick help would be appreciated!

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 02:36 PM
    It used to be you could set this in legacy OS. I honestly dont know where this setting is on BB10 Hopefully someone can shed some light on this for us!
    08-29-13 04:58 PM
    In BB10, when you add a contact on your device, it's automatically added to Local Contacts and the contacts list for synced email accounts. These are automatically linked together so they only apparently as one in the "All" contacts view.

Convenient for some, but I'd prefer the option to specify the list to which the contact is added.

Hope this helps. ~ecm

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 05:28 PM
    It syncs with all email accts .. I hate it... so if you have 3 exchange accts, you will see your new contacts 3 times one in each email
    08-29-13 05:33 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...k-sync-844113/

Thanks Elessar.cm for the detailed explanation.
    08-29-13 06:05 PM
    For each email account you can go into that account and edit which data is synced. So I have a Gmail account and a Hotmail account set up. Emails sync with both but contacts and calendar only sync with my Hotmail account. Syncing with Hotmail seems to be easy and reliable and a useful real time back up.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 06:31 PM
    This is good to know (as a potential Q10 buyer). I'm thinking about unGoogling my life and going with Microsoft's online outlook type offerings.

So, Hotmail still exists?

A long time ago, I switched to a "live" account. I thought Hotmail was gone.
    08-30-13 04:22 PM
    This is good to know (as a potential Q10 buyer). I'm thinking about unGoogling my life and going with Microsoft's online outlook type offerings.

So, Hotmail still exists?

A long time ago, I switched to a "live" account. I thought Hotmail was gone.
    Hotmail is gone, but when you set up your Outlook (Live) account, you have to use the advanced options for Hotmail in BB10. I switched recently, and it was quite a mess. In Gmail, I had emails in folders, but when it transferred, everything went into the Inbox. I spent several hours cleaning up old emails, deleting the useless ones and re-filing them. Maybe I did something wrong with the transfer, but it seems to be a lot easier to go the other way, from Outlook to Gmail.

Another annoyance - I have to teach Outlook what's spam. Its filter is not as good as Gmail's.
    Also, emails can take up to 15 minutes to get to my phone. It's not very important to me, but it is to some people. Maybe it's because Outlook polls my webmail account, and I haven't set them up to sync continuously.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 07:23 AM
    My experience with Hotmail / outlook has been good. Syncing happens quickly and I rarely receive spam on the phone. My local Internet provider uses live for email hosting and the service has been excellent.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 10:11 AM
    Unfortunately the experience from Hotmail/Outlook has not been great for me either. Things that are spam keep coming through even though when I log into outlook itself the same said item is in the junk folder, which is slightly annoying. My other issue which I am not sure is just restricted to Outlook is the delay on some emails which can be annoying especially when it's something important. Sometimes they come through instantly and I've had an instance where I waited 20 mins which tbh is a bit of a joke.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 12:14 PM
    It does, and before you add an email account it asks you 3 thingies; if u want em on or off. One of em is contact synchronization. I upgraded from a BlackBerry 9900 and there I always had my gmail acc active. When I moved to Q10, had all my contacts.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 01:01 PM