I've been running 10.3.0.1154 for a while now, and I've had my Z10 since release, but the drop-away toolbar in the hub and pictures app is driving me crazy. I hate it.

Do any of the newer leaks make this action/toolbar fixed and no longer break into pieces and fall off the screen?

Thanks
    10-07-14 11:02 PM
    No it's not "fixed". I don't see a probem. What would you like the bar to do?

Via CB10 Rockin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632!!!!! And Proud member of the Peevishlicious Crew
    10-07-14 11:16 PM
    It actually depends on the developer of the application ..

But why don't you like it? It lets you see more content...
    newbiee likes this.
    10-07-14 11:22 PM
    I've been running 10.3.0.1154 for a while now, and I've had my Z10 since release, but the drop-away toolbar in the hub and pictures app is driving me crazy. I hate it.

Do any of the newer leaks make this action/toolbar fixed and no longer break into pieces and fall off the screen?

Thanks
    Why do you hate it? BlackBerry will retain that bar for sometime because it is usefull to a lot of users. Please explain why you don't like it so much? I personally don't find it very usefull but not to go so far to hate it? :S

Posted via CB10
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    10-07-14 11:25 PM
    Yes having a bar there does nothing anyway until you stop scrolling. I think it's great. And I LOOOOOVE it. Why so much hate?

Via CB10 Rockin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632!!!!! And Proud member of the Peevishlicious Crew
    10-07-14 11:46 PM
    I share those feeling from OP.

In eg. music player it is really hard to tap the last item listed.

*Posted via CB10*
    10-07-14 11:46 PM

*Posted via CB10*
    This is the only negative comment I have about it, other than that it's a good thing though as it improves screen real estate.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 04:49 AM
    I find it distracting and in its current form it hinders navigation and actions. It looks bad and I was just wondering if it was a final feature.

How is it even useful to have the little squares in the corners and then 1 action button floating in the middle? You can see like one word in the spaces.

I'm already scrolling, so it's not inconvenient to move my finger another 3mm. It is inconvenient after I'm done scrolling, to have to scroll back up just to tap on search.

I thought it might have been a bug, so I reinstalled the leak and later updated to .1154 but it was still there and I was really hoping that it was something they were just testing.

I mean, I hate iTunes more than the new action bar otherwise I would probably get a different phone.
    vgorous likes this.
    10-08-14 05:13 AM
    How is it even useful to have the little squares in the corners and then 1 action button floating in the middle? You can see like one word in the spaces.

I'm already scrolling, so it's not inconvenient to move my finger another 3mm. It is inconvenient after I'm done scrolling, to have to scroll back up just to tap on search.
    One word : Passport

P.S.
    do any of the newer leaks eliminate the drop-away toolbar?-img_20141008_094432.png

Posted from my Canadian Passport
    lyricidal and lifenotfound like this.
    10-08-14 08:45 AM
    One word : Passport

It's still bothersome.

I agree with the OP.

I'm not sure everyone who has posted back understood what the OP was talking about (but some did, including "dalight13" I'm quoting). It's not a developer issue. The OP is talking the built-in OS apps and the fact that "part" of the bottom bar drops away while scrolling. I.E., in the Hub, start scrolling up and the "search" and "attachments" part of the bottom bar drops away, but the bottom left "hamburger" list button, center "compose" button and bottom right 3-dot options button stay in place. Looks messy and still covers most of that area covered by the bottom bar anyway... so what's really the point of it? You can't do anything there, and you'll just scroll up more to see that whole line anyway.

Yes, you'll see more of that line on a Passport because the bar is spread out more, but are you really going to select anything at the very bottom, or scroll it up slightly to see the entire line?

It's okay when the entire bar drops away. That IS something that some developers use, and I have no problem with that.

Posted via CB10
    lifenotfound likes this.
    10-08-14 09:13 AM
    1 - lower the font size if you want more than one word there

2 - yes it's the dev that decides if it's like that or not... I could choose not to make it drop... in the case of the hub the dev is BlackBerry itself

3 - look at the app I made :

do any of the newer leaks eliminate the drop-away toolbar?-img_20141008_101955.png

do any of the newer leaks eliminate the drop-away toolbar?-img_20141008_102000.png

10-08-14 09:22 AM
    I find it distracting and in its current form it hinders navigation and actions. It looks bad and I was just wondering if it was a final feature.

I thought it might have been a bug, so I reinstalled the leak and later updated to .1154 but it was still there and I was really hoping that it was something they were just testing.

I mean, I hate iTunes more than the new action bar otherwise I would probably get a different phone.
    Agreed. Ugly and useless. Why not make the whole bar disappear if you really need on extra line of content?

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 09:31 AM

*Posted via CB10*
    What is eg. music player? BlackBerry 10's music player? I have a Q10 and I don't miss a beat!
    do any of the newer leaks eliminate the drop-away toolbar?-img_20141008_103557.png

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 09:38 AM

I mean, this is enough for me.. no one ever click the bottom line anyway, they always scroll a little bit for it to be in the middle so they can select it.

do any of the newer leaks eliminate the drop-away toolbar?-img_20141008_104032.png

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 09:41 AM
    I mean, this is enough for me.. no one ever click the bottom line anyway, they always scroll a little bit for it to be in the middle so they can select it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141008_104032.png 
Views:	570 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	304093

Posted via CB10
    The problem is with stuff like the music player where you may want to select the last item. I don't see why having it drop away completely would be bad.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 01:47 PM
    The problem is with stuff like the music player where you may want to select the last item. I don't see why having it drop away completely would be bad.

Posted via CB10
    Good point. I agree with you..

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 08:16 AM

*Posted via CB10*
    Oh this is a 10.3 issue. They haven't changed it yet even in 10.3.1 but I think it will be changed soon
    Keep in mind this is not an issue on the Passport because the screen is so wide, and 10.3 was only supposed to be passport only anyways
    10-09-14 09:02 AM
    Oh this is a 10.3 issue. They haven't changed it yet even in 10.3.1 but I think it will be changed soon
    Keep in mind this is not an issue on the Passport because the screen is so wide, and 10.3 was only supposed to be passport only anyways
    But, the fact that it's still in 10.3.1 meant to include the narrower screens of half the existing devices means that someone thought it was a "cool idea" so we may be stuck with it.

But, you may be right, it's still early in the development of 10.3.1, who knows.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 10:06 AM
    Would you prefer a bar that doesn't move? Because that's what we had before and it's not much Of a difference right now in 10.3. If they implement a fully removable bar then you'd lose the ability of the quick actions which are useful.

It's not meant as an extra row it's just there to give you a peak of things.

It would be ridiculous to remove it, it's a small but useful feature if you are one to use the quick action buttons frequently.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 10:24 AM
    I'd rather the whole bar drop away if possible. The way some apps already do it, and have always been able to do it.

Frankly, in the hub, my view is tall enough that I'm okay if the bar doesn't move at all. There's no point for it to do anything but sit there.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 10:32 AM

Thanks
    Why drive...it's a short walk...lol...(to crazy)

Crackberry Genius on Verizon 10.3.1.632
    10-13-14 04:28 AM
    It disappears when you swipe up/scroll down on 10.2.1... It is reduced to 3 icons (left, middle and right) on 10.3. If you want to chose the last item on the screen, just scroll a bit more. If it is the very last item of the list, the bar shows under that item.
    I got used to it and love it!
    I make it appear and disappear at will! (Q10/10.2.1) and id does not bother me on the Passport.

BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.1.2941; BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.0.675
    10-13-14 04:38 AM
    I'm running Z10STL100-4/10.3.1.938 and noticed the following option has appeared under Display in settings:

do any of the newer leaks eliminate the drop-away toolbar?-img_20141029_060811.png

Disabling the 'Hide action bar when scrolling' stops it disappearing as per pre 10.3 OS's.

Russ.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 05:10 AM