Why do I need a anti virus isn't BlackBerry the most secure safest network out there even then there's always somebody smarter trying to beat the system. So what's the best protection I can get?

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 06:19 PM
    I don't have an anti-virus app for my phone. No problems here. If something comes up, just wipe and reload. Wouldn't that stop any possible virus?

Welcome to CrackBerry, BTW!
    02-08-14 06:51 PM
    Facebook has more access to more things I wish it didn't than any android app would get I mean at worst it effects the runtime so I reinstall two files big deal. (aside from game progress)

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 06:57 PM
    No need for any kind of anti virus on BlackBerry 10. However, some people like to be on the safe side now that the ability to install direct apk's is possible, so they use Max Mobile Security to scan the apk's for malicious code.
    I swear by what Jaydee says tho, most easy, cheap and effective method if something does indeed go wrong

Bekijk Max Mobile Security in BlackBerry World! U vindt dit op http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/21747714

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 07:01 PM
    what if I use blackberry link or connect to be it cloud or USB to my computer. I just wipe my computer and had to started over, I know virus came from a used IPAD I let a friend use on my computer. no more device's that's not named blackberry

Posted via CB10
    MB2 likes this.
    02-08-14 07:03 PM
    secure anti virus pro made for blackberry is a lot cheaper and made for blackberry also has anybody tried it, but mentioned nothing about sideload apps in review

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 07:09 PM
    also bought McAfee for all devices installed on computer sent to phone is that efficient enough

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 07:17 PM
    I bought Max Security to support the dev and I am very happy with it. It has a secure browser, an apk scanner and it's native. Plus it just received an update today which is the second one in about a month or so.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 07:26 PM
    You don't need one! But thats just my opinion

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 09:28 PM
    The best protection is to practice "safe computing". Beyond that, it is for each user to consider the risk associated with their usage and the damage a failure may cause, and implement the most appropriate protection - whether that is to simply stay away from dodgy download sites, or to spend $5000 on custom protective software.
    02-09-14 12:44 AM
    I don't have an anti-virus app for my phone. No problems here. If something comes up, just wipe and reload. Wouldn't that stop any possible virus?

It should remove the problem, but what about the damage done before you detected and removed. Depending what is stored on the device it might not be a concern for your phone but you would be pretty angry if your doctors hit a problem which caused your medical history to be published.
    02-09-14 12:49 AM
    Guys, if u say u DONT need an anti virus on your blackberry yet you have some android apps that you have and are still installing, you are in for a surprise when your device starts acting up due to some malwares etc, but if you haven't installed any android ports/apps, you are well off without an anti virus. There are a few anti virus apps compatible with #BlackBerry10 devices, I use the free AVG (not willing to pay for the other ones yet... lol) but I see MaxSecure is well advertised on BlackBerry world.

Posted on a sexy QTEN
    02-09-14 01:22 AM

There is an issue though.

Most viruses nowadays are programmed to run silently in the background. The programmers know, that the moment the infected device stops working properly, someone will look for the issue and possibly reinstall the OS. However, if the user doesn't notice anything, the virus could stay undetected for a long time.

Anyway, the point is, reinstalling the OS will most likely remove any virus installed, but chances are, you wouldn't know that there is any virus on the device without antivirus software actively searching for it.

Posted via CB10
    mzway likes this.
    02-09-14 03:11 AM